Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:So ~1/3 of the goal of this card was for more skill gaining and some prevent and overcome effects?
I think its time to just let it go man.

TK

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
GooeyChewie wrote:
The lack of access to non-aligned is only a balancing factor if you actually have a reason to want to use non-aligned cards. Choosing a neuHQ should be exactly that - a choice. You want the cool HQ ability? Fine, just realize part of the cost there is a weakness to dilemmas you could otherwise bypass with non-aligned personnel.
You telling lazy players to make choices? You're not going to be a likable DD if you keep that up.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
bosskamiura wrote:

TK
Nate can relax. The Corbett influence on Design is slowly coming to an end. The policy of: "Design makes cards, players make decks" might go away. Hopefully not to the degree of going back to LEGO and "Here's the entire deck, and here's how to play it."

Maybe Nathan can find the middle ground.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
bosskamiura wrote:
Naetor wrote:So ~1/3 of the goal of this card was for more skill gaining and some prevent and overcome effects?
I brought up the topic and we've gotten some good discussion. I have my own feeling about it, but do appreciate alternative viewpoints -- especially from the designers.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
GooeyChewie wrote:The lack of access to non-aligned is only a balancing factor if you actually have a reason to want to use non-aligned cards. Choosing a neuHQ should be exactly that - a choice. You want the cool HQ ability? Fine, just realize part of the cost there is a weakness to dilemmas you could otherwise bypass with non-aligned personnel.
You telling lazy players to make choices? You're not going to be a likable DD if you keep that up.
Choices isn't the term I would use to describe a dilemma that'll be in nearly every tournament deck. You make it planet or space, that would've been a real choice.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Naetor wrote:
Latok wrote:Why should Neu-HQs have cards that hurt them?
I think you're reading too much into it. It doesn't seem like there is any intention of this card, and anything hurt by it is just a happenstance of some HQs being better suited to defend against it than others. Kris' comment earlier highlights this pretty well:
LORE wrote:..what was the design goal / point of this card? To push people into playing Holograms? Having to kill one to pass it seems a bit counter-productive if so.
I'm not really questioning this dilemma, I like it. What I am questioning is this statement.
Neu-headquarters should have cards that hurt them some

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: Choices isn't the term I would use to describe a dilemma that'll be in nearly every tournament deck. You make it planet or space, that would've been a real choice.
Yeah, because most people are slow to adapt early to new cards.. That's been the state of things for quite some time now.

Player trends happen very slowly now. In the old days people would react to this in a month, then people wouldn't play a dilemma that was a blank most of the time. Then it's popularity would cycle randomly based on your location. Now, maybe it takes a full year.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Latok wrote: I'm not really questioning this dilemma, I like it. What I am questioning is this statement.
Neu-headquarters should have cards that hurt them some
Maybe that was too specific statement for Sean to make. Everything should have some counter (or maybe 'risk' is a better word) to it, unless it's a extremely underplayed decktype. I don't think we need anti-Gatherers tech yet, even though it exists.

That annoys me more as a player then a bad matchup for one dilemma. Think of all the 'collateral damage' of cards like Moral Choice or The Seen and the Unseen. Or the butterfly effects on design from making Gomtuu and IoT.

We all got our 2E nerd beefs, we all come here to bitch about them. I'm just saying if you're annoyed with NTL just try to keep it in perspective.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]