For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 184 posts
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Hey folks. I wanted you to know that I'm considering a weekly podcast/YouTube show for this year's Regional season, where I'll quickly recap events from the previous weekend and preview & make predictions for the upcoming weekend.

This show would run every week throughout Regional season, streaming live on YouTube using Google Hangouts on Wednesday nights, and be uploaded as a podcast within a day or two. I expect it to be a shorter show than Assimilate This! - likely 30 to 45 minutes. Due to my evening work schedule, I will unfortunately have to stream the show at 11:30 pm Eastern. (However, this does have the advantage of not interfering with Wednesday night Tribbles!)

I am looking for volunteers that would like to guest on the show and predict and discuss Regional events alongside me. If you think you might be available to "co-host" and appear every Wednesday, feel free to send me a PM. If you aren't available every week but would like to make select appearances, that's great too! I'm looking to have an additional slot or two open for rotating guests. Let me know when you'd like to be available and I'll be happy to work with you.

The first show is slated for Wednesday, March 26th, at 11:30 pm Eastern. I'm very excited about it and I hope you'll enjoy it as well.
Last edited by OKCoyote on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 -  
Thanks everyone for your interest in this project so far. I've got a few volunteers on this thread and a couple more in PMs. I'll give this thread a couple more days to see who else is interested, and then I'll start messaging people and setting things up. (So if I don't reply to your PM right away, be patient.)
 -  
I'm happy to announce that Greg Dillon will be joining the show as co-host. Welcome aboard, Greg! :cheersL:

I've sent everyone who expressed interest in appearing a schedule, and am hoping to start scheduling guests very soon - stay tuned!
 -  
UPDATE: I don't yet have a guest slated for our premiere show. This show is scheduled for Wednesday, March 26th, at 11:30 pm Eastern.

There are only two events on the calendar for that weekend, so we'll be talking about those and discussing the Regional season as a whole. If you'd like to be a guest for our first episode, please contact me ASAP.
 -  
Hi folks - one final reminder that my new podcast Road to Worlds: Regional Rundown will debut tomorrow night! That's Wednesday, March 26th, at 11:30 pm Eastern. Join myself and co-host Greg Dillon as we preview the upcoming Regional season and run down the first weekend of Regional events!

You can watch the live stream on YouTube (the link will be provided in chat) or watch later on YouTube or in podcast form when it goes up. Hope you enjoy the show.

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Will this feed via Assimilate This or will it have a new/separate feed for the audio podcasts?
 -  
flrazor wrote:Will this feed via Assimilate This or will it have a new/separate feed for the audio podcasts?
Not yet decided.

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]

New Tribbles are coming! Look busy! https://www.t[…]

You will need one more thing for this - compatibil[…]