For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
  • 121 posts

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
yeroentje wrote:Sorry to reboot an old post on here, but I must say the current STCCG 1E Card Maker is awesome. I just miss the options to create missions and ships. I really hope this will be picked up again. If I could program, I'd try it myself, but unfortunately I can't.

Well thanks for the card maker and I hope this can be brought back to life :thumbsup:
I should note that I've worked extensively in the MSE (posted WAAAAAAY back on the front page: http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/) to create templates for my own game so i'm pretty well versed in it now. If someone just has the graphical templates for the cards (basically the frames), I can create a ST2e plugin for the thing for both small print and large print versions.

Having worked with MSE, I generally find it to be far more user friendly.

By Navypiper
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Funny you should mention that, Nate. I have recently finished a Star Trek 2e Cardmaker with the Magic Set Editor program. Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/siddd ... taller.zip

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the installer to work, so you would have to just unzip the folder, install the fonts, copy and paste the folders into the data folder for Magic Set Editor and you'll be good to go.

A word of explanation on a couple of points, on the top left of the text area of the cards are 3 boxes. They are there for access to the 3 parts of the 2e text area (Top-Skills, Middle-Game Text, Bottom-Lore or quote) once you click on one, you can enter text in that area. When you are in an area, like Skills, and you wish to add a symbol, like [SD] , you must go to the drop-down menu at the top that says 'format', follow down to where it says 'insert symbol' and a whole raft of symbols are at your disposal. If you are not in an area that symbols are used, you will not be given that option. The Affiliations area in the Mission card is the same way. Everything else is fairly straightforward, so if you have any questions, please let me know. Everything works well on it. You just click on the area you want to add something to and type what you would like. To change such things as the affiliation, just right click on any area that shows as Faction at the bottom of the window and you can then choose which affiliation you want. The same is true for the icons to the left of the text area. To change to another type of card, click the 'Style' box above the card and choose from the styles available.

I have added a few affiliations that I have created for this. I have made the Andorian, Orion, Tellarite, Terran Empire (both ENT and TOS), and Tholian affiliations, and a Grey-scale one if you have a hankering for making ones for black and white movies.

I have also added a number of icons to the choices. They are for Dream cards, of course, so if you don't approve of anything other than the official stuff, simply don't use those icons or affiliations! Simple as that!!

At this point, I would like to acknowledge a few people:

R-Dawg from the forums both here and in Australia for producing the Stargate affiliations, the Babylon 5 affiliations (with the exception of the Rangers..that was my design), the Battlestar/seaQuest/Warehouse 13 affiliations. They are awesome, my friend!!;

I have used the Vulcan and Xindi affiliations that I found in one of the card groups. I don't know whose work they are, but I will not claim them as mine. Thank you very much, whomever you are.

The people on the Magic Set Editor forums who helped me through the process and lived through my incessant question-asking and blundering through the coding. I have learned so much from you guys that I can't even begin to describe.;

Timo! Thanks for being the inspiration for tackling this project in the first place.

Thank you all so much! :thumbsup: :cheersL: :cheersR:

Again I will state for the record. This program and the additions I have added are for Dream cards, of course, so if you don't approve of anything other than the official stuff, simply don't use those icons or affiliations! Simple as that!! The official stuff is there in its entirety.
Enjoy!!

I am starting on one for the 1st edition, so I might need your help on that, Nate, as it will be a HUGE undertaking!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Bah, auto-installers are for wusses. :wink:

Hmm... you think maybe * should be substituted with [SD] automatically?

Not bad (see attachment). I might tinker with it some, looks like the title needs to go a little lower, be auto bold & italics and the cost be auto italics. But the core is there and ready to go! Well done!

For one of mine, this is the code I ripped off somewhere else which combined the gametext & flavor into 1 general box subdivided that you could use up and down to switch.
Code: Select all
card field:
	type: text
	name: rule text
	script: text_filter(input: value, card_name: card.name)
	editable: false
	show statistics: false
card field:
	name: flavor text
	script: flavor_text_filter(value)
	editable: false
card field:
	name: text
	multi line: true
	save value: false
	script:
		if	card.combined_type != "Site" 
			then	combined_editor(field1: card.rule_text, separator: "<line>\n", field2: card.flavor_text)
		else	combined_editor(field1: card.rule_text)
	description: The rules and flavor text for the card; use up and down arrows to switch
I put that in the main game folder. Dunno exactly how your code is structured but in case you want to use it...
Attachments:
Argo.jpg
Argo.jpg (37.2 KiB) Viewed 6031 times

By Navypiper
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Anybody else get a chance to try out my cardmaker? I'd really like some feedback if possible. It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you learn the Magic Set Editor program (which is fairly easy to use) you should have no problem. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks in advance.

I am continuing to work on the 1e Cardmaker so I will let everyone know when that is working.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Navypiper wrote:Anybody else get a chance to try out my cardmaker? I'd really like some feedback if possible. It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you learn the Magic Set Editor program (which is fairly easy to use) you should have no problem. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks in advance.

I am continuing to work on the 1e Cardmaker so I will let everyone know when that is working.
I also did notice that it looks like the HQs are hard locked with bold on their game text, so if you want to make something like:
https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?mod ... ardID=3840
you'll find yourself running out of room.

I will admit getting giddy when I saw the other franchise properties listed in there. Now I can build a stargate on Ceti Alpha V for Khan. :wink:

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I've been trying to play with the 1E Cardmaker lately, and whenever I try to add an image to create a new card, I get the following error:
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
at _1e_cardmaker.frmMain.LoadPhotoFile()
I hope it's not a case of the program and Windows 10 64 bit not getting along.

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
EHCCGPP wrote:I've been trying to play with the 1E Cardmaker lately, and whenever I try to add an image to create a new card, I get the following error:
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
at _1e_cardmaker.frmMain.LoadPhotoFile()
I hope it's not a case of the program and Windows 10 64 bit not getting along.
That error should have something to do with reading the image data. Either an unrecognized format, corrupted image, too big of an image, or for some reason it doesn't have permission to access the image. Try different images or running as administrator. But there's also a good chance it's buggy with Windows 10.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
Timo wrote:Ok... it was harder than I though.... but I've actually done it!

I've only done a Single Card Beta Version using the regular resolution. It's based on my 2e-templates. There are several features I want but havn't added yet. However, you can make ANY card (with already used affils, icons, etc) just by clicking and entering text!!

(I'm actually really impressed by my own work... the text-splicing and GDI+ graphics coding is ridiculous.)

I've uploaded it to the Files section of the startrekccgdcs Yahoo! Group.

2ecardmaker-0-2-beta.zip
in
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/sta ... dcs/files/

It's a single EXE file. Not an installer. It uses the .Net framework.

The Fonts - I've just put them loose in the zip file for now. You'll probably need to installl them all. (Even if you've downloaded my stccg fonts before there are some new ones I've customized for this program)

So, check it out and make some cards!

Please return any feedback and bugs!
(Note: I'm worried aobut placement of bold game text on different computers. Check that out.)

I'm tired,
Tim
timl8l@yahoo.com
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/startrekccgdcs
How do I become member of this group? I'd really like to use this program.

By rommel
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Bump, me too! This thread seems to have mysteriously died a year ago. Is anyone still working on this tool?

By tlmirkes (Tim Mirkes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
bump bump!

And who's in charge of approving folks for the Yahoo group? I've submitted my request for membership, but I've gotten nothing but crickets for a month or so now...

By Navypiper
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I have not been able to get to working the creator again in over a year, as my wife passed away last summer and I have had a difficult time adjusting, or being able to focus enough to make any headway. My apologies to the people who are waiting for this. If you go to facebook and join the Star Trek CCG Dream Card page there is a link to what I have finished to date (Personnel, Ship, and Facility sections). As I complete more sections I will advise on that thread, and this one too.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I’m sorry to hear about your loss, Navypiper. Please accept my condolences.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Navypiper wrote:I have not been able to get to working the creator again in over a year, as my wife passed away last summer and I have had a difficult time adjusting, or being able to focus enough to make any headway. My apologies to the people who are waiting for this. If you go to facebook and join the Star Trek CCG Dream Card page there is a link to what I have finished to date (Personnel, Ship, and Facility sections). As I complete more sections I will advise on that thread, and this one too.
My deepest condolences on the loss of your wife.

Obviously real world stuff is way more important than nerd stuff. If you feel inclined to work on this, great! If other things need to take priority, that's completely understandable.

I wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

-Brian
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]