This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Greetings, and welcome to the official start of Will of the Collective VI: Return of the Collective. In this collaborative, community driven process, we will be working together to create both a new planet mission and a new personnel. I will be hosting this process throughout, with some assistance from members of our Art and Creative teams along the way. And while there will be some curation of ideas and steps, all of the key decisions will be made by popular vote. With that being said, let's get this going!

Over the past two weeks there was a preliminary vote to determine if we would be making a single mission, or both a mission and a personnel from a "23rd century" story. The latter option won with 64% of the vote, so we will be creating a mission and a personnel, but with restrictions laid upon some of the choices. Today's step is the first in the process, choosing the planet location for the mission we're going to make. However, let's go over the restrictions before officially opening the nominations:

1) The mission must be able to logically fit the phrase "23rd century" in its lore.
There are a lot of ways that this phrase can fit into a mission's lore, so it isn't as onerous of a restriction as it might seem. The mission doesn't need to be from an original Star Trek episode or movie, as long as the "23rd century" reference is something that can fit naturally. Some examples from the missions in Project Delenn:
Search for evidence of cultural interference from stranded 23rd century crew.
Search for debris from {REDACTED}, destroyed in the 23rd century.
Study after effect from 23rd century comet.
2) The mission must exist as a planet in the TNG/DS9/Voyager era.
Almost all of the missions in First Edition are framed from the mid-to-late 24th century point of view, i.e. the TNG/DS9/Voyager era. Thus, the mission chosen here must still exist as a planet in that timeframe. This does not mean the planet needs to be in the same condition as it was in the 23rd century, however. An example of this would be Ceti Alpha V - a barren, desert wasteland in the 24th century, but a survivable world in Kirk's time.

An example of a planet that wouldn't qualify would be Sarpedion from "All Our Yesterdays." The planet was destroyed by a supernova in the 23rd century, so in the 24th, it would be a space mission and thus not qualify. (We could make a [P] time location, but that's outside the scope of this project.)

3) The mission must not be an affiliation's homeworld.
This is just for rules and logistical simplicity; 23rd century versions of Earth, Vulcan, Romulus, Qo'noS, or any other homeworld are off the table.

4) The mission must not be on the list of missions in development.
Here's the list of current missions in development for Project Delenn, Project G'Kar, or Project Londo:
  • Amerind
  • Babel
  • Ceti Alpha V
  • Ekos*
  • Eminiar VII
  • Gamma Hydra IV
  • Janus VI
  • Memory Alpha
  • Mudd
  • Omicron Ceti III
  • Planet 892-IV
  • Sigma Iotia II
  • Talos IV
* The Department of First Edition has made a decision not to create any cards that represent Nazi content; as such, this mission is prohibited even though it is not in development.

Note: Links to the source episodes for these planets can be found in the master WotC6 article.

Okay, with those restrictions in place, it's time to start Will of the Collective VI and pick which planet mission we're going to make! To get us started, we need your nominations! Please post a reply in this thread up to two (2) planets or planet-like locations that you'd like to see get turned into a mission. Please read over and note the restrictions outlined above. Nominations that do not meet all the requirements will not be advanced to the voting step.

Nominatios are open through 9 PM Pacific time on Wednesday, January 23rd. Shortly after that, I will go through and curate the nominations to provide a list of up to fifteen (15) choices, and voting will begin on Thursday. I'll start with the most popular nominations, but the final list will be curated. One factor for you to think about is that we're also making a personnel that names in his or her lore this mission, so missions that provide multiple options for such personnel will have better odds. Of course, I'll only curate the list if I have to.

So, in summary:

- You may nominate up to two (2) missions by replying to this thread.
- Missions must meet all of the criteria outlined above (planet, non-homeworld, "23rd century," not already in development).
- From the list of nominations, a maximum of fifteen (15) options will be offered for a vote.

Have fun!

-crp

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote: 1) The mission must be able to logically fit the phrase "23rd century" in its lore.
From the spoiler text you posted, this seems to no longer be a requirement for the "native" support card. I'm curious why this text must be included in the lore, then?

Regardless, I formally nominate Exo III ("What Are Little Girls Made Of?"), in the hopes of making Andrea.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Exo_III
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
frakkingoff wrote:
MidnightLich wrote: 1) The mission must be able to logically fit the phrase "23rd century" in its lore.
From the spoiler text you posted, this seems to no longer be a requirement for the "native" support card. I'm curious why this text must be included in the lore, then?

Regardless, I formally nominate Exo III ("What Are Little Girls Made Of?"), in the hopes of making Andrea.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Exo_III
There are numerous other cards in Project Delenn that would make including "23rd century" a big benefit. And the most likely spot for the finished products to appear are either in Project G'Kar or Project Londo, so this restriction is keeping it on theme.

-crp

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Orbin wrote:My nominations:
Sigma Draconis VI (Spock's Brain)
Miri's planet (Miri)
Apparently the scripts referred to Miri's planet as Earth Two, which I also nominate.

Also, I nominate Delta Vega, from "Where No Man Has Gone Before".
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Obviously we should start at the beginning, with Aaamazzara.

(From The Motion Picture).

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Kaiser wrote:Didn't double check if it is actually eligible but:

Gothos (The Squire of Gothos)

This

I always said that Trelane was a child Q. I believe there were books that made that connection

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:Obviously we should start at the beginning, with Aaamazzara.

(From The Motion Picture).
Is that eligible? Strikes me as more [CF] than [OS]

Does that matter?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Worth remembering that the plan is to make a personnel native to the mission.

Which would be tricky with the Aamazzarites, given the dearth of good images we have of them.

If we make Trelane, he's going to have to have CUNNING Q. :twocents:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]