For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
  • 121 posts

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I was looking around the other day and came across this site ( http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/ ) where they have this incredible program which easily creates Magic cards for you.

I looked around for quite a while after this hoping to find a similar program for Star Trek CCG but came up with nothing.

Does anyone out there have a program which can make Star Trek cards. Just click on and area and easily insert what you want. But also virsitle enough that you could even create another affiliation if you want.

I'd love to know if anything like this is out there and is available to me. 8)
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Bulliebuddy wrote:I was looking around the other day and came across this site ( http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/ ) where they have this incredible program which easily creates Magic cards for you.

I looked around for quite a while after this hoping to find a similar program for Star Trek CCG but came up with nothing.

Does anyone out there have a program which can make Star Trek cards. Just click on and area and easily insert what you want. But also virsitle enough that you could even create another affiliation if you want.

I'd love to know if anything like this is out there and is available to me. 8)
That would be a pretty cool project...and not really that hard, given the right software and programming skills.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I don't suppose we could find a volunteer to make one with all the bells and whistles. Nice and user friendly. :?:
:idea: :arrow: Making new affiliations and the ability to import new symbols would also be a great feature for those of us that would like to combine different TV series to the game. :mrgreen: :!:

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If someone can provide me with graphics, I can provide the programming.

By njr75003
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Peers wrote:If someone can provide me with graphics, I can provide the programming.
You should be able to find most of the templates in the YAHOO! "StarTrekCCGDCS" Group's File section. They're mostly PSD files (PhotoShop), but quite usable.

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I shall see what I can come up with. :)

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi, this is something I can definitely do. .Net's GDI+ graphics would make this so easy. In fact, I already did somehing like this in .Net years ago for 1e. I also have all the templates and graphics. Plus a made a deconstructed 2e affil template once. Using colour effects it would even be possible to make new affils on the fly. And, I just downloaded the 450 dpi!!! templates from this site... I could make something really effective. I could set it up like a wizard app where anybody could easily make and edit entire dream expansions, and export for hi-res print or single jpgs (or right into a lackeyccg plugin).

It would not be that much work really, I'm messing with the 450 dpi templates to see how i'd set them up right now.

But, to be honest, this is totally to type of thing I'll lose interest in and put on the backburner very quickly... i only think about stccg once in a while. And I won't want to do an incomplete or lame job. If somebody keeps bothering me and reminds me that people would get use out of it, I'll do it.

Tim

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ok... it was harder than I though.... but I've actually done it!

I've only done a Single Card Beta Version using the regular resolution. It's based on my 2e-templates. There are several features I want but havn't added yet. However, you can make ANY card (with already used affils, icons, etc) just by clicking and entering text!!

(I'm actually really impressed by my own work... the text-splicing and GDI+ graphics coding is ridiculous.)

I've uploaded it to the Files section of the startrekccgdcs Yahoo! Group.

2ecardmaker-0-2-beta.zip
in
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/sta ... dcs/files/

It's a single EXE file. Not an installer. It uses the .Net framework.

The Fonts - I've just put them loose in the zip file for now. You'll probably need to installl them all. (Even if you've downloaded my stccg fonts before there are some new ones I've customized for this program)

So, check it out and make some cards!

Please return any feedback and bugs!
(Note: I'm worried aobut placement of bold game text on different computers. Check that out.)

I'm tired,
Tim
timl8l@yahoo.com
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/startrekccgdcs

By Taurnil
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Czech National Second Runner-Up 2011
Graet work Timo, this program is incredible. I enjoyed so much fun with this program so far .

I only see 2 things I would add or change.

1.) Picture insertion is bit complicated in matter of changing size of the picture.

2.)Imossibility to change saved card, maybe archive of made card for future tampering would make this program best I have ever seen.

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I just update the program and uploaded it to the yahoo group files.

Hey Taurnil thanks for the input.
Taurnil wrote: 1.) Picture insertion is bit complicated in matter of changing size of the picture.
I fixed the buggy resizer.

I am hesitant to autmotically resize and place an image, because I think some thought needs to be put into framing the image shots. Things like nose room and directing action are more important to the look of the card than people realise.
Taurnil wrote: 2.)Imossibility to change saved card, maybe archive of made card for future tampering would make this program best I have ever seen.
I knew I'd have to do this, but was putting it off. It's a lot of typing, but not really interesting code. But I did it, it's in the update. you can save the card data to a file for later editing. it also saves the path to the image, and the dimensions of it.

I have also created an album on the yahoo group. If anybody tries the program, place upload a couple cards you made so I can see how its working.

Later,
Tim
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
This program has been awesome! I've been using it to update the long-awaited Delphic Expanse DC expansion. I've gotten through the dilemmas in one day. I'll keep going until I have them all done and make sure everybody who asked will be able to find them.

The update will help when the [1EC] icon is added in. (I assume it will be...)

As far as reactions, I am very impressed. I might move the text up just a smidge. I have some lore that can get printed not quite in the box from time to time. Other than that, I am thoroughly impressed. For anyone who wants to make their own dreamcards, this program is the best!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Can anyone tell me how to install the fonts. I'm a little computer illiterite and can't figure it out. This program is amazing. I hope it can be made to include other affiliations eventually too.

I've also noticed that typing in rom gets you the TNG icon instead so that may need to be fixed.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]