A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 280 posts

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
vlasopes wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:What's this I'm hearing about cheating at the San Diego regional?
What happened? Have not heard about it yet.
It's all over the c artificery discord but they are just using first names.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Czech National Champion 2011
Hoss-Drone wrote:
vlasopes wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:What's this I'm hearing about cheating at the San Diego regional?
What happened? Have not heard about it yet.
It's all over the c artificery discord but they are just using first names.
I have just seen the stream video. Did anyone of you guys play against him? The way he was shuffling was the very first mark of his intentions. So stupid of him being caught by the camera. I, for one, would not only DQ him at that event but also restrict him from participating at ALL regionals/continentals/SC/Worlds for the rest of the year.

Speaking of stocking cards, there was one german player very well known for doing exactly the same thing. Against him, we did always cut his deck multiple times.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Fyi: I've started a you tube channel for destiny and trek content. Mostly destiny though. Search hossdrone jaegerbomb gaming. Then please subscribe.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Cat Cedar from the former Santa Barbara Star Trek playgroup was the guy.

After messaging him on Facebook, Cat denies it, but I think the video is pretty telling. It affected one of my local guys who was at the venue and would have made top 8.

From what all the local people tell me, he's been all but kicked out of the play groups in the area and kind of forced into some kind of retirement.

TK
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote:Nope has changed Destiny for me. Absolutely destroys Vader and Han Qira in my testing. Next is testing against mill. In all likelihood this is my regional deck: http://swdestinydb.com/decklist/view/26 ... utof66-1.0
Bro its 2019. Get a snipit or a screen shot and post it. We don't do links anymore.

TK
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
bosskamiura wrote:
Fritzinger wrote:Nope has changed Destiny for me. Absolutely destroys Vader and Han Qira in my testing. Next is testing against mill. In all likelihood this is my regional deck: http://swdestinydb.com/decklist/view/26 ... utof66-1.0
Bro its 2019. Get a snipit or a screen shot and post it. We don't do links anymore.

TK
LOL. You can have a screenshot when PhpBB leaves Internet 1.0.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Man, Convergence definitely seems pretty wonkers with strength. Awakenings meta out and in comes Convergence. I'm still hoping for a new Sabine though :(

~D

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Guys, I have heard some rumors regarding the end of the game. The last block should be the last. Has anyone heard anything regarding the issue?
And in general, what are your thoughts on the future of the game. Several players in my meta have voiced their concerns and that they won't be buying anything but singles from the upcoming set.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
vlasopes wrote:Guys, I have heard some rumors regarding the end of the game. The last block should be the last. Has anyone heard anything regarding the issue?
Source? FFG just announced new OP plans for Destiny, seems weird that they would change that with only a year left.
Edit: Hyperloops discord reckons this is fake news. Although they also said all of FFGs cancellations are surprise announcements.
And in general, what are your thoughts on the future of the game. Several players in my meta have voiced their concerns and that they won't be buying anything but singles from the upcoming set.
I think it's a fantastic game that (weirdly) no-one plays. Perhaps they are less easily able to get over the mountain of dice storage that is needed.

At the same time I think buying any CCG as anything other than singles is a horrendous waste of money so I would be horrified if they changed things such that I needed every single card in order to play.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah, early on I wanted complete sets (2 of everything) b/c it was new and didn't know what to play. Then I went to one color. Now I'm just a one deck guy. Sabine with whatever I can do.

Since she rotates out, I might try Enfys Nest for a bit, but typically anymore I buy a box or two (cuz usually there's a handful of Legendaries you want) and just trade for what I need/want. It's fun opening packs and you typically get enough early on to sell in the market and make your money back plus keep what you got.

~D

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I have been saying for a year or so that what kills this game is the concept of Legendaries and their distribution among the boxes. And because of that I won't be buying anything. Same as some of my local players. The problem is the rotation now since it limits the pool. I, for one, have been thinking about quiting the game.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
I think at this point, only MTG can get away with rotation because it's become a cultural thing for the game at this point. It's been around for years with people barely starting to pick the game up now and already accepting it as a thing.

Not sure if I'm making sense here.

TK
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
bosskamiura wrote:I think at this point, only MTG can get away with rotation because it's become a cultural thing for the game at this point. It's been around for years with people barely starting to pick the game up now and already accepting it as a thing.

Not sure if I'm making sense here.

TK
Pokemon has been rocking rotation as well for years. It's pretty much the only way to survive churn, because LGSs aren't going to stock your entire back catalog in perpetuity. (And expecting new players to know which pieces of the back catalog are required for competitive play is even less likely.)

But even Magic is getting some pushback - mainly in longer-term formats like Modern becoming more popular because it slows the treadmill down slightly. My sense is that they're just leaning into draft in response, which makes sense because no-one buys Magic packs to open them anymore.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]