For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Psyjedi
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hey All,

I'm looking to create a 1E stall deck that I'm told can't be done :D

The point would be to use Holoprogram: Fortress of Doom, as well As Eli Hollander/Felix Leech/Security Dilemma, to prevent your opponent from attempting any of his missions.

The trick is: how to get your ships to where he is attempting his/her missions? Any ideas?

Once that's accomplished, I'm not actually sure what I would do to win the game, but I wanted to see if anyone had been successful in pulling off this tactic.

Thanks!
PJ
Last edited by Psyjedi on Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Boon of Bolian (Rem Boon)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
wormholes might work.

and the countering ref card (opperate wormhole relays iirc)won't help because you move your own ships.

Sorry have not played since 2e came out so I am a bit rusty.

disadvantage is the number of cards it will be adding to your deck.

Hope this helpes

Boon of Bolian (back again)
Last edited by Boon of Bolian on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yes wormhole out of the q´s tent and Space-Time Portal will work fine.

Also you might include quantum fissure, ablativ amor (first turn using bareil) and Leonardo DaVinci (who may paint the mona lisa in in the excapt moment the opponent destroys your ship - if he passes throught ablativ amor).

if you have a fast and well shielded ship, your strategy will really hurt your opponent.
Last edited by Mr.Sloan on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

By warpaw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
What about using your combo, as well as Standard Orbit, to slow downloading and using Scout Encounter/quantum singularity lifeform to stall ships in space to give you time to get that location.
Last edited by warpaw on Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Psyjedi
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for the reply guys!

Great ideas.

2 questions:

LuthySloan - Why do you say that the Wormhole needs to be out of the Q's Tent? Doesn't that prevent you from playing it on your opponent's turn (which is when you want to be moving your ship).

warpaw - What is Standard Orbit?

Thanks again!
PJ
Last edited by Psyjedi on Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Wormoles won't work for what you need. Your ship has to be about to move to enter the wormhole. You would need some other effect to move your ship in order to benefit from the wormholes.

I suggest either Nelvana Trap or one of the BC persuit cards.
Last edited by whitestar29 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Psyjedi
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Excellent suggestion whitestar! Thanks!

Blind Spot is exactly the card I'm looking for. Getting that card out is a problem, but in the seed phase alone you use Caretaker's Array to seed Think Tank's Ship (Holodeck AND Cloaking Device), and then seed Holoprogram:Fortress of Doom on it. In your first turn, download Chaotica and find your way to your opponent's facility (using wormholes supposedly).

Once you can get Blind Spot out (stock lots of Q's Tents?), you chase your opponent's ship around so that he can't attempt where present.

This forces your opponent to split up his away teams, otherwise you just follow the stronger away team.

Of course it all falls apart if your opponent plays holographic personnel, I just don't see that much around here after we decided to not let people use Vic Fontaine =)

Interesting idea...only costs three seed cards too (perhaps more to let the ship travel between quadrants).

I'll see if I can work it into the next tournament.

Thanks!
PJ
Last edited by Psyjedi on Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Psyjedi wrote:Hey All,

I'm looking to create a 1E stall deck that I'm told can't be done :D

The point would be to use Holoprogram: Fortress of Doom, as well As Eli Hollander/Felix Leech/Security Dilemma, to prevent your opponent from attempting any of his missions.

The trick is: how to get your ships to where he is attempting his/her missions? Any ideas?

Once that's accomplished, I'm not actually sure what I would do to win the game, but I wanted to see if anyone had been successful in pulling off this tactic.

Thanks!
PJ
Fortress of Doom is a really hard stall deck to build for a number of reasons. First, you have to have a ship with Chaotica where you wish to deny the opponent your mission. Second, the opponent can just get out your blockade with a Hologram. So you also have the job of preventing Holograms from attempting the mission.

Perhaps a better way to go is Post Garrision. With the right ships in orbit or the right personnel on the ground, you can prevent the opponent from attempting the mission. On the ground you can use a shape-shifter and You Dirty Rat to prevent the oppnent from ever battling you. And in space, big enough ships should have the opponent think twice about putting up a fight (especially if your ships are backed by certain events and/or a Battle Bridge Side Deck).

In any case, have fun!

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling St[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]