This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which TNG main character is most in need of a new version?

Picard
3%
Riker
11%
Data
3%
Geordi
8%
Worf
3%
Beverly
3%
Troi
3%
Yar
14%
Pulaski
24%
Wesley
30%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hi guys!

I messed up and forgot to post a Friday Question last week! To be fair, I was at Disneyland with the Lobban family (my first visit) and it completely slipped my mind. So here's a bit of a belated question for you to consider: Which TNG main character (from the show) is most in need of a new version?

Let me know! It might just matter... ;)

-crp

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
I voted for a new Wes. Some suggestions:

1/ Young Wes, pre-Academy. Fewer skills but could have a cool Traveler-related download
2/ Journey's End Wes. Again, would have a Traveler-related download
3/ Adult Wes (Riker's Q-gift). And make an AI with adult Wil Weaton's Riker-beared face edited in. Because I'm still mad at Paramount for not going back and doing that when they released the remastered version of that episode.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
i voted for a wesley but i want one from nemesis, when he was stationed on the titan.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The fact that 1e doesn't have a baby face Riker is an absolute crime. Especially since 2e HAS TWO!

And no, this one doesn't count. Unlike Insurrection Riker, Season One Baby Face Riker IS Smooth as an Android's Bottom! :P

My second choice would be Tasha Yar. The premiere version is, well, a premiere version. She's definitely overdue for an update.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
I'd love to see a TNG Commander Riker (with no more than 4 skill dots) that plays nice with Continuing Mission.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
i always thought that tasha yar alternate was the definitive tasha yar. much more useful, kind of like decipher apologizing for making her so useless the first time.

it took them a lot longer for them to apologize for deanna troi.

By Tosk
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Seconding what Maelwys said, but especially highlighting option #3 for a Journey's End Wesley. I'd be happier to see more than just a Traveller download on him though... the kid froze time! Even better would be something like;

[NA] Wesley
[Stf] CIVILIAN
Under the guidance of the Traveler, Wesley Crusher resigned from Starfleet Academy to begin a new journey.
[SD]Empathy [SD]Astrophysics X2 [SD]Honor [SD]Navigation
[SD]Suspend play and discard a [Door] from hand to relocate Wesley to any location. [DL]Ancestral Visions (to Dorvan V)
Integrity: 8 Cunning: 8 Strength: 6

Characteristics: Human
Image Source: The Next Generation: "Journey's End"

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm voting for Geordi myself though I kind of think everyone should get another persona.

I've always wanted a Beverly Crusher from Descent as well.
Discovery rox wrote: it took them a lot longer for them to apologize for deanna troi.
I think the CC did a better Deanna Troi, especially for the series itself, than Decipher ever did.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i looked at the list and thought "wesley, but nobody will vote for Wesley, so I'll vote for Yar." Then i saw Wesley was leading with 8, and changed my vote to Wesley lol. Was surprised!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I figured it was Yar for sure, since Yar only has one non- [1E-AU] version, and Wesley has two.

But I guess WOTC is with Wesley!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
BCSWowbagger wrote:But I guess WOTC is with Wesley!
Oh no, I have much bigger plans for that.

-crp
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:But I guess WOTC is with Wesley!
Oh no, I have much bigger plans for that.

-crp
Hello? Yes? 911? I'd like to report a heavy teasing at some address in Seattle? No, no, not tasing. Teasing. Yes, with an "e". Hello? Hello?

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Wesley, but the one that says 'fuck all these friends I've made over the years, I'm gonna go with this creepy space guy in a silver jumpsuit that had a weird thing for me when I was a child'

*Leaves abruptly, leaving the crew to deal with a Cardassian ambush

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Or a Naked Time version of Wes called 'The Boy' who can [DL] Commandeer Ship

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
maybe there should be a new expansion called shut up, wesley.

it can have a bunch of wesley personas, some wesley support cards, and some high def reprint versions of old wesley cards like premiere wesley, the travleler, lakanta, and q continuum wesley gets the point.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation