Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I can pretty much arrive any time on Friday if need be. Can Tribbles Continentals be Friday night? Perhaps at a restaurant or other venue if we can't get space at the JW.

Speaking of which, does anyone want to split a room at the JW? PM me if interested.
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote:I can pretty much arrive any time on Friday if need be. Can Tribbles Continentals be Friday night? Perhaps at a restaurant or other venue if we can't get space at the JW.

Speaking of which, does anyone want to split a room at the JW? PM me if interested.
I have already secured event space from 8am - 11pm Friday through Sunday. So, as far as space goes Friday is no issue.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
Marquetry wrote:Are the fees right or just placeholders? Seems a bit high for that amount for both day 1 & 2
Thanks for the question, Amber.

The fee is higher than I'd like. However, I am having to pay for the event space out of my own pocket, and it's a per day charge that's not cheap. To be transparent: our normal venue - which would have been much cheaper - could not accommodate Continentals this year and this was unexpected. So, I needed to secure a space that would allow us as much room and freedom as we needed - so I chose a hotel conference room.

I chose the JW Marriott because I thought the location would be both convenient for travelers and yet still offer options for families or for those who may want to take a little break. It's a 16 minute MARTA train ride or a 20 minute drive to the Fox Theater. It's similarly convenient to all of Atlanta's in-town attractions like the World of Coca-Cola, CNN, The Georgia Aquarium, etc. And, it's centrally located in Buckhead, which is one of Atlanta's main entertainment, shopping, and nightlife districts.

Unfortunately, that kind of convenience and location doesn't come cheap. And, I'm a graduate research assistant with Georgia State University so I don't make tons of money - not enough to foot 100% of the cost myself. All fees will go to offset that cost. If more people register and I can lower the fees, I certainly shall - I'm not looking to profit of the venture, and I won't at y'alls' expense I can assure you.

I should also say, if anyone is interesting in making a generous donation, get in touch with me. :wink: :cross: :cheersL:
Last edited by The Prefect on Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
jadziadax8 wrote:I can pretty much arrive any time on Friday if need be. Can Tribbles Continentals be Friday night? Perhaps at a restaurant or other venue if we can't get space at the JW.

Tribbles Friday would be a good ice breaker for the group. Good idea, Mags.

I'm definitely hoping to make it down there for Continentals this year, and am happy to sub-in / assist with tournament director duties as needed. It sure would be cool if we all could play (Michael & Ryan included) in the biggest event on North American soil in 2019. If that means we do a T.D. by committee approach, I'd be in favor of that. :cross:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
LORE wrote:

Tribbles Friday would be a good ice breaker for the group. Good idea, Mags.

I'm definitely hoping to make it down there for Continentals this year, and am happy to sub-in / assist with tournament director duties as needed. It sure would be cool if we all could play (Michael & Ryan included) in the biggest event on North American soil in 2019. If that means we do a T.D. by committee approach, I'd be in favor of that. :cross:
Thanks for the offer of help. I'll happily accept it. If you finalize your travel plans let me know.

Regarding Tribbles - I am certainly in favor of having it on Friday night. If enough people can make it into Atlanta Friday - I'll schedule it then.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
Hey folks …

For those of you travelling or thinking of travelling - especially for those of you already registered:

Instead of paying multiple tournament fees throughout the course of the event, would you all rather just pay one flat fee prior to the event that would cover your participation in all events?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]