It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Mike2E
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
This Sunday! Tribbles! Second Edition! Hopefully 6 players! Putting up with yet another MtG release event weekend! It's all happening in Brisbane! Exclamation points!

See you Sunday :)

M2E

By Mike2E
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
*Sigh*

Remember that MtG event I mentioned? Yeah well they've had a HUGE turnout and there are literally NO spare tables. So, unfortunately I'm goin to have to cancel today's events - sorry guys :( .

Will reschedule events shortly.

Regards, and apologies,

Mike

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Mike2E wrote:*Sigh*

Remember that MtG event I mentioned? Yeah well they've had a HUGE turnout and there are literally NO spare tables. So, unfortunately I'm goin to have to cancel today's events - sorry guys :( .

Will reschedule events shortly.

Regards, and apologies,

Mike
They wouldn't hold a table for you?

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
That sucks ....

Play at the local Pub --- beer and Trek --- awesome!!

By Mike2E
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Mike wrote: They wouldn't hold a table for you?
Usually don't have to ask, as there's enough room for us and a few other groups. I was aware there was an event on today; just didn't realise the size/importance of it (apparently a PTQ or something). Will have to pay better attention in future. Jet Just one of those things [shrugs]

edit: clarified stupid phone autocorrect typo
Last edited by Mike2E on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Mike2E wrote:
Iron Mike wrote: They wouldn't hold a table for you?
Usually don't have to ask, as there's enough room for us and a few other groups. I was aware there was an event on today; just didn't realise the size/importance of it (apparently a PTQ or something). Will have to pay better attention in future. Jet one of those things [shrugs]
Yes, it was just that--a Pro Tour Qualifier for the Pro Tour in San Diego later this year. First place gets an entry and airfare.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
You guys should've played just for the airfare, and then blow off the big Magic tournament in San Diego to play in a local Trek event instead... ;-)

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Maelwys wrote:You guys should've played just for the airfare, and then blow off the big Magic tournament in San Diego to play in a local Trek event instead... ;-)
It was Modern Constructed (so cards going back all the way to 8th Edition, almost 10 years now)... might've been a bit hard to be competitive. :wink:

By Mike2E
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote:It was Modern Constructed (so cards going back all the way to 8th Edition, almost 10 years now)... might've been a bit hard to be competitive. :wink:
...let alone interested in it :wink:

A tip of the hat to MtG for being the first in the genre, but seriously, it is (to me), a fairly dull affair. Each to their own [shrugs].

By Mike2E
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hi all,

Updates for March events:

Sunday March 10th (this coming Sunday)

Tribbles at 11am

2nd Edition at 12 Noon

Sunday March 24th

Tribbles at 11am

2nd Edition at 12 Noon

Given that our only Sealed Regional is for 1E this year, I figured people may want more chances to test out their 2E decks... Anyway, see you this Sunday :)

By Mike2E
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Reminder / updated bump - this Sunday will have Tribbles and First Edition (instead of previously scheduled 2E) events. We'll then have 2E on our first event in April (APril 7th), and then we've got our Regionals Weekend after that!

M
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]