It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Below is the tentative schedule for KotR '13, happening October 18th through the 20th in Minnesota. Stay tuned to the MN player forums found here for further details as they are finalized.

Friday October 18th

1st Edition Voyager Warp Speed

2nd Edition Slipstream

Tribbles Finals

Saturday October 19th

2nd Edition Finals

Sunday October 20th

1st Edition Finals
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:To be the man, you have to beat the man!
Well that's not hard to do now a days, is it?

TK
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
Couple of questions regarding the number of events scheduled:

1) Is there interest in having myself / Justin / Hayes / James host a 1E side event, say Standard OTF, on Saturday at FFG during the 2E slug-fest? If so, I could post it and link someone else as a secondary T.D.

2) Is there interest in having myself / Frid host a 2E side event, say Premiere Only constructed, on Sunday at FFG during the 1E slug-fest? If so, I could post it and link someone else as a secondary T.D.

Let me know! :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
Reminder: I'm wondering if there is interest in a 1E event on Saturday and a 2E event on Sunday, format t.b.d. If you plan on attending any of the other events, please respond with a yay or nay to an additional tournament (please specify which edition) and I will go from there. If there doesn't appear to be much interest, I won't bother, but if there is I'll need to know shortly so I can adjust the schedules. Thanks.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
Only a few months before the big throw down up here in The Land of 10,000 Champions, so start making your travel arrangements! Will The Alabama Slamma repeat as King? Will another Outsider crash the party and walk away with gold? Or will a true born reclaim the throne? Tune in to King of the Ring 2013 Edition to find out! :cheersL:

Often imitated but never duplicated the hottest brand going in the business today is T2E Entertainment! You... gotta... be... THERE!!!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
With all this talk of a new set coming out before, not before, during, or after n.W.o. Worlds, I felt I needed to remind everyone of the tournament schedule for King of the Ring! Last year we drew 24 players (20 for 2E, 4 more for Tribbles) for the In Your House portion of the festivities, and 22 (20 for most of the day plus 2 judges) for the King of the Ring itself, so you know it's going to be another barn burner this year!

I also have it on good accord that we can expect another boat load of prizes from our orange hat allies to the south, that we will likely pull n.W.o. members from the four corners of the U.S., and there is even a rumor floating around that a green badge may be repealed to show an orange coating underneath. Who knows? In The Land of 10,000 Champions anything can happen... and it probably will! You gotta be there! :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
If you haven't made travel arrangements for King of the Ring yet, you best get on it as you won't want to miss out on participating in the most competitive tournament of the year up here in The Land of 10,000 Champions!

Stay tuned to this thread for updates regarding the prize shipment from our Aussie comrades, the trophies (!) being acquired for our three games' winners, and all the rest of the swag being inventoried as we roll through September and into October. You gotta be there! :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
It was nice to see KotR pre-registration on the rise over the long holiday weekend! I can't wait to mix it up with the invaders, Matt "The Animal" Hayes, "Hollywood" Jared Hoffman, Joel "Syxx" Skon, and "Hardcore" Jeremy Huth, among several other A-listers not yet confirmed to attend.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what designs you boys and girls come up with for 2E slipstream, Tribbles, and 2E standard as well as what concoctions y'all come up with on the fly for 1E warp speed and the tin draft! It's gonna be a wild one, folks!

Often imitated but never duplicated the hottest brand going in the business today is T2E Entertainment. You gotta be there!

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
There's a good chance I will be joining. I still need to make the necessary arrangements. Is anyone from Iowa coming? Or how about South Dakota via Albert Lea? Has Joel called dibs on your basement couch? Or will Lil make me up a comfy bed?

Also a little fun fact: my parents bought a summer cabin off a lake near Mankato a month ago. So now I'm at least a small percentage Minnesotan by residence now.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
Naetor wrote:There's a good chance I will be joining. I still need to make the necessary arrangements. Is anyone from Iowa coming? Or how about South Dakota via Albert Lea? Has Joel called dibs on your basement couch? Or will Lil make me up a comfy bed?
I presume Kev & Co. will be coming from SD (no official word yet though), and both Jared and Joel have indicated they are taking the MegaBus once again. As far as free crash space available, I have a spare bed, rollout futon, and 2 couches, but as you know they all come with the caveat of Lil and I also owning a dog and 2 cats (for those with pet allergies.) I think Joel and Jared are staying with me, but there is obviously a good deal of comfortable space at TBG Headquarters not to mention the potential to stay at any of our other local players' residences (e.g. Jer, Nat, Justin, etc.) Failing that, at the very least traveling folks can likely make arrangements with others for a group hotel stay, either in the Riverdale or Northtown areas (both near my home) or in Roseville (near Fantasy Flight games.)
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
<insert teaser here> Trophies for this event were ordered today and man, do they look amazing. Think Decipher era "glass" with a Minnesota twist...</teaser>
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
There's only one place in the World where you can compete against former and current World, National, and Continental Champions for your chance to win one of these three beauties, and it's The Land of 10,000 Champions! Coming to pay per view in a little over a month it's the 2013 installment of King of the Ring! You gotta be there!
Attachments:
KotRTrophies.jpg
KotRTrophies.jpg (38.43 KiB) Viewed 4516 times
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
21 players from 6 states participated last year, and numbers are anticipated to reach those heights again this year as we already have 13 pre-reg'd from 5 states with a month to go before King of the Ring kicks off. Which competitor will ascend the thrown and claim one of three distinct KotR trophies? Will an outsider invade The Land of 10,000 Champions and take the gold home oncemore, or will one of the trueborn bring the title back to the family? Tune in to find out!

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]