Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Next one: Hosp's Space Racism and Cardie Capture combined. You get only four counters each turn, your consume is reduced to zero. I feel flattered that my Romulans got hampered into oblivion whilst the Rifle is fine. Space Racism, sorry Ben, is open up for NPEs.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Wow I saw the subject line and thought the PoR had started early... that appears to be a different discussion for another thread.

Sounds like you got caught off-guard.

That shit only hits if you aren't prepared for it or you let it.

I played a variant that used Terok Nor and Terra Prime and got ROFLStomped. I played it specifically to see if it was broken. It's a gimmick deck with a lot of moving parts. Gimmick decks can be played around.

If it becomes as prevalent as Cardie Interrupt Solver maybe I'll reevaluate, but as of now I'm not there on the NPE.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote:What's the big counter move?
Depends on what the Racist SF deck is doing. If they're doing the whole consume reduction thing, go planet first and make them pay to stop you with No Kill I - if you wait to do planets last, you'll just bash your head into the wall. They tend not to have room for things like Necessary Execution.

Ben's more recent version goes for more of a kill strategy, and it doesn't look like going planet first against that will help much. I'd drop someone in Sector 001 as early as you can though, since that'll shut off the nastiest parts of them pile until they can complete a mission. And they aren't great at missions.

When Brian tried TN/SF, he went mostly with the kill plan, but with a No Kill I too. I'd probably err on the side of planet-first there, if for no other reason than because it makes it easier to drop someone off at Luna on your way out to attempt missions.

So:
1) Planet first
2) Stock kill prevention
3) Make them actually consume dilemmas until they can complete a mission. That means dropping someone at Luna (if you're not already an Earth-based deck), and getting out of the gate fast.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I still think that, for fluff and gameplay reasons alike, the dudes who want to kick all the aliens off of Earth and go into isolation because racism shouldn't be able to duel HQ with a ton of aliens. But I also haven't seen a ton of TP in any form online yet.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Old Feelings... Stocking a card just against Space Racism? No deal.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote:Old Feelings... Stocking a card just against Space Racism? No deal.
Ever play against 8472?

Old feelings is a vastly underrated card.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote:Old Feelings... Stocking a card just against Space Racism? No deal.
Interesting. Can you give an example of a meta card you would stock?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ever play against 8472?
Yes. Mixed results but more wins without Old Feelings. Their dilemmas are just too weak.
Tacking and Number One did the trick against Julius' deck. But Old Feelings is a blank against any other deck except Inferiority which is seldomly played.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote:
Tacking and Number One did the trick against Julius' deck. But Old Feelings is a blank against any other deck except Inferiority which is seldomly played.
Hmm. I'd actually consider Tacking to be one of the biggest design failures in the past 5 years, exactly for that reason. I don't think you can only play cards that are always useful, then be surprised when it is not perfectly useful in one exact situation.

Worst case scenario is you spend 2 counters on a dead draw -- I've been surprised of late that I see no one running Tactical Planning and the like which totally negates this. Best case scenario is you steam roll a deck you despise.

Win or lose, if its a fair game and everyone isn't playing/winning with the same deck (cough Cardassians), then I think the game is good state.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Naetor wrote:Ok, we're doing rapid fire- Old Feelings. Next!
Useless if you have to face the combined Interrupt-Cancelling Strength of my latest deck including Mila, Lustful & Homicidal.

Played it yesterday, definately a negative Play experience for your Opponent. I've beaten Stefan Slaby playing a Cardassian deck including all the cheatings stuff after he was 2 missions ahead…

Here's my decklist: https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... ckID=42895

Please note, that this deck was played at the tournament UNTESTED and especially the Dilemma pile could be much better with some fine tuning...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Clerasil ToB wrote:
Useless if you have to face the combined Interrupt-Cancelling Strength of my latest deck including Mila, Lustful & Homicidal.

Played it yesterday, definately a negative Play experience for your Opponent. I've beaten Stefan Slaby playing a Cardassian deck including all the cheatings stuff after he was 2 missions ahead…

Please note, that this deck was played at the tournament UNTESTED and especially the Dilemma pile could be much better with some fine tuning...
So in a 67 card deck how do you reliably get Tribunal Sentencing x3 into play?

I like the Illiana tech though, that's Hawt with AFSFE. I might have to steal that... :shifty:

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Clerasil ToB wrote:

How do you solve 3 missions in an hour? Or handle the 20 Jem'Hadar I already have in play when your counter stuff starts affecting me? For that matter, how do you beat someone that doesn't just blindly start attempting missions with their first 7 personnel?

If I sit across from this deck. I am spending 10 turns sitting at base, building up an unstoppable team and just steam roll with double/triple attempts -- this is how you beat many NPE interaction decks, folks. All while stonewalling you with In Development, Gomtuu, and other dilemmas you won't be able to pass.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Armus wrote:
Clerasil ToB wrote:

So in a 67 card deck how do you reliably get Tribunal Sentencing x3 into play?

I like the Illiana tech though, that's Hawt with AFSFE. I might have to steal that... :shifty:
Very reliably - with downloading the Dissidents and These Are the Voyages you can get though the deck very quickly and Broca allows you to download a copy if you have one in your hand...
Deck Design Strategy

I agree with @stressedoutatumc . The way I like[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]

The deck qualifies, but the tournament currently[…]

Yes your 5-three cost and 1-five cost were r[…]