By mrpurple
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hi All, is Loctus of Borg consider a counterpart for all federation missions?

So if I have Service The Collective in play and Loctus out, I can scout and probe any federation in the same turn?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
mrpurple wrote:Hi All, is Loctus of Borg consider a counterpart for all federation missions?

So if I have Service The Collective in play and Loctus out, I can scout and probe any federation in the same turn?
Yup. That's exactly how that works! :thumbsup:

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
What Armus said. But some more info:

Being a "Counterpart" says somethings about Locutus' relation -- or another (although there can be only one) -- to the Queen, and his place in the Collective -- he's not a drone, and he is male.
Service The Collective mentions that you must have such a type of Borg person; and that he must "match" -- in this case, have the same former affiliation -- as (one of) the mission's icon(s), to enjoy STC's speed-up effect. :thumbsup:

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Generally yes, with one exception.

Locutus will _not_ count as matching counterpart for a [MQ] mission with a [Fed] icon, for counterpart rules say you have to match the universe too. So Locutus/Service the Collective won't help you go faster on a Mirror mission, and you can't target the Terran Hideout with Assimilate Homeworld (assuming the HQ's there).

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]

solved, thanks :thumbsup: