For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
2014/15 WCT Online League tournament #P2.1E

First Edition
Format: Constructed
Card Pool: Block
Ruleset: OTF

Pairings will be announced in the discussion thread on Mondays. Players have until the following Monday to get together, play and report the result. Results should be reported in the discussion thread or via PM to commdecker.

- LackeyCCG and Skype are required to play.
- Rules/Banned cards in effect at the start of the tournament remain in effect throughout.
- You may NOT change your deck between rounds.
- 2 1/2 hour time limit per game.

1st round pairings announced: Sunday, March 1
2nd round pairings announced: Monday, March 9
3rd round pairings announced: Monday, March 16
4th round pairings announced: Monday, March 23
Final results due: Monday, March 30

The number of rounds may be adjusted depending on turnout.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Welcome to block! All the cards for the current block are legal, from The Next Generation to The Gamma Quadrant.

Here are the pairings for the 1st round. Game time limit 2h30. Determine who goes first randomly.

* Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot) vs Ted Reebel (TReebel)
* John Paul Veazey (elveez) vs Daniel Matteson (OKCoyote)
* Jeremy Huth (9of24) vs Kris Sonsteby (LORE)
* Edwin Latrell (Latrell) vs lotjx
* Jon Carter (pfti) vs Kevin Jaeger (Hoss-Drone)

Results should be posted here or sent to me by PM. Please have your results in by Monday, Mar 9.

Good luck everyone. Get It Done! :-)
Last edited by commdecker on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
I want to clarify something, in response to a PM I got:
We were confused as if this is straight block or OFT.
This answer is going to start off being glib, but ... it's both. "Block" is a set of cards, and "OTF" is a set of rules.

"Block" sets it apart from "Complete", and excludes earlier cards such as Q-Flash, Sulan, and Schoolroom.

"OTF" sets it apart from "Open", and excludes banned cards (which are already excluded in Block anyway) as well as certain strategies such as mission stealing and winning the game with 100 bonus points.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
commdecker wrote:I want to clarify something, in response to a PM I got:
We were confused as if this is straight block or OFT.
This answer is going to start off being glib, but ... it's both. "Block" is a set of cards, and "OTF" is a set of rules.

"Block" sets it apart from "Complete", and excludes earlier cards such as Q-Flash, Sulan, and Schoolroom.

"OTF" sets it apart from "Open", and excludes banned cards (which are already excluded in Block anyway) as well as certain strategies such as mission stealing and winning the game with 100 bonus points.
Right, Block is a set of cards, not a set of rules. Block Open is technically possible though I don't believe anyone has tried it.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Drop me from this tournament.

I have no desire to participate in this community any longer. Two of my players had their profiles deleted while I was away for the week. Presumably because they thought they were mine. They were not and it proved that neither Charlie or Lobban are capable to lead this community any farther when rediculous witch hunts become commonplace. When the people who do lob insults and personal attacks for years dont get the personal bans and those of us who raise legitimate criticisms, who legitimate problems with how things are handled, who have serious concerns about the operation of this website get the boot-then the final straw of watching his friends get the boot.

This website cares about new players? Bullshit.

As long as Charlie leads this community, as long as lobban gets to be his personal Vader and tournament directors like J eject players for bringing up those legitimate concerns our Playgroup will no longer participate in online play, writing articles, play testing, design, posting decklists to further the meta or anything else besides posting tournaments and the associated results.

- Kevin

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Several drops later, we're down to 9 participants.

Here are the pairings for round 2. Game time limit 2h30. Determine who goes first randomly.

* Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot) vs lotjx
* Jon Carter (pfti) vs Kris Sonsteby (LORE)
* John Paul Veazey (elveez) vs Edwin Latrell (Latrell)
* Ted Reebel (TReebel) vs Daniel Matteson (OKCoyote)
* Jeremy Huth (9of24) BYE

Results should be posted here or sent to me by PM. Please have your results in by Monday, Mar 16.

Good luck everyone. Get It Done! :-)

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]