This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Blended + "God" if they're dumb enough to leave their ship in orbit of Earth.

Other than that, one hit stoppers like In The Pale Moonlight , Chula: The Dice can be frustrating to get through.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
admiral-mogh wrote:Sleeper Trap can actually be used by the Borg to download ❖ Interlink Drone. Don't know how useful it would be though... :borg:
Your question was about seeding dilemmas against Borg who utilize Assimilate Homworld, correct? Then only the opponent of the encounterer (i.e., seeder of said dilemmas; not the Borg player) can download the 3 ❖ Cardies.
What am I missing? Are you considering a possible Borg-Borg match? Sounds extremely Swedish! :shifty: :lol:
Last edited by SudenKapala on Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
It's a nice, yet pretty, ineffective trick :D Three of Nine can use Bajoran Civil War if she has leadership also.

I'd love to see more cards that utilise the secondary species on Borg.

So far, the only one predominantly used is human, and you only use that to hide them at a time location when Stop First Contact is complete

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
admiral-mogh wrote:Suden, your interpretation of my original question was correct. My comment on Cardassian Trap was simply a superfluos side-note.
Thanks for clearing that up! :cheersL: :thumbsup:

/unconfused... a bit. I think...? :lol:
sexecutioner wrote:It's a nice, yet pretty, ineffective trick :D Three of Nine can use Bajoran Civil War if she has leadership also.

I'd love to see more cards that utilise the secondary species on Borg.
Neat! Yes! We need more of that!
I feel a "cool" deck coming... Or did you already have that in mind, Sexecutioner?

So far, the only one predominantly used is human, and you only use that to hide them at a time location when Stop First Contact is complete
So... you mean that it's used in a rather negative light only -- since it hampers you when you play human Borg, correct? Or is there a positive mechanic hidden in there somewhere?

By admiral-mogh (Jorn Engstrom)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
sexecutioner wrote:Blended + "God" if they're dumb enough to leave their ship in orbit of Earth.

Other than that, one hit stoppers like In The Pale Moonlight , Chula: The Dice can be frustrating to get through.
Thanks!

Ps.
In The Pale Moonlight >> Cortical Node Implant (change integrity 5 to 3)
Chula: The Dice >> Lower Decks (Never leave home without it)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
admiral-mogh wrote:What would you say is the best 3-dilemma combo against Borg playing Assimilate Homeworld?
3 copies of Loss of Orbital Stability.

You don't even need to seed "God" at Earth. The smart Borg player will be too scared of attempting regardless.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
admiral-mogh wrote:What would you say is the best 3-dilemma combo against Borg playing Assimilate Homeworld?
3 copies of Loss of Orbital Stability.
Bwegh. :x
You don't even need to seed "God" at Earth. The smart Borg player will be too scared of attempting regardless.
Can't you use multiple ships and be safe? Launch a sphere from your cube?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
SudenKapala wrote:
Can't you use multiple ships and be safe? Launch a sphere from your cube?
"God" destroys a ship opponent's choice. So you can go ahead and launch your sphere; I'm still going to blow up the Cube if you encounter and fail "God".

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling St[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]