Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By bortz65
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
[Int] The Enemy of My Enemy
When your [Car] personnel is attempting a mission, discard the top three cards of your deck to make that personnel gain all skills, attributes, and keywords on a personnel in your discard pile until the end of the mission attempt.
"Who would have thought that the two of us would be fighting side by side?"
44 V 1

https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?mod ... ardID=4177

Positives: A Personnel attempting a Mission could gain all Skills, Attributes and Keywords on a Personnel in the Discard Pile. All the things gained last until the end of Mission Attempt. Works on ANY Personnel in the Discard Pile.

Negatives: Activation requires the discard of the top three cards of the Player's deck. There has to be a Personnel in the Discard Pile.

Thoughts: Who needs Comfort Women when The Enemy of My Enemy is around?

It's not clear whether this will blow Comfort Woman out of the game or not, but both could be included since it's always nice to have a similar backup if one gets discarded from some Cardassian discarding mechanic. The discarding of the top three cards could even be an advantage if one of the cards discarded has better Skills/Attributes than a Personnel already in the discard Pile. The Player could even play The Enemy of My Enemy and give some Personnel Gul or Legate (if one is in the Discard Pile) then play Comfort Women and pump up the Attributes even more.

It's always good to get some help for the Cardassians, but the Romulans and Ferengi probably need this sort of help more than the Cardassians. It's an 8 of my 10.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
Here’s something interesting combo with two of the cards you mention...
With The Enemy of My Enemy you get the keyword of the personnel in the discard pile.
Then if you choose a Gul or Legate and the recipient of the keyword is not a Gul or Legate you can also give them the attribute bonus from Comfort Women.

By bortz65
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Jono wrote:Here’s something interesting combo with two of the cards you mention...
With The Enemy of My Enemy you get the keyword of the personnel in the discard pile.
Then if you choose a Gul or Legate and the recipient of the keyword is not a Gul or Legate you can also give them the attribute bonus from Comfort Women.
Ummm. . . This makes me feel like I'm not writing clearly enough, cause I did mention that.

By MrCub21 (Casey Wickum)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
It's a heavily souped of version of the Promise, It's when attempting a mission, so you don't need to be facing a dilemma to pop off on it. It targets anyone in the pile rather than just a [Car] . Thankfully it doesn't last till the end of the turn. I feel like giving the card the ability to target anyone is going to be the archetype of some cheesy deck out there. All it takes is throwing a Lore in the discard pile and you can do some stupid micro teaming.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Even crazier is that there is really low cultural restriction on this card. You simply only need 1 [Car] personnel and 2-3x this in your deck to ~guarantee a free mission solve.

Tain + 2x TEoME + discarded Barclay = free Escape Gulag solve seems obvious

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm a fan of the Hail Mary pitch the top 3 cards hoping to catch the skill you need (cause that seems like fun).

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
bortz65 wrote:
It's always good to get some help for the Cardassians, but the Romulans and Ferengi probably need this sort of help more than the Cardassians.
Whu...... Romulans ran wild for years and Ferengi won Worlds. When was the last time Cardys had a run at the top?

Only HoF made them great again. Speaking of which, Mila 2019. Grandma had a great career. Time to retire.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
prylardurden wrote:I'm a fan of the Hail Mary pitch the top 3 cards hoping to catch the skill you need (cause that seems like fun).
Actually, when I hear the goofy scenarios, like SuperReg and One, put in a Cardassian deck for mission solves I think "that's something Josh would do."

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
KillerB wrote:
bortz65 wrote:
It's always good to get some help for the Cardassians, but the Romulans and Ferengi probably need this sort of help more than the Cardassians.
Whu...... Romulans ran wild for years and Ferengi won Worlds. When was the last time Cardys had a run at the top?

HoF made them great again. Speaking of which, Mila 2019. Grandma had a great career. Time to retire.
Didn't you win Not Broken Worlds with Cardassians in 2010?

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
KillerB wrote:
nobthehobbit wrote:
Like when the Patriots cheated my Eagles out of a SuperBowl...

We got our ring now, it's all good.
Well, in fairness, you won Not Broken Worlds in 2010, and Tobias won Correct Decklist Worlds in 2017.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
nobthehobbit wrote:
KillerB wrote:
nobthehobbit wrote:
Like when the Patriots cheated my Eagles out of a SuperBowl...

We got our ring now, it's all good.
Well, in fairness, you won Not Broken Worlds in 2010, and Tobias won Correct Decklist Worlds in 2017.
Let's not go there. I remember finishing second at real Correct Decklist Worlds in 2000 where even the smallest Decklist error got you disqualified. I remember Brad DeFruiter getting off to something like a 3-0 start and getting DQ'd on a deck check for being off by one tactic in his battle bridge side deck.

Ask Sean O'Reilly about that. He was the executioner that day.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
nobthehobbit wrote:
Nope. The LAWBOOK says it's a warning now. When I caught it, I retroactively gave myself a [Pa] game warning against Lucas. If Lucas wants, he can go back in time and catch me in another procedure error and then I'd get a turn loss. Then I would have to go back in time and take another turn.

TEMPORAL. [Pa] Lucas is now going for his 3rd mission w/ no dilemma under it...

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]