This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Welcome to today's First Edition Friday Question, where you get a chance to answer questions that will help shape the future of First Edition. If you'd like to catch up on previous entries, here's a list of all of my previous Friday Questions:

Last week, we talked about giving old cards some love; this week, I'd like to talk about love in the form of romantic partners. Specifically, I'd like to talk about making some more dual personnel that represent couples. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's the relevant quote from the rulebook:
Romantic Partners wrote:A personnel is the romantic partner of another personnel if the lore on either card both names the other (see named in lore sidebar) and states that they are or were "romantically involved". For example, Pel and Quark are romantic partners of one another, but Pel and Deputy Quark are not. The following terms (even if preceded by "ex-") are considered equivalent to the phrase "romantically involved": "husband", "wife", "mate", "married", "wedded", "bride", "imzadi", "mistress", "widow", "divorced". A personnel and their romantic partner are collectively called a couple.
Which couples would you like to see appear on future dual personnel cards?

The most recent version of what I'm talking about is Worf and Jadzia from last year's Equilibrium, but they are hardly the only example. The Gift gave us Culluh and Seska, and Sergey and Helena were created in the very first virtual expansion, Life From Lifelessness. One thing that makes these dual personnel couples is that they provide a single card that can power Holoprogram: Cafe des Artistes, which is a nice drawing engine.

Who else would benefit from having a couple dual personnel card? Which decks need a better way to use the love cafe? Are you desperate for a version of Beverly and Picard that are romantically involved? Or is there an odd-ball couple you need to see in the game? Whatever the reasons, which couples would you like to see appear on a future dual personnel card?

Have you gotten your holiday gift shopping yet? I haven't, and it's really stressing me out. But hopefully I'll be able to knock some of that stuff out this weekend, including my gift for my Secret Santa recipient. In any case, I hope you have a great weekend as we get closer to the holiday season.

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Data and Spot.

Archer and Porthos.

Why limit the love to the romantic type? :wink:

More in line with the question, off the top of my head:

Jean-Luc and Jenice Manheim - double draw!

Tucker and Tpol

Sarek and Amanda

Gi'ral and Tokath - [Rom] / [Kli] dual?

Lwaxana and Timicin

Deanna and Aaron Conner

Borg Queen and Data of Borg - interesting possibilities with that one...

Archer and Hernandez

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Orbin wrote:
Armus wrote:Gi'ral and Tokath - [Rom] / [Kli] dual?
I really like this suggestion! :thumbsup:
- James M
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
I like dual-personnel of minor characters, because it's easier to fit all the applicable skills there (compared to Bev/Jean-Luc).

I really like Gi'ral/Tokath mentioned above.

I'd love to see Alyssa Ogawa / Andrew Powell, but I don't think he was ever really on screen with her (maybe in the background of AGT somewhere, but not a good shot).

Robert and Marie Picard would be fun, I'm sure there's some interesting stuff that can go on them. Download 45 Dom and cancel Maman Picard, or something silly like that?

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery rox wrote:
Slayer07 wrote: Only if this comes with brand new Ba'el. These two need updates asap.
what if it downloaded bael? thats always powerful, but not overpowered since bael is weak on her own.
This is one of those times I think the 1E team should take a 'conversion' from 2E when it comes to Ba'el and Gi'ral.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Ezri & Bashir
Mirror Ezri & Mirror Leeta
Mirror Worf & Intendant
Quark & Grilka
Odo & Kira
Sisko & Kasidy
Jake & Mardah
Grand Negus Rom & Leeta
Miles & Keiko
Kai Win & Anjohl Tennan
Dukat & Kira Maru
Garak & Tora

Seska & Chakotay
The Doctor & Dr. Denara Pel
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Slayer07 wrote:How has no one mentioned Odo and Founder Leader. This is literally the only way the Dominion will ever have a romantic pair to work with.
For now.

:shifty:

-crp
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]