Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
It's a new Regional season, and it's time for a new predictions competition. Unlike last year, we're guessing who will be the Most Improved player by rating after the Regional. Just like previous years, the winner will get an Ambassador Foil, guesses need to be made before the day of the event, and non-Regional events during Regional season will be used as a tiebreaker.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10934
Michigan Regional: Ypsilanti, MI
Last Year's Attendance: N/A
Last Year's Winner: N/A
Preregistered This Year: Jon Carter (1723), John Paul Veasey (1606), Andrew (1419), Ross Fertel (1383)
My Prediction: Carter may be known as a 1e guy, but he's certainly no slouch in 2e. I'm also tempted by the El Veez, but with that 1383 rating, I'm thinking Ross Fertel is "nothing but upside" as Armus would put it.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10866
Koblenz Regional: Koblenz, Germany
Last Year's Attendance: 5 Players
Last Year's Winner: Benjamin Liebich
Preregistered This Year: Svenja Welden (1650), Tjark Ott (1644), Florian Ott (1633), Johannes Mette (1612), Benjamin Liebich (1599)
My Prediction: That's just a 51 point ratings difference between the competitors here - we're basically picking the winner, and good luck with that. I'm gonna go "chalk" and pick Svenja Welden myself.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10896
London Regional: London, United Kingdom
Last Year's Attendance: 4 Players
Last Year's Winner: William Hoskin
Preregistered This Year: William Hoskin (1690), Nicholas Yankovec (1689), Daniel Giddings (1599)
My Prediction: This is another very tight group, any one of them could walk away the winner. My guess here is that William Hoskin keeps his ratings lead and his title... this time.

Also, big thanks to Brian "Armus" Sykes for doing the math and wrapping up the previous threads. I know I'm going to appreciate it even more in a few months when I go back and figure out who won!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Michigan: Veez pulled a couple of moves at Manassters so if anyone has the potential to pull the upset on Carter, it's him.

Koblenz: Big Ben tripped on his own dick at the last event and lost a bunch of ratings points. No way that happens twice in a row and as the lowest rated player registered (albeit in a narrow field) he's got that touch of upside that I like.

London: Nick vs. Will is always a coin toss. I was thinking about picking Danny but in a 3 man field the winner will most likely get the biggest gain. *Tosses Coin* ... Nick!

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Michigan: Ross
Koblenz: Ben
London: (insider knowledge) Thorsten

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
Michigan: Ross
Koblenz: Tjark
London: (insider knowledge) Sandra

Sandra played phenomenally well in the last tournament, beating Will, Johannes, and Benjamin, and finishing on the same points as me. She's my pick.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
In London, Nick Yankovec proved he is a Khan Savant, going 3-1 to win the London Regional.

However, despite losing to Nick, Sandra Wanek went 1-1-2 (that's right, TWO True Ties) which was good enough to give her a +37 Rating boost on the day, beating Nick's +12.

In yesterday's action, Ben Liebich did in fact pick himself up and dust himself off to go 3-0 and carry the day with a +52 Ratings gain.

Meanwhile in Michigan, Jon Carter went 3-0 to win the tournament. He only got +20 Ratings points, but it was enough, as the rest of the field beat each other up.

Congrats to Ben, Sandra, and Jon for being the winning answers this week, and congrats to Nick on the win, despite not being a winning answer this week. :cheersL:

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
Armus wrote:In London, Nick Yankovec proved he is a Khan Savant, going 3-1 to win the London Regional.

However, despite losing to Nick, Sandra Wanek went 1-1-2 (that's right, TWO True Ties) which was good enough to give her a +37 Rating boost on the day, beating Nick's +12.

In yesterday's action, Ben Liebich did in fact pick himself up and dust himself off to go 3-0 and carry the day with a +52 Ratings gain.

Meanwhile in Michigan, Jon Carter went 3-0 to win the tournament. He only got +20 Ratings points, but it was enough, as the rest of the field beat each other up.

Congrats to Ben, Sandra, and Jon for being the winning answers this week, and congrats to Nick on the win, despite not being a winning answer this week. :cheersL:
But I did pick Sandra, so a double London win for me! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
nickyank wrote:
Armus wrote:In London, Nick Yankovec proved he is a Khan Savant, going 3-1 to win the London Regional.

But I did pick Sandra, so a double London win for me! :cheersL:
Yeah Nick, you drew the nuts this weekend. Way to thread that needle!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation