This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Welcome to today's First Edition Friday Question, where you get a chance to answer questions that will help shape the future of First Edition. If you'd like to catch up on previous entries, here's a list of all of my previous Friday Questions:

31 JAN 2020 Which TOS main character needs a new card?
24 JAN 2020 What should qualify a card for the "watch list"?
17 JAN 2020: What card would you unban without changes?
10 JAN 2020: What single card would you ban to improve your game?
3 JAN 2020: What are you looking forward to in The Neutral Zone?
27 DEC 2019: How can we help you recruit new players?
20 DEC 2019: Where do you want the game to be in five years?
13 DEC 2019: Which concepts should 1E "import" from other games?
6 DEC 2019: Which couples should get a dual personnel card?
29 NOV 2019: Which old, unused 1E cards deserve some love?
22 NOV 2019: Which upcoming milestones need celebration?
15 NOV 2019: What's your favorite card image?
11 NOV 2019: What was your first 1E experience?
1 NOV 2019 What is your opinion of the "full page" policy?
25 OCT 2019: What do you want to see in a Halloween set?
18 OCT 2019: What is your favorite expansion?
11 OCT 2019: Which TNG main character needs a new card?
4 OCT 2019: Which Star Trek story needs more cards?
27 SEP 2019: How many points should [SPOILER] be worth?
20 SEP 2019: Which rules always confuse you?
13 SEP 2019: What do you think of [SPOILER]?
6 SEP 2019: Which card needs an alternate image (AI)?
30 AUG 2019: Which characteristic needs love?

Welcome to the first ever Friday Question in February of 2020. Today, I want to move away from the minutiae of cards and formats and talk about the property that brought us all together - Star Trek. No particular series or character, but the shows themselves.

What's your favorite episode of Star Trek?

For this question, I don't mean any particular show, I mean the body of work we all lump under Star Trek. What's your absolute favorite episode across all eight (8) series? Do you adore the campy fun of "Shore Leave"? The emotional impact of "The Inner Light"? The moral implications of "In the Pale Moonlight"? The unique point of view of "Distant Origins"? The sci-fi twists and turns of "Twilight"? The Animated Series isn't as well known, but there are some excellent stories amidst those few episodes. And both Discovery and Picard are young and in progress, but have they generated some beloved episodes?

Let us know what your favorite episode of any Star Trek is. Tell us why. And take some time to watch, or re-watch, other people's favorites. You might discover a new favorite in the process.

-crp

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
well, before i name it, the
why is...

Becaue it is about overcoming the enemy image instead of beating the enemy...

like discoverys last season 1 episode: "Will You Take My Hand?"

or, even if not an episode, but surly a favorit of mine:
[CF] Star Trek 6 - The undiscovered country.

Unfortunatly despit star trek humanstic origin, those times are far to less. even in the 2 named there is also a lot of violance. At the moment i like the Orville, because its a bright future, like next gen.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
It's not a surprising one, but "All Good Things."

If there has ever been an episode that better captured the essence of what Star Trek is, I'm not aware of it. And it delivered a rip-roaring story and a marvelous good-bye to a beloved crew, to boot! We laughed, we cried, we believed in what Star Trek stood for.

"For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you had never considered. That is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities... of existence." (video)

THAT is STAR TREK, my friends. Gene Roddenberry took us to space so we could better understand ourselves. And, every once in a while, for one fraction of a second, we do. The end.

See you... out there.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I inherited my Trek fandom from my mother, who was a Day 1 Trekkie. It's probably not surprising that her favorite is also mine.

Journey to Babel.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Spectre of the Gun -TOS. I love the old west feel of the episode and it truly shows the power of the Vulcan mind.

This is followed closely by Relics -TNG, because Montgomery Scott!

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I always liked Far Beyond The Stars (DS9). It had a good story making it totally meta as Star Trek was used to do social commentary through Scify back in the days and now doing it unmasked through the use of a dream sequence was brilliant. =)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
There's so many good choices! To limit myself to just two... "The Visitor" and "All Good Things". All Good Things is a great mission statement for all of Trek and a fantastic bookend to TNG that retroactively made every episode before a little better, and I can't watch The Visitor without more than a few treats coming to my eye.

Bonus pick: Best Title (but not best episode) would be "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield", a line I quote at every opportunity.

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Wow - tough choice. I'm old enough to have seen a few original series episodes when they were first broadcast, and have been following most of the series since.

Original Series: The Doomsday Machine
The Next Generation: Yesterday's Enterprise
Deep Space Nine: In the Pale Moonlight
Voyager: Eye of the Needle
Enterprise: In a Mirror, Darkly

If pressed on which one of those is my favorite, it would have to be The Doomsday Machine. I watched other episodes first and liked them - but that was the one that made me love Trek.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]