For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I was talking to a friend about 1st ed decks, and I came up with this wacky idea: a clone machine / George and Gracie deck. You clone up a bunch of whales, and make lots of bonus points. I thought the idea would just be silly (and fun, of course).

Anybody else has any ideas of silly decks they've seen or thought about and never actually tried to built?

I think 1st ed might be full of that kind of deck, but I guess 2nd is almost stupid-proof. Unless somebody can proove me wrong with an idea.
Last edited by stéphane on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Galathon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
When you have to choose a skill for your FC Borg Queen, choose barbering and all your drones gain barbering. Try to assimilate Mot as a Counterpart. Is always fun.

Koen
Last edited by Galathon on Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
stéphane wrote:I was talking to a friend about 1st ed decks, and I came up with this wacky idea: a clone machine / George and Gracie deck. You clone up a bunch of whales, and make lots of bonus points. I thought the idea would just be silly (and fun, of course).
Problem is that the whales are not cumulative, so yo udo not get a ton of points for having multiple copies. I do like the whales stratey. Back when they first came out, all my decks would save the whales just to reduce the differential by 15 points. Many games were lost 100 - 15 back then.
Last edited by whitestar29 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Try this: clone the whales, leave one on Earth for points and put one on each of your ships. Seed Edo Probe, Lack of Preparation, then Whale Probe beneath an opponent's space mission that you can solve. Attempt the mission with all of the required skills, plus the Whales. Pass all of the dilemmas with ease and score the points as long as your opponent dosn't have Fair Play out.
Last edited by whitestar29 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
stéphane wrote:how come the whale aren't cummulative?
the text simply says: "worth points while on earth".
Was there a ruling about this? or i am reading the card wrong?
In 1E, by default, cards are not cumulative, that is you can only one copy of a card can apply regardless of how many you have in play (with a few exceptions). For example if a card says "This artifact is worth 5 points from every Music personnel in play" it *would not* count multiple copies of the same personnel- even if that personnel is universal. Likewise if a personnel card says "this card is worth 15 points while in play" only one of those personnel will actually count toward your point total regardless of how many you have in play.

This is called the cumulative rule, and it is probably the most confusing concept in 1E.

In short, cloning the Whales probably would not score more than 15 points.

Also, how would you intend to override the restriction box of the Whales with Clone Machine?
Last edited by MilesStuntDouble on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

By sethbroox
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Dang, does that mean that my "Infinite Enterprise" deck just got blown apart? It uses [SF] Enterprise the 2E universal McDermott to gain a large number of gold stars. So even though Enterprise says "This ship is attributes +1 for each [SF] [Cmd] you have aboard it.", McDermott only counts as 1 [Cmd] no matter how many copies of him I play? The same would apply to the copies of Cloned unique [SF] personnel then too huh? Double Drat!

Here was the wacky deck. Use Conundrum to get opponent to attack you at Home. Bring out every [SF] [Cmd] you can with enough copies of McDermott to boost Enterprise above 48 weapons, then blow up some Borg Ship dilemmas.

...but it sounds like this one is out of the running too, so back to the drawing board!
Last edited by sethbroox on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Once upon a time... there was a deck with just 1 personnel.

I helped to create it, a friend played it at a tournament and played against an ambassador with a very high rating at that time.

Okay, here is how the game went: :cross:

The Ambassador played a lot of personnel and soon attemped missions. My friend just took Lore out of the tent. Crosis and it´s rouge borg started to attack!. Did it win? Yes. 0 to -10. All the minus bonus points dilemmas brought the opponent under zero ;)

"It´s not funny" was the only comment of the beaten top player ;)
Last edited by Mr.Sloan on Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I once tooled around with a deck that had no personnel- just Parallax Arguers, Anti-Time Anomaly, and Rishon Uxbridge I believe (maybe a few others). Unfortunately, Persistence of Memory and Writ of Accountability scrapped that one.
Last edited by MontgomeryScott on Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
MontgomeryScott wrote:I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I once tooled around with a deck that had no personnel- just Parallax Arguers, Anti-Time Anomaly, and Rishon Uxbridge I believe (maybe a few others). Unfortunately, Persistence of Memory and Writ of Accountability scrapped that one.
Not to mention Intermix Ratio. If you cannot score 50 mission points, you cannot win.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]