This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
It's 18 here for everything (drinking and purchasing), though I once did have to wait for probably at least five minutes while the cashier tried to verify that my ID was valid (it's not a commonly used piece of ID).
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Without 1E going "back to PAQ" again, the best way I can think of to celebrate the last 20 years would be to produce a boutique set where there are essentially one "extra" card from each expansion added - and they all get dual expansion icons.

For example, items that could have easily fitted into those sets - from extra TNG era personnel, AU icon cards, Q-cards, a conversion of Varria for the Fajo collection, a new drone for FC, a Cardie/Bajoran for DS9.... Right through to an extra site (Replimat say) for Homefront V.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
KazonPADD wrote:Without 1E going "back to PAQ" again, the best way I can think of to celebrate the last 20 years would be to produce a boutique set where there are essentially one "extra" card from each expansion added - and they all get dual expansion icons.

For example, items that could have easily fitted into those sets - from extra TNG era personnel, AU icon cards, Q-cards, a conversion of Varria for the Fajo collection, a new drone for FC, a Cardie/Bajoran for DS9.... Right through to an extra site (Replimat say) for Homefront V.

Paddy,

I think this is a stellar idea. I hereby second it. Charlie & the rest of the Design department, if you don't already have certain plans in place, this would be a fantastic thing to follow through on, if you can. For both editions, in fact. 1E Premiere through HFV. 2E Premiere through Unnatural Selection. ???

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
:thumbsup:
karonofborg13 wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:Without 1E going "back to PAQ" again, the best way I can think of to celebrate the last 20 years would be to produce a boutique set where there are essentially one "extra" card from each expansion added - and they all get dual expansion icons.

Paddy,

I think this is a stellar idea. I hereby second it. Charlie & the rest of the Design department, if you don't already have certain plans in place, this would be a fantastic thing to follow through on, if you can. For both editions, in fact. 1E Premiere through HFV. 2E Premiere through Unnatural Selection. ???
+1

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
K-Padd has an excellent idea on his hand there! Second that.
If that would be to taxing then I still think we could fall back on one of the other ideas listed here.
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 -  
Cheers all! I'd better try and win MIS so I can help work on it!

I have a far few ideas already - I'll try and pull a list together over the next few days!

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
SirDan wrote:
Smiley wrote:So my hopes are to really go back to the start and maybe let us see some of the cards that where cut from the original playtest (such as Giunan in this ad).
Huh. A Federation-colored Wormhole and a Guinan with Officer? Crazy stuff.
BTW, if anyone is like me and having problems getting the image Smiley is talking about to appear, you have to disable your ad blocker add-on. Since "ad" is in the URL of the image, it's getting blocked.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
EHCCGPP wrote:
SirDan wrote:
Smiley wrote:So my hopes are to really go back to the start and maybe let us see some of the cards that where cut from the original playtest (such as Giunan in this ad).
Huh. A Federation-colored Wormhole and a Guinan with Officer? Crazy stuff.
BTW, if anyone is like me and having problems getting the image Smiley is talking about to appear, you have to disable your ad blocker add-on. Since "ad" is in the URL of the image, it's getting blocked.
Do you have an equally convenient fix for MidnightLich's avatar, or that one badge Iron Mike has that won't load and screws up the page width? I've been trying to figure that one out for ages, and your post gives me hope that I'm not the only one having the issue.

+1 to KPadd's suggestion.

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
Smiley wrote:I would really like to see us having a look back in time as alluded in previous posts.

So my hopes are to really go back to the start and maybe let us see some of the cards that where cut from the original playtest (such as Giunan in this ad).

Or maybe return to Premier with all the knowledge that we have now and either redo stuff that just didn't work out (like this card or more likely, make old cards that haven't seen play since, to actually do something again.

Or maybe even see what a Doorway, Objective, Incident would look like in that context.

Don't think we need to involve 2E in this celebration but if we should then a reversed BC thing would be fun. Hard to pull of but fun!

All of these ideas should be a small boutique product and nothing more but definitely more then one or two cards.
Forwards compatible card!! 2E card on a 1E template, LOL!

This is PERFECT!! Come on, CC, this would be EPIC! It's Star Trek, OF COURSE we have a card created before the game in which it is used is created...temporal mechanics are just a suggestion anymore anyway, :P

Barring this epicness actually happening I like Paddy's idea.
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 -  
Bit of Thread-necro! I hadn't forgotten about this, just been busy with Make It So and designing 18 Dream Cards for the Thematic competition (and Xmas, New Years, etc)

Anyway, here's my list of ideas for how I would do an anniversary set:

1) Premiere – Tebok’s D’deridex (my favourite thing from Premiere was building fleets of D'Deridex's!)
2) Alternate Universe – Professor Data
3) Q Continuum – A new Q card “The Trial Never Ended”
4) Fajo – Varria (conversion)
5) First Contact – A Borg controlled Enterprise-E
6) DS9 – Worf (the missing main!)
7) The Dominion – Admiral Necheyev (Dom/Fed AU from Vorta Scenario)
8 ) Blaze of Glory – Drex (Martok’s son)
9) Rules of Acquisition – The Grand Nagal Shuttle
10) The Trouble With Tribbles – NA S’Salk (The Gorn)
11) Mirror, Mirror – The Intendant’s Quarters (Site; downloads Intendant; kickstart KCA)
12) Voyager – Kazon conference centre (to Kickstart the Kazon)
13) The Borg – General Korok (NA Borg)
14) Holodeck Adventures – Holoprogram: Klingon Calisthenics
15) The Motion Pictures – A Federation President or Colonel West
16) All Good Things – Starbase 247
17) The Enterprise Collection – Klaang (Broken Bow)
18) Referee Reprints – Martial Law (new Ref card; limits free reports to 3 per turn)
19) Identity Crisis – Klingon Border Sisters of Duras (has to be a “missing” reprint)
20) Chain of Command – Acting Captain Data (from Gambit)
21) Life From Lifelessness – Dilemma from TWOK “Buying escape time with their lives”
22) Homefront – Alternate Founders Homeworld (Used from Broken Link onwards)
23) Straight and Steady – Kelby (could swap with 17)
24) BaH! – a new tactic for DQ affiliations
25) Shades of Grey – A new “Download and seed” dilemma but for DS9 (Chula?)
26) Homefront II – Gaila (The Ferengi only got 2 personnel reprints!)
27) Resistance is Futile – Hawk of Borg
28) The Next Generation – Julian Bashir (from Birthright)
29) Homefront III – Event: Picard Family Christmas (Bonus for being inside the Nexus if you're not Dr Soran)
30) Engage – Romulan Soup Vendor
31) The Sky’s The Limit – another NA Borg (Tayar)
32) Homefront IV – An extra Northwest Passage region mission (DQ)
33) Emissary – Kubas Oak (The Collaborator, dual affiliation Baj/Car)
34) Homefront V – Replimat
35) Something from Boomer – Maybe the MIS mission?
36) Something from Apollo / HF6 - TBC

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:Bit of Thread-necro! I hadn't forgotten about this, just been busy with Make It So and designing 18 Dream Cards for the Thematic competition (and Xmas, New Years, etc)

1) Premiere – Tebok’s D’deridex (my favourite thing from Premiere was building fleets of D'Deridex's!)
11) Mirror, Mirror – The Intendant’s Quarters (Site; downloads Intendant; kickstart KCA)
18) Referee Reprints – Martial Law (new Ref card; limits free reports to 3 per turn)
19) Identity Crisis – Klingon Border Sisters of Duras (has to be a “missing” reprint)
21) Life From Lifelessness – Dilemma from TWOK “Buying escape time with their lives”
29) Homefront III – Event: Picard Family Christmas (Bonus for being inside the Nexus if you're not Dr Soran)
Great ideas!!!

By soggy_amphibian (Mark)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maje
Wow, there are several of these I'd be using!
Seems like The Traveler - Transcendence and Kivas Fajo: Collector imply broken links (and IIRC the BradyGames book said something about there being another Traveler card planned), seems like they'd fit in around the PAQ era... but I'm not sure I'd tamper with that list. I loves me some Romulans so Dukat's Tebok's ship would be most welcome, Professor Data sounds cool, and I'd love the Flash to be more worthwhile...

By JoDa
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:Bit of Thread-necro! I hadn't forgotten about this, just been busy with Make It So and designing 18 Dream Cards for the Thematic competition (and Xmas, New Years, etc)

:thumbsup: :cheersL:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation