This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I remember the project information saying it will be 4mths after the cage. So that would put it in October. So heres some questions for it.

What is the real name not project name?
Do you expect to hit the october date?
How many cards in the set?

You got anymore non spoiler questions?
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I was hoping to have the update before I left for GenCon, but here I am, sitting in an airport waiting for a plane to fly to Indy. Maybe I'll have some down time to write it, but it'll probably be after this weekend. But, here are some tidbits:

1) It has a name, it was decided months ago. It's a very 1E name, and it's an episode name.
2) We're considering breaking off some of the expansion into a separate Warp Pack.
3) I think we can make the October date.
4) It will probably be 63 cards, the same as The Cage.

All of the above is subject to change.

-crp

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
MidnightLich wrote:1) It has a name, it was decided months ago. It's a very 1E name, and it's an episode name.
Interesting, given that it's a [OS] [Rom] expansion and they only appeared in two TOS episodes: "Balance of Terror" (which would be a great name, but it was already used for a 2E set) and "The Enterprise Incident" (which makes little sense for an expansion name as an expansion isn't an incident).

And one TAS Episode, "The Practical Joker", which makes even less sense for an expansion name. Pity too, since this game needs a card based on:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:I was hoping to have the update before I left for GenCon, but here I am, sitting in an airport waiting for a plane to fly to Indy. Maybe I'll have some down time to write it, but it'll probably be after this weekend. But, here are some tidbits:

1) It has a name, it was decided months ago. It's a very 1E name, and it's an episode name.
2) We're considering breaking off some of the expansion into a separate Warp Pack.
3) I think we can make the October date.
4) It will probably be 63 cards, the same as The Cage.

All of the above is subject to change.

-crp

Thank you for the update. The project thing really didn't answer any of those questions. I really hope you get the set full instead of a additional warp pack. The teasing of the Tos romulans has been over 2 decades now. The game needs them and they definitely need there own universial ship please.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Well, they do have ❖ Battle Cruiser... Why does that not work for you?

It is a shared ship in every way possible. The cc made a different color version of it. I would of rather seen them spilt into 2 cards. So romulan and klingons both would have there own universial ships. Trouble with Tribbles was a teaser set for all the tos afflications. The cage fixed federation. Now it's time for the romulans.

Look at this way. If the CC made the same ship but just made it for each afflication it would have more benefit to players.

1. They will be able to have a complete flavor deck.
2. Since [DL] have a limit. You get a [DL] from each ship not 1 [DL] with the current ship. So if you are playing a tos romulan and Klingon deck in the future. You won't be held back by the current version.
Last edited by Discovery suxs on Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
I'll tell you this much for free, unlike The Cage, *** ******* **** will cover a variety of factions and affiliations.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KazonPADD wrote:I'll tell you this much for free, unlike The Cage, *** ******* **** will cover a variety of factions and affiliations.

Is it...

THE NEUTRAL ZONE?

:shifty:
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Armus wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:I'll tell you this much for free, unlike The Cage, *** ******* **** will cover a variety of factions and affiliations.

Is it...

THE NEUTRAL ZONE?

:shifty:
That would be telling. But, all will be revealed soon.

-crp

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Cool! This reminds me of the game, "hanged man". Which reminds me of Christian Bale. (Via The Machinist, in which the game features.) Which reminds me I'm currently hungry.

/off-topic.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Since the director said name was very tos. First set was named the cage. If kazon padd was giving us a clue to the name of the set. First word 3 letters. Second 7 third 4 letters.

Since it is very old school and mentioned it alot of places.

My guess is the romulan star

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]