By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i already asked on the discord, but i get brain aneurysm wrapping my head around it.

what i learned:

you can build an outpost without any quad restrictions (where you have an engineer)

but, can you then report delta stuff there?

it seems so, since lists are running Call for Reinforcements to get more ships.

so, native quad is completely overridden by that move?

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
You cannot play [1E-DQ] personnel in the Alpha Quadrant. You can build the outpost, and it will repair ships, etc. But you won't be able to report personnel though.
You can report equipment though as equipment cards don't have quadrants.

Pretty sure most lists are playing Call for Reinforcements for the repair - but I'd have to look over some of the lists in questions. Borg decks have all sorts of funky cards for wacky reasons that aren't readily apparent.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
so, how to get more ships into play then?
is Call for Reinforcements only for repairing?

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=19731

has borg sphere in the tent, so you can report that.

is there any card that dowloads ships ❖ or not to your hand?
Last edited by Ensign Q on Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:
so, how to get more ships into play then?
is Call for Reinforcements only for repairing?

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=19731

has
borg sphere in the tent, so you can report that.
Borg Sphere wrote:May be reported aboard, carried aboard and launched from any of your Borg cube
So use CfR to grab the Sphere, then report it to your cube. It looks like they also have Federation Flagship: Recovered and a Borg Scout Vessel (which reports with crew) - lots of ship options in that deck.
Last edited by Iron Prime on Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
but Borg Scout Vessel cant be reported when you dl it with call...
at least the discord said so.

Last edited by Ensign Q on Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote: You can report equipment though as equipment cards don't have quadrants.
This is wrong. It's true that equipment cards don't have native quadrants, but they can only inherently (i.e., without a card effect) report to a facility in it's - the facilitiy's - native quadrant.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Iron Prime wrote: You can report equipment though as equipment cards don't have quadrants.
This is wrong. It's true that equipment cards don't have native quadrants, but they can only inherently (i.e., without a card effect) report to a facility in it's - the facilitiy's - native quadrant.

Pls kill me

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Doesn't that make me only half wrong? 8)
Either way; good to know that loop hole - thanks!
It doesn't really come up much - especially with Borg.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Prime wrote:
Armus wrote:
Doesn't that make me only half wrong? 8)
Either way; good to know that loop hole - thanks!
It doesn't really come up much - especially with Borg.
its a closed loohole though :P

all these outpost shenenigans were less of a headache if it wasnt all over the place in the glossary. god, i hate that thing.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
It's real simple: the rules allow you to report cards to a compatible facility if both the card being reported and the facility are in their native quadrant.

Since equipment cards aren't quadrant-specific, only the facility needs to be in its native quadrant.

If those conditions aren't true, you need a card effect to report.

Does that make it easier?

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:i already asked on the discord, but i get brain aneurysm wrapping my head around it.

what i learned:

you can build an outpost without any quad restrictions (where you have an engineer)

but, can you then report delta stuff there?

it seems so, since lists are running Call for Reinforcements to get more ships.

so, native quad is completely overridden by that move?
I was going to suggest using Attention All Hands since that specifies where to download the card, the quadrant rule does not apply. Only problem is, there is no ❖ [1E-TNG] [Bor] ship in the game!

Call for Reinforcements does NOT give you a location, so you must obey the quadrant rule if you want to report the ship you download to an outpost. (This is how the SECURITY DL of Defend Homeworld works too.

However you can use the game text of the card you are downloading to give you a place to report as well. Borg Scout Ship can be downloaded but must obey the quadrant rule. You cannot use the "report with crew" option to play it elsewhere because report with crew ships/personnel must come from your hand, not a download (see Report With Crew in the Glossary). Borg Sphere downloading to your Cube seems like the only way to do this without obey quadrant rule to an outpost.
Last edited by Takket on Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
hm yeah, i guess my idea doesnt work, anybody else wouldve probably done it by now anyway.

plan was to bring enterprise-e with twbc into play to have a queen asap. But then youre unable to get more borgs into play, besides the one ❖ drone
So Id have to find a way to either get a borgcube as well or vice versa, download the enterprise somehow.

I really dont want to stuff my deck full of either Queens or Entreprises

I guess you could go the long route and go through Construct Starship, but thats veryy slow
Last edited by Ensign Q on Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
If you complete Stop First Contact, with Population 9 Billion - All Borg you can download a Borg Outpost to Earth and report personnel there because P9PAB overrides the normal outpost reporting rule.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]