For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
  • 121 posts

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
so has a 1e template for mse ever become reality?

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I use a gigabyte PSD file of my own making... 1000s of layers... horrible. But the results look, well, perfect. (All said perfection is due to Decipher's card layout, of course.)

By Navypiper
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I have completed the 1e cardmaker with the exception of the following card types: Missions, Sites, Time Locations, Damage Markers, and Tactics. I am hoping to have it completed by mid to late summer.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Navypiper wrote:I have completed the 1e cardmaker with the exception of the following card types: Missions, Sites, Time Locations, Damage Markers, and Tactics. I am hoping to have it completed by mid to late summer.
Awesome! :D Will it be publicly available? What do you miss perhaps I could help (with card image parts or some such)?

By Navypiper
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Thanks! I appreciate the offer very much, however my issue is only with finding good stretches of time to fully concentrate on it without 'life' getting in the way :) . I actually have all the visuals for those sections, so I'm fine that way as well. I have released what I have done so far on a Facebook Group called Star Trek CCG Dream Cards (https://www.facebook.com/groups/StarTrekCCGDreamCards/) and I will post the final product there first.

P.S. I also finished a 2e cardmaker a few years back as well, just in case you're interested.

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I probably won't be working on it any more but it's there completely open source. I was just reviewing my code, I did it in a couple days last January and haven't looked at it since.

You only need to know basic javascript. It's a good framework, anybody could add new fields and card types.

By Navypiper
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I now use the Magic Set Editor program and just add the 1e and 2e cardmaker sections as modules. Much, much simpler than Visual Basic.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Navypiper wrote:I now use the Magic Set Editor program and just add the 1e and 2e cardmaker sections as modules. Much, much simpler than Visual Basic.
where do you find those modules? pls share link here.

By Navypiper
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
This is the link to the download for the Magic Set Editor:
http://magicseteditor.boards.net/page/downloads

This is the 1e cardmaker link (not quite completed yet but I will inform when it is):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9f2dyy3m5wans ... 9.zip?dl=0

And this is the 2e cardmaker link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/scspxnv4071x0 ... 9.zip?dl=0

Download the Set editor first. Then download and unzip the cardmakers. INSTALL THE INCLUDED FONTS AT THIS POINT!! Then drag all the files from the extracted folders into the 'data' folder of the Magic Set Editor. Then you should be good to go.

By Runicmyst
 -  
How do i get the red skill icon to show up on the skill line? I read up above to click on the format > insert symbol function but nothing happens.

By Navypiper
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
The only thing I can think of is that you are not in that field at the time. Another method of producing the dot is first pres ctrl and M, then shift and 8. I hope this helps.

By rommel
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Tim wrote:Still based on the old VB code?

A year ago I started this:
https://github.com/makeitTim/McKinleyStation

Using HTML5 canvas and some VueJS. A better starting point.

Been playing around with this, very cool. One question for you - wondering how to set the ship stats font correctly. I got it to render in white, but it doesn't appear the present fonts are quite right. The dream cards yahoo group is going down with all the others, and it appears all the files are gone. So I don't know where to find information about the fonts anymore.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I must have the Y! Group's fonts package, incl. explanatory PDF, lying around somewhere. Can't reach it now. And bigger question -- not sure if they'd want me to post it here. Perhaps it's against TCC rules, as well...? (And I'm prone to collective compliance :borg: ) Otherwise there'd be a whole manual thread here, prolly.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]