For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:To be honest I kind of feel like Q shouldn't download a borg ship of any kind. I know it works against the spirit of the episode of Q-Who but sometimes spirit has to be forgotten for terms of gameplay. Q was around for plenty of things after all.
Agree on some. But I like the idea of him introducing the Borg en Feds to each other. Why not [DL] Rogue Borg Mercenaries (to any location, may be nullified only by cards that nullify Q-related cards)?
Or some such... something more innocent (I only envision a one-time stopping scenario with those RBMs)... just for flavour. (It's just that they're rogue. Those that Q brought the E'prise to were not rogue. Hmpf.)
[SD] May download up to 2 ❖ [Bor] drones from outside of game to opponent's ship where present; they may initiate battle.
Or:
[DL] Borg Cutting Beam ( [Down] ). Nah, bad idea.
Also what's the point of letting Q seed Armus: Skin of Evil anywhere? Q has nothing to do with Armus nor did he directly kill anyone in his entire time in the show.
Good catch! Missed that. Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, that's got to go, Disco. But we should think of a good Borg angle.
Since this scenario was the basis of an entire episode, maybe the better option is a new card that can mimic the events of Q-Who instead of trying to compartmentalize it into one current card.
Last edited by Slayer07 on Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:Since this scenario was the basis of an entire episode, maybe the better option is a new card that can mimic the events of Q-Who instead of trying to compartmentalize it into one current card.
That's certainly an option -- but not my personal preference. When making DCs (at home and/or in my head), I actually really like to fall back on existing cards as much as possible. But that's a matter of taste.
So, go ahead and design a Q Who card! :D

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:Since this scenario was the basis of an entire episode, maybe the better option is a new card that can mimic the events of Q-Who instead of trying to compartmentalize it into one current card.
That's certainly an option -- but not my personal preference. When making DCs (at home and/or in my head), I actually really like to fall back on existing cards as much as possible. But that's a matter of taste.
So, go ahead and design a Q Who card! :D
I don't blame you, I do as well. But sometimes it just isn't possible to capture the flavor with existing cards. Especially if we're trying to cover what is essentially an entire episode in one card.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Agreed. I look forward to your rendition! If I have something to add, I'll chip in of course.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Q can seed armus because it makes sense. Armus killed tasha but did you forget why tasha was there in the first place?

Q wanted to play a game a deadly game. He transported riker, worf, tasha, etc to a planet. Where they encounter armus skin of evil. So Q seeding it is like making your opponent encounter armus skin of evil dilemma in the game.

I actually thought that would out big time.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Discovery suxs wrote:Q can seed armus because it makes sense. Armus killed tasha but did you forget why tasha was there in the first place?

Q wanted to play a game a deadly game. He transported riker, worf, tasha, etc to a planet. Where they encounter armus skin of evil. So Q seeding it is like making your opponent encounter armus skin of evil dilemma in the game.

I think you cross-wired two different season 1 TNG Eps.

Armus was in Skin of Evil, Q wasn't.

Q's planet was in Hide and Q, Armus wasn't.

Tasha got killed by Armus in Skin of Evil

Wesley got "killed" by random napoleonic space ugly in Hide and Q.

Q downloading Armus may be justifiable in a gameplay context somehow, but it makes zero Trek sense.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:Q can seed armus because it makes sense. Armus killed tasha but did you forget why tasha was there in the first place?

I think you cross-wired two different season 1 TNG Eps.

Armus was in Skin of Evil, Q wasn't.

Q's planet was in Hide and Q, Armus wasn't.

Tasha got killed by Armus in Skin of Evil

Wesley got "killed" by random napoleonic space ugly in Hide and Q.

Q downloading Armus may be justifiable in a gameplay context somehow, but it makes zero Trek sense.
I guess I did mixed up the armus episode with the Q episode that had the warhog soldiers. First time we saw Q tent in star trek.

It is funny armus corrected me about armus lol.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:It is funny armus corrected me about armus lol.
LOL! :D

On the other hand... Q, in "The Emissary", did dare humanity to explore further and face unknown dangers, thereby showing their worth (and implicitly inviting Tasha to die the way she did, in a way)... and later pitched them (expicitly) against the Borg... so in that regard, you may have inadvertantly created a card that bridges ultiple seasons... :o ( :P :wink: )

No, just kidding; not a good idea for the card. :P

Still, funny to talk about this. :)

It would be cool if our old comrade, Ensign Q, now pulled a "deus-ex-machina" and corrected me on... something... :shifty: :P

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I just want the Q Dilemma fixed and playable again.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Great to see you here, Q. But... no no no.
SudenKapala wrote:
(...) On the other hand... Q, in "The Emissary", did dare humanity to explore further (...)
It would be cool if our old comrade, Ensign Q, now pulled a "deus-ex-machina" and corrected me on... something... :shifty: :P
You were supposed to correct The Emissary Encounter At Farpoint!

Q would've corrected me about Q!
But alas; this, to, was two good to be trough. :D

(Too late. Too hot outside. Can't sleep. I get corny, sorry.)

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Great to see you here, Q. But... no no no.
SudenKapala wrote:
(...) On the other hand... Q, in "The Emissary", did dare humanity to explore further (...)
You were supposed to correct The Emissary Encounter At Farpoint!

Q would've corrected me about Q!
But alas; this, to, was two good to be trough. :D

(Too late. Too hot outside. Can't sleep. I get corny, sorry.)
Don't you mean too good to be true ;)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
My grammar skills slain by Slayer. Yep, fits. (And that wasn't even intentionally set up.) 8)
:thumbsup:
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]