Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Please add that Rifle to the watchlist. Sorry to Oliver and Greg for being some sort of salty, but that deck is so unfun to play against. But I admire the creativity of Greg's, it is a really good and dangerous deck. Please have a close look at it. Maybe after two Worlds in a row it is time for some erratas...
Chief Financial Officer
 - Chief Financial Officer
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2023
3x ETU andnother kill prevention makes the deck meh
Along with interrupt prevention and multiple ships

TR116 should be on watchliat as it should require being present so people can hide on their ships unless u board the ship thru normal means

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote:Please add that Rifle to the watchlist. Sorry to Oliver and Greg for being some sort of salty, but that deck is so unfun to play against. But I admire the creativity of Greg's, it is a really good and dangerous deck. Please have a close look at it. Maybe after two Worlds in a row it is time for some erratas...
It’s already on the watchlist.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Resistance-is-futile wrote:3x ETU andnother kill prevention makes the deck meh

TR116 should be on watchliat as it should require being present so people can hide on their ships unless u board the ship thru normal means
Not being present is for story reasons. But “non-Headquarters mission” would be a good change to balance it.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Not being present is for story reasons. But “non-Headquarters mission” would be a good change to balance it.
:thumbsup:

Space racism :) . Build a wall around Luna. Just kidding. It was great to get to know you and lots of fun to play you and introduce me to Starfleet Nazis.. And I am still eager to see which Ben gets the next permanent ban. Our Ben is good at this, too :) .

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:

But... but... Deep Space 9 IS a Headquarters in this game so as written the card makes total story-mode sense!

That's a bad argument. You're much better going with the gameplay balance angle, or at least the "2e doesn't care about story mode" angle.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:But... but... Deep Space 9 IS a Headquarters in this game so as written the card makes total story-mode sense!

That's a bad argument. You're much better going with the gameplay balance angle, or at least the "2e doesn't care about story mode" angle.
Present together is still a goofy concept in 2E. 2E thinks you, I, and Greg Dillon are currently all “present together”, because we’re on the same planet.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
As far as I'm concerned the deck and the equipment have been around for a while. The fact that some of you got your feathers ruffled last weekend because you didn't come prepared, isn't enough to convince me that all of a sudden an errata is necessary.
My advice here would be to suck it up.

I prepared for Cardies and Terra Prime and I got kicked out by Romulans and fucking Khan but you don't hear me bitchin' about it!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote:As far as I'm concerned the deck and the equipment have been around for a while. The fact that some of you got your feathers ruffled last weekend because you didn't come prepared, isn't enough to convince me that all of a sudden an errata is necessary.
My advice here would be to suck it up.

I prepared for Cardies and Terra Prime and I got kicked out by Romulans and fucking Khan but you don't hear me bitchin' about it!
Terra Prime? Really?

Were you teching to be the highest placing Ben at Worlds or do you know something the rest of us don't about Terra Prime being broken?
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Armus wrote:
bhosp wrote:

But... but... Deep Space 9 IS a Headquarters in this game so as written the card makes total story-mode sense!

Quite complex wording, but would fix that "Trek-Sense issue":

Make it useable at the same non-HQ mission or present at an HQ.

Would give you some sort of protection and keeping the story from DS9 alive...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fair enough. Cardies would not have been my problem either. Got locked out by Romulans? How is that, did you not stack in enough ETUs :) ? I haven't seen you in the Top 4. So, anything Ben L. does not cry about is ok... I see... This deck is worse than your microteamingblabla, now I get bitchy :) . Kidding!

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Caretaker's Guest wrote:
Fair enough. Cardies would not have been my problem either. Got locked out by Romulans? How is that, did you not stack in enough ETUs :) ? I haven't seen you in the Top 4. So, anything Ben L. does not cry about is ok... I see... This deck is worse than your microteamingblabla, now I get bitchy :) . Kidding!
The ETU will usually prevail over TR-116 because you play it for 1 less counter. Justin made that call and he beat Greg, Ken made that call and he beat Oliver. They read the meta right!

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
Can I ask if this card, while powerful in an elimination bracket, would be so good in a swiss bracket? I know Greg did well in Day One, but I never got to play his deck, and Oliver's and Justin's decks would seriously struggle when they're likely to just get modified wins.

If it's only a real issue in games where you're going for a timed win rather than the full win does it really need errata? Asking cause I actually am curious.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
OK I understand the Romulan Assassin/TR-116 deck pretty well, so I'm going to break it down since some have seen it in action and others haven't and then you guys can argue about whether it's broken*. I think Richard New would as well but I'm unsure how he actually plays them(no tournament reports).

There's two very important things to do with the deck. First you need an Assassin at the opponent's every mission attempt, so you can kill 4+ with your dilemmas each time and ideally capture/kill another two when they fail. Unsound Logic into Simulated Prey/A Taste of Armageddon is super easy and Dereliction removes pretty much any counter play. Second you need to be discarding the opponents cards, so either Reman Subterfuge or the Terix/Trolarak at the opponents missions. TR-116 to kill literally anyone you want, anywhere, added on to those takes it from quite good to nigh unbeatable.

Most other cards are about making that happen, Reprimand, Secret Agenda and Deep Hatred can make sure Blind Spot or Imperial Entanglements do their thing. P&P wins you the game, Secret Conspiracy and Parallel Course can make sure you keep stopping solves even after the mission is buried. Then there's a bunch of superfluous shit for solving your own missions.

Looking at my lost games, Ken on Day 1 had one personnel in play, no cards in hand or the deck and he only solved two missions. Seppel on Day 2 had people in play but couldn't staff his two ships, had no cards in deck and was soon to have none in hand and he solved one mission. Justin had a fair number of people in play, 9ish, cards in hand and in the deck and had solved one mission and might even have been able to solve another but a FW was never going to be possible the way he played it.

I didn't lose to any deck I lost solely to the clock because bringing something so kill prevention heavy that won't get locked out and your going to lose pretty much any other matchup and it's still not gauranteed to work.

I overestimated my ability to not go to time in Europe I naively thought people would be faster than I'm used to for whatever reason. I suppose playing against that deck makes most people think long and hard about how to not get fucked. You can make the deck all in on preventing any mission solves by taking out all the people and events meant for solving your own missions. It's riskier because bad draws going first are pretty much auto losses but it's even more brutal.

ETUs are a very good call against the deck like any kill dilemma pile but 95% of the time are only going to buy you a little bit of time, maybe a turn or two. They're also just an arms race solution because I can run 3 Self-Sealing Stem Bolts too.

The real counter to TR-116 as alluded to in my tournament report is TR-116.

*It is.

By Broshak
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
5-0 with double deckout is a full win. The reason this deck gets timed wins is cause people are slow, not cause it takes ages to stop you.

First: Michael Burnham Last: Saru

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]