For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Orog
 -  
Greetings!

I have acquired a bunch of 2E cards and have almost every card (all sets except reflections 2.0)
however I only have 1 of each card and me and a friend are looking to get into this game big time

most of the deck lists I have seen only use multiple copies of cards and I was hoping some kind person could either link me to some decks (physical cards only) that only use 1 of each card max or a couple of lists so we could get things started :)

ty!

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Orog wrote:thanks for the tip! however I would prefer to use the physical cards as I don't have access to a printer at the moment :(
I would recommend using online printing services (here in the UK I use fileprint.org) if you can't get hold of the physical cards. Also Mailboxes Etc and other stationers (?) offer instore printing facilities.

By Orog
 -  
I would probably just buy a printer if we do like the game. but without even having played yet I cant justify paying money at this stage as the cards cost me nothing.

im not needing anything competitive or anything just fun themed decks for us to play and get used to the game at this stage :)

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
If you don't want to print cards, I take it you're limiting yourself to the Decipher sets, 1-14, which is what's called Traditional format.

Have a look at the decks used in this Traditional tournament.

Kris' deck, for example, doesn't have a lot of duplicates in it, and it is very light on Reflections 2.0 cards. Replace the duplicates/Reflections cards with similar cards (e.g., second copy of Davies with Goval; duplicate ships with a Mercenary ship or a U.S.S. Nebula; James T. Kirk OT with James T. Kirk LL; Lwaxana Troi with Deanna Troi; Admiral Riker with First Officer) or just ignore them (These are the Voyages).
The dilemma pile will still be great if you play only one card where Kris' deck has two copies.

Similarly, some of the other decklists there can be adapted, e.g. Oliver's Klingons shouldn't be hard to adapt to what you have available.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Orog wrote:I would probably just buy a printer if we do like the game. but without even having played yet I cant justify paying money at this stage as the cards cost me nothing.

im not needing anything competitive or anything just fun themed decks for us to play and get used to the game at this stage :)
I understand your plan but I will say that I didn't enjoy this game that much until I started copying some better-tuned decks that were really fast or had extra tricks (involved printing a lot since I only had real cards from the first set). So bear in mind that your eventual enjoyment might be greater than your initial experiment leads you to believe.

If you're only working with 1-ofs I would look at decks with lots of small personnel that play quickly. Cadets are one good example: (the deck Johannes is referring to)

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ckID=17465

BTW if you let us know what part of the world you're in there might be people playing nearby.

By shagg08 (Michael O'Shogay)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If you are looking for how to play/build decks and such a good place to look is the 2E Deck Design Articles on this very website located here. I've always found Nate's blog post on Championship deckbuilding to be quite insightful and awesome which can be found here. Also if you have specific questions just ask them here. As far as deck size goes it just depends like Fritzinger said will depend on the goal of the deck but also the personal preference of the player.
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]