Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
It's a new Regional season, and it's time for a new predictions competition. Unlike last year, we're guessing who will be the Most Improved player by rating after the Regional. Just like previous years, the winner will get an Ambassador Foil, guesses need to be made before the day of the event, and non-Regional events during Regional season will be used as a tiebreaker.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10876
Oregon Regional: Salem, OR
Last Year's Attendance: N/A
Last Year's Winner: N/A
Preregistered This Year: Michael Van Breemen (1973), Amber Van Breemen (1743), Charlie Plaine (1515)
My Prediction: Amber can definitely beat Michael, as she did at on day 2 of the last World Championships. However, despite the 1515 rating, Charlie's got a very reasonable 40% win rate against MVB, so he's my pick.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
No way Charlie goes winless in his own back yard and it only takes one win against the VBs to cash in a big ratings gain. I'll take the former chairman and the upside he brings to the table.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Maelwys wrote:Going into the event with a stellar 1455 rating, I'll pick myself for most improved.
I like the strategy of not preregistering so that no one else picks you.

Wait, the Lobbans and the Van Breemens? Please be a Marx Brothers sliding door comedy!
:cross:

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Faithful Reader wrote:
Maelwys wrote:Going into the event with a stellar 1455 rating, I'll pick myself for most improved.
I like the strategy of not preregistering so that no one else picks you.

Wait, the Lobbans and the Van Breemens? Please be a Marx Brothers sliding door comedy!
:cross:
The name of the location might've been a hint to expect me to show up... it's on my kitchen table, after all. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Chris gets my vote.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Congrats to Ken Tufts for going 3-0, beating both Van Breemens along the way, and cashing in a big +43 rating gain.

Also shout out to Chris Lobban for going 2-1 and netting himself a +33 ratings gain - the only other player besides Ken to finish in plus territory.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:Congrats to Ken Tufts for going 3-0, beating both Van Breemens along the way, and cashing in a big +43 rating gain.

Also shout out to Chris Lobban for going 2-1 and netting himself a +33 ratings gain - the only other player besides Ken to finish in plus territory.
Yep, I got close!
And Charlie says thanks for your comment that he couldn't possibly go winless... ;-)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation