This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which character should we turn into a personnel?

Abraham Lincoln
33%
Captain Riker
10%
Colonel Green
No votes
0%
Dickerson
4%
Genghis Khan
No votes
0%
Kahless
4%
Quark
4%
Spock
No votes
0%
Surak
6%
Yamek
35%
Zora
4%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Welcome to step 5 of Will of the Collective VI! In the previous step, you nominated several characters that you'd like to see made, all of whom would contain "Excalbia" in their lore. Now it's time to pick one of those characters to make! We'll then run that character through several nomination steps and votes to end up with a finished personnel card!

With that being said, your job now is to vote on the character you'd like to make. This poll will be up through Thursday, February 7th, giving you a full forty-eight (48) hours to cast your votes. Each of you will be able to vote for a single character, and you can change your vote at any time until the poll closes.

Because of the small range of choice, there will not be a runoff vote for this step unless the top two choices are tied. In that case, a single day runoff will happen; if that vote ends in a tie, a winner will be randomly determined.

Here is a little bit of information about each of the characters:
From "The Savage Curtain":

Abraham Lincoln: Recreation of the 16th President of the United States. Fought on "Team Good" with Kirk, Spock, and Surak.

Colonel Green: Recreation of the 21st century leader during and after World War III. Fought on "Team Evil" with Kahless, Genghis Khan, and Zora.

Dickerson: Lieutenant aboard the Enterprise; served as the leader of an honor guard that greeted Lincoln.

Genghis Khan: Excalbian recreation of the 11th century Mongolian ruler on Earth. Fought on "Team Evil."

Kahless: Recreation of the mythological Klingon Kahless the Unforgettable. Fought on "Team Evil."

Spock: Main character; in this episode, he was "smitted" with Surak and fought on "Team Good."

Surak: Excalbian recreation of the Vulcan patron Surak, father of logic. Was on "Team Good" with Lincoln, Kirk, and Spock.

Yarnek: Excalbian native who staged a battle of Good vs Evil, to better understand the concept.

Zora: Tiburonian female who conducted chemical experiments. Was on "Team Evil."
From other sources:
Captain Riker: From "Future Imperfect," he was identified as being part of the "Excalbian campaign."

Quark: Because Quark, of course.
In the mean time, after you've voted, head over to the mission vote to decide how many points Excalbia will be worth!

Happy voting!

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
So we can't change our minds once we vote on this one eh? So much for the power of persuasion... :?
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Armus wrote:So we can't change our minds once we vote on this one eh? So much for the power of persuasion... :?
Oops; that was a mistake. I've corrected it, you should be able to change your vote now.

-crp

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I voted for our giant space president, but I'm torn between him and the Unforgettable.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
commdecker wrote:I'm with Yamek. I hear he makes a good sauce ...
That's Yamok. And he makes a lot of it.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm really torn here. I want to vote for someone directly from the episode; so many great options.
BUT: I think I might have to vote Riker. He's the only possible one-off character without really stretching. And picking him leaves room for a future design team on a "full expansion" to be able to play with the whole team. As much as I want Honest Abe or Kahless I would hate for them to, a year or two from now, only sort-of fit with the new team released in a TOS set or boutique set...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote:I'm really torn here. I want to vote for someone directly from the episode; so many great options.
BUT: I think I might have to vote Riker. He's the only possible one-off character without really stretching. And picking him leaves room for a future design team on a "full expansion" to be able to play with the whole team. As much as I want Honest Abe or Kahless I would hate for them to, a year or two from now, only sort-of fit with the new team released in a TOS set or boutique set...
Is "Participated in the Excalbian Campaign" really any MORE of a stretch than Quark's "I've always wanted to visit Excalbia"?

That's about a push to me... :shrug:

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:Is "Participated in the Excalbian Campaign" really any MORE of a stretch than Quark's "I've always wanted to visit Excalbia"?

I think participating in a campaign implies he was there or close versus just thinking it'd be a neat place to go. :)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote:
Armus wrote:Is "Participated in the Excalbian Campaign" really any MORE of a stretch than Quark's "I've always wanted to visit Excalbia"?

I think participating in a campaign implies he was there or close versus just thinking it'd be a neat place to go. :)
Maybe but it's a techno babble throwaway line. Not a ton of canon to work with.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Is "Participated in the Excalbian Campaign" really any MORE of a stretch than Quark's "I've always wanted to visit Excalbia"?
Hang on - Quark made the cut?

hurriedly changes vote to Quark

I'd actually call Riker slightly more of a stretch, since he never actually did the Campaign - that's just part of the BS history AlienSon threw together. Whereas there's no on-screen evidence that Quark *didn't* want to visit Excalbia. ;)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
*glances at bookshelf*

*sees Team of Rivals, The Civil War: A Narrative, heavily dogeared Lincoln: Selected Speeches and Writings, The Civil War as Theological Crisis, Lincoln's Sword, and Lincoln and Chief Justice Taney -- all great books you should read 'em*

*fondly remembers the dilemma in Delenn we wanted Abe Lincoln to fit with*

*fondly remembers arguing that Lincoln, given the 1861 July 4th Address to Congress and the Lincoln-Douglas debates, deserves Law x3*

I'm voting for Quark.

Oh, no wait.

With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, and elect Abraham Lincoln president of WotC6.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]