This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 121 posts
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
User avatar
 
By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
#487372
They may not be classified, but they're extremely critical. Collections -- and thus, lives -- depend on them! :o :shifty:
User avatar
 
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
#487373
SudenKapala wrote:You did add the WB versions of regularly BB cards from the 2PIG in the mean time, right? (IKC Kratak and so forth.) (EDIT: Yes, seems you did. :thumbsup: )
Wait.. he did? I had to add them to mine. And, following the link in the OP, I'm not seeing them there either.
SudenKapala wrote:And removed the surplus TWT fixed started deck cards that were indistinguishable from the TWT versions?
If those are being removed, card 1183 (or 1125) should go as well. Menthar Booby Trap is in both starters, but unlike the others that are duplicated, neither version has an AI.
SudenKapala wrote:And recently, there was a discussion of the starter decks or OTSD, somewhere... seems that there's a bunch with a different copyright year (1998 > 2000, IIRC.) Did you incorporate them both? (EDIT: Seems you didn't; I could see only 1 version of both, with no reference to year?)
Starter Deck II? I've seen online that the ones in Second Anthology and All Good Things had the 2000 copyright date, but I haven't seen a photo/scan confirming it. (And mine, from a Second Anthology box, are the 1998 version.)

I also added to mine an entry for the errata'd version of Amanda's Parents. (Were there any other cards similarly changed in the middle of a print run?)
User avatar
 
By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
#487401
Can'tDriveFactorFive wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:You did add the WB versions of regularly BB cards from the 2PIG in the mean time, right? (IKC Kratak and so forth.) (EDIT: Yes, seems you did. :thumbsup:
Wait.. he did? I had to add them to mine. And, following the link in the OP, I'm not seeing them there either.
I saw them y'day. In the regular 1e tab. Just below Premiere somewhere.
SudenKapala wrote:And removed the surplus TWT fixed started deck cards that were indistinguishable from the TWT versions?
If those are being removed, card 1183 (or 1125) should go as well. Menthar Booby Trap is in both starters, but unlike the others that are duplicated, neither version has an AI.
Well... yes; but also, no. One of those 2 "Traps" should actually be Microbiotic Colony. You yourself already said, "Card 1126, Microvirus, should be Microbiotic Colony" -- but I don't think Microvirus should be the one to be replaced (since another copy of that card is in one of the starter decks). (EDIT: it is not!) I instead solved this issue incorrectly by replacing 1 of the 2 card titles "Menthar Booby Trap" with "Microbiotic Colony".
Or at least, I think that's what happened in my file. Can you reproduce my logic, or point out a flaw in my reasoning?
SudenKapala wrote:And recently, there was a discussion of the starter decks or OTSD, somewhere... seems that there's a bunch with a different copyright year (1998 > 2000, IIRC.) Did you incorporate them both? (EDIT: Seems you didn't; I could see only 1 version of both, with no reference to year?)
Starter Deck II? I've seen online that the ones in Second Anthology and All Good Things had the 2000 copyright date, but I haven't seen a photo/scan confirming it. (And mine, from a Second Anthology box, are the 1998 version.)
I, too, have no hard proof of this issue -- and I actually even only have read about it 3rd-hand, on this forum. I mentioned it for completeness. :thumbsup:
I also added to mine an entry for the errata'd version of Amanda's Parents. (Were there any other cards similarly changed in the middle of a print run?)
I'm not sure about this. I think I may have heard mention that Decipher ade small corrections more often. But I can't think of any other instances now. Have you checked Wixiban?
Last edited by SudenKapala on Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
 
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
#487414
SudenKapala wrote:
Can'tDriveFactorFive wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:You did add the WB versions of regularly BB cards from the 2PIG in the mean time, right? (IKC Kratak and so forth.) (EDIT: Yes, seems you did. :thumbsup:
Wait.. he did? I had to add them to mine. And, following the link in the OP, I'm not seeing them there either.
I saw them y'day. In the regular 1e tab. Just below Premiere somewhere.
It's possible I'm just missing them. But even searching for e.g. "I.K.C. K'Ratak" or "Ferengi Attack" only finds one result each, for the black border AU version. (The 2PG exclusives - Data Laughing, missions, and personnel - are right where they belong between QC and Fajo.)
SudenKapala wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:And removed the surplus TWT fixed started deck cards that were indistinguishable from the TWT versions?
If those are being removed, card 1183 (or 1125) should go as well. Menthar Booby Trap is in both starters, but unlike the others that are duplicated, neither version has an AI.
Well... yes; but also, no. One of those 2 "Traps" should actually be Microbiotic Colony. You yourself already said, "Card 1126, Microvirus, should be Microbiotic Colony" -- but I don't think Microvirus should be the one to be replaced (since that card is in one of the starter decks). I instead solved this issue by replacing 1 of the 2 card titles "Menthar Booby Trap" with "Microbiotic Colony".
Or at least, I think that's what happened in my file. Can you reproduce my logic, or point out a flaw in my reasoning?
That's actually why I specified card numbers, because I was confusing myself at first :P

Menthar Booby Trap is listed twice in the spreadsheet, as card 1125 (Fed) and 1183 (Kli). The card is in both decks, but there is no difference between them that I can find. Both are reprints.

Microvirus is listed twice in the spreadsheet, as card 1126 (Fed) and 1184 (Kli). 1184 is correctly listed as "Microvirus (AI)". 1126 is incorrect because the actual Fed deck has a Microbiotic Colony reprint in its place. (I had to double-check this against the included rulebook, again out of my own confusion. Wixiban also incorrectly lists Microvirus instead of Microbiotic Colony.)

(By the by, I appreciate your color-coding here :) )
SudenKapala wrote:
I also added to mine an entry for the errata'd version of Amanda's Parents. (Were there any other cards similarly changed in the middle of a print run?)
I'm not sure about this. I think I may have heard mention that Decipher ade small corrections more often. But I can't think of any other instances now. Have you checked Wixiban?
I have not, but that's because Wixiban doesn't even mention it for Amanda's Parents.
User avatar
 
By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
#487419
(1)
You were right. I'll edit my previous comment about Microvirus.
(But it's still incorrectly in your quote of my post; I'm saying this, so not as to confuse possible readers with my error in that quote. There is no second Microvirus among both TWT Starters.)


So, this is how it is in the online list now:
1125 Menthar Booby Trap (physically same card as 1183)
1126 Microvirus (does not exist -- which I failed to see, until now)
1183 Menthar Booby Trap (physically same card as 1125)
1184 Microvirus (AI)
(Microbiotic Colony: missing)


I think in the end you & I have the same (TWT Starter reprint) card titles -- that is,
Microvirus AI
Microbiotic Colony
Menthar Booby Trap


Correct? Then the only thing that I might have not taken into account (in my file), is -- I guess -- the card numbers. I don't use them. 8) But I guess you're saying, that simply replacing an arbitrary MBTrap -- as I've done -- messes up the card number order...?
I didn't think of that, because as said -- I never look at the card number.

And since I split my current file (which has served me very well) off from Boffo's so long ago, there's no hope for me of going back to the original -- or even getting it up to par again. I'm lost in the dark here. :lol:

(2)
No, I don't see those 2PG WB pre-prints of the BB commons, either, now. I think I glanced over the 2PG WB missions (which are there), and reckoned they were all there. Not very accurate of me.
So you were right. :thumbsup: :wink: Don't let me at those master files, anybody! :lol:

FYI: I entered the missing WB 2PG pre-prints from the colourful, graphically pleasing list that came -- I think -- with the CTSB.
I bought it togeher, in any case. That list contains all cards up until the 2PG; and the Spock and Data Laughing promos, said to be limited to the first .5M of their respective products. The (c) on the list reads 1995. There are 19 cards in total, incl. the missions, dilemmas, Convergence, and K'Ratak.


Here's a photo of the relevant section of that list:
Q6_OpnCam_20191104_000818.jpg


(3)
About Wixiban -- I didn't check recently, but I thought I read some interesting bits in the introduction texts. But I can very well be wrong -- having found hints elsewhere, then, and mixing it up. Perhaps I heard from ias that he read it somewhere... Sorry. :(
User avatar
 
By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Moderator
#487430
Can'tDriveFactorFive, I'm also open to appointing you an editor on the Spreadsheet as well. Just as with Suden, I'd need you to PM an e-mail address to me so I could tell Google just who to let in (unless I can do it with a password or something).

Obviously, both of you guys value the spreadsheet enough to be assets to it.

Also, I get a song in my head every time I see your name. You know the one.
User avatar
 
By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
#487434
Boffo97 wrote:Also, I get a song in my head every time I see your name. You know the one.
Yeah, this one. Good song.
Or this one? I love the sound of Finnish, even in a song like that.
Oh -- you meant the other name.

But seriously -- after tonight, I think that maybe I shouldn't edit anything -- rather, just hand over my notes and let somebody with fresher brains sort them out! ;-) :P
User avatar
 
By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Moderator
#487435
Where can I get these fresh brains that you speak of? ;)
User avatar
 
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
#487675
SudenKapala wrote:Correct? Then the only thing that I might have not taken into account (in my file), is -- I guess -- the card numbers. I don't use them. 8)
Correct! (And I don't pay much attention to the numbers either - except the ones printed on the cards themselves from TwT onwards - but they seemed a useful reference in this case. I guess they'd be good for sorting the entire sheet back to release order...)
SudenKapala wrote: :wink: Don't let me at those master files, anybody! :lol:
Disagree. More eyes are better. :cheersL: :cheersR:
SudenKapala wrote:About Wixiban -- I didn't check recently, but I thought I read some interesting bits in the introduction texts. But I can very well be wrong -- having found hints elsewhere, then, and mixing it up. Perhaps I heard from ias that he read it somewhere... Sorry. :(
Nothing to be sorry for! And Wixiban is a great resource, it just doesn't seem to have the answer to that specific question of mine. :P
Boffo97 wrote:Can'tDriveFactorFive, I'm also open to appointing you an editor on the Spreadsheet as well. Just as with Suden, I'd need you to PM an e-mail address to me so I could tell Google just who to let in (unless I can do it with a password or something).
Sure! I'm happy to help if I can.
Boffo97 wrote:Also, I get a song in my head every time I see your name. You know the one.
:shifty: I do know the one. Mission accomplished. 8)
SudenKapala wrote:Oh -- you meant the other name.
Not speaking Finnish, my (distinctly not fresh) brain always tries to read your name as "Sudden Qapla'!"
User avatar
 
By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
#487723
Can'tDriveFactorFive wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:Correct? Then the only thing that I might have not taken into account (in my file), is -- I guess -- the card numbers. I don't use them. 8)
Correct! (And I don't pay much attention to the numbers either - except the ones printed on the cards themselves from TwT onwards - but they seemed a useful reference in this case. I guess they'd be good for sorting the entire sheet back to release order...)
I do that with autofilters. And in such projects, I usually make a new column with a fresh set of original-ordering numbers -- especially handy since the inventory sheet also had 'half' cards when I downloaded/split off it. Especially unhandy, while my inventory sheet grew over my pay grade and got to complicated even for that column... :lol:
55 wrote:
SudenKapala wrote: :wink: Don't let me at those master files, anybody! :lol:
Disagree. More eyes are better. :cheersL: :cheersR:
Thx for confidence vote. :)
55 wrote:
Boffo97 wrote:Also, I get a song in my head every time I see your name. You know the one.
:shifty: I do know the one. Mission accomplished. 8)
Hah! That also answers one of my "Suden Is Interested In You" topic questions! :D Didn't know the song. Do know the concept, though. 8) Pedal to the metal! \,,\ :x /,,/
55 wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:Oh -- you meant the other name.
Not speaking Finnish, my (distinctly not fresh) brain always tries to read your name as "Sudden Qapla'!"
That is SO awesome! :o :lol:

I love my current multi-functional technicolour linking signature, but I feel a new one arriving.
User avatar
 
By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Moderator
#499862
A little bit of long overdue updatery as I finally put some work in on this today:

On my local copy, I've added The Cage as well as the Borderless Promos, which are their own tab as there's likely going to be more of those in the future. Later tonight, I'll add Q Who?, the Virtual Promos added since my last update and try to address the errors reported in this thread.

I also did a search through the 1E Virtual Tab to make sure I was being consisted in noting the original Star Trek property logo as TOS and not ST, as I had a tendency to flip back and forth and needed to choose one.

I probably won't do a whole "Here's how to change the old sheet to the new one" post because I think the work it was entailing (probably more work than actually putting the new data in the sheet) wasn't really helping people and caused my massive procrastination on this.

TL;DR: Nothing is updated yet on the live version, but it will be updated tonight. New tab for Borderless Promos.
 
By harry696
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
#499887
SudenKapala wrote:Starter Deck II? I've seen online that the ones in Second Anthology and All Good Things had the 2000 copyright date, but I haven't seen a photo/scan confirming it. (And mine, from a Second Anthology box, are the 1998 version.)
Starter Deck II with a copyright date of 2000 does exist as I have them in my collection. Here is a scan of Ferengi Trading Post with the 2000 copyright date.
Attachments:
ST1E11002-2000 crop.jpg
ST1E11002-2000 crop.jpg (99.18 KiB) Viewed 559 times
User avatar
 
By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Moderator
#499896
And we are updated!

Get the revised spreadsheet here (should hopefully be the same link it already was) and revised help file here.

Big changes include:

* Updated card list through Q Who?
* Updated promo list through #251 (as available)
* New tabs: Decipher Tournament Foils and Borderless Promos
* All addressed issues should be fixed.

Notice: 1E WB & Misc tab has new numbering as a number of cards were added.
User avatar
 
By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Moderator
#499905
Can'tDriveFactorFive wrote:Card 1121, Hunter Gangs, is entered as "Hunger" Gangs.
Hunger Gangs is when your Away Team is threatened by these guys:

Image
User avatar
 
By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Moderator
#506692
Ordinarily, when I announce an update for the Spreadsheet, this reaction is appropriate:
Image

But, for once, we have a timely update. Added The Neutral Zone and VP 233.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vq-6l ... cyHhhSUV9a
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
2nd edition collection for sale

Hi, I am downsizing my life and am selling a lot o[…]

bashircommander MW jadziadax8 60-10

BCF crazy talk

Thanks, that's super helpful to hear

My thanks to Brian and Brian. And yes, I woul[…]