For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By MarkB82 (Mark Bedwell)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
So its been a while since I've been thinking about playing, so what are the options these days for federation decks using the Enterprise - E that don't revolve around [NA] or treaty cards? Is it still a very isolated deck in terms of federation support? Are they still that popular?

Does anyone have any suggestions on free play engines that won't restrict you to just first contact Feds?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
MarkB82 wrote:So its been a while since I've been thinking about playing, so what are the options these days for federation decks using the Enterprise - E that don't revolve around [NA] or treaty cards? Is it still a very isolated deck in terms of federation support? Are they still that popular?

Does anyone have any suggestions on free play engines that won't restrict you to just first contact Feds?
That is tough one because while the Enterprise-E subfaction has some nice skills, but they do need some support from [NA] and/or treaties with other affiliations. If you are willing to forgo Federation Flagship: Relaunched then you can splash in DS9, movie era, etc Feds. But if you stick with FF:R then they will need some help. I have seen people post decks with the E-E and Bajoran Resistance, and I have splashed them with NA Borg and Maquis, and others have used the Baku, Son'a, and Orions.

In terms of popularity, I think the Enterprise-E is still a fairly strong Federation subfaction but from what I have been reading on the 1E Forums lately it seems the [22] are all the craze at the moment. There was some talk a few years ago about errata to FF:R to allow TNG movie logo people to play, but that talk has died down.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Kevin Jaeger routinely kicks everyone's butts with a EE / [22] [Kli] speed solver. Look it up: 8 Kinds of Smoke.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote:
MarkB82 wrote:So its been a while since I've been thinking about playing, so what are the options these days for federation decks using the Enterprise - E that don't revolve around [NA] or treaty cards? Is it still a very isolated deck in terms of federation support? Are they still that popular?

That is tough one because while the Enterprise-E subfaction has some nice skills, but they do need some support from [NA] and/or treaties with other affiliations. If you are willing to forgo Federation Flagship: Relaunched then you can splash in DS9, movie era, etc Feds. But if you stick with FF:R then they will need some help. I have seen people post decks with the E-E and Bajoran Resistance, and I have splashed them with NA Borg and Maquis, and others have used the Baku, Son'a, and Orions.

In terms of popularity, I think the Enterprise-E is still a fairly strong Federation subfaction but from what I have been reading on the 1E Forums lately it seems the [22] are all the craze at the moment. There was some talk a few years ago about errata to FF:R to allow TNG movie logo people to play, but that talk has died down.
I was running a rouge borg and E-E deck (with some DS9 borg in) a while back and tbh, I didn't really understand why it using that play engine was fine along with the FF:R, but using something like the next gen or DS9 wasn't. I don't really like how these play engines go out of play simply for not using a few cards from a different show/film.

So basically nothings changed since I was last here :(

What play engines exist that won't restrict you so much on your card pool? the only real one I can think is for admirals.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
MarkB82 wrote:
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote:

I was running a rouge borg and E-E deck (with some DS9 borg in) a while back and tbh, I didn't really understand why it using that play engine was fine along with the FF:R, but using something like the next gen or DS9 wasn't. I don't really like how these play engines go out of play simply for not using a few cards from a different show/film.

What play engines exist that won't restrict you so much on your card pool? the only real one I can think is for admirals.
BCSWowbagger wrote:Kevin Jaeger routinely kicks everyone's butts with a EE / [22] [Kli] speed solver. Look it up: 8 Kinds of Smoke.
I'll check that out.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
MarkB82 wrote:
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote:

Try the new Cadets - it also has a seeded ship. That can stack with Office of The President and neither are property-logo restrictive.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
There are restrictions on them because then you could seed a ton of play engines and then report a bunch of personnel for free. "Report salad" is what it's called. It just spews out personnel per turn, basically clearing your hand. So the CC has restricted this by making property logos or special logos a thing. Sure, you can't spew out DS9, Voy, TNG, & EE personnel, but imagine if you could? Remem, the Federation has A LOT of strong personnel in general, most uniques are 4+ skill dots/downloads. So they had to put a restriction on them.

It also does make sense, I mean you rarely ever saw TNG working with DS9 (like 4 episodes) and you rarely saw DS9 work with VOY (like 2 episodes) and it would make no sense for TOS to work with any of them outside of Tribbles episode (which they made those characters especially for that crossover). Heck, even TOS & TMP rarely would make sense to work together. Then mash that all up with their HQ? So they separated them with different play engines. Sure you can still mix them up if you want, but you're going to be really restricted on free reports.

So to answer your question specifically about EE Feds, you either mix them with NA or Treaties (Bajorans still work really well with BRC) or you mix them with other Feds, but then don't get twenty gazillion report engines. BTW, you can play FF:R for the EE download and then let it get discarded once you start playing whatever toons you want, if you just want to get THAT ship out first thing.

~D

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I think it's a little heavy handed tbh, the engine going out of play seems a little over the top, I think cards not being able to use the play engine is enough of a restriction. It's a little odd when you consider matching commanders for ships in the set actually place the engine out of play (while The ships wouldn. place play engines out of play that can be used by those commanders).

But yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking of doing with ff:r, use the cadets and office for a free plays and try out the genetically enhanced download in the same set as the cadets
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]