This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Welcome to today's First Edition Friday Question, where you get a chance to answer questions that will help shape the future of First Edition. If you'd like to catch up on previous entries, here's a list of all of my previous Friday Questions:

28 FEB 2020: What are your favorite decks to play?
21 FEB 2020: Which Decipher expansion most deserves a sequel?
14 FEB 2020: Which "broken link" should be fixed first?
7 FEB 2020: What's your favorite episode of Star Trek?
31 JAN 2020: Which TOS main character needs a new card?
24 JAN 2020: What should qualify a card for the "watch list"?
17 JAN 2020: What card would you unban without changes?
10 JAN 2020: What single card would you ban to improve your game?
3 JAN 2020: What are you looking forward to in The Neutral Zone?
27 DEC 2019: How can we help you recruit new players?
20 DEC 2019: Where do you want the game to be in five years?
13 DEC 2019: Which concepts should 1E "import" from other games?
6 DEC 2019: Which couples should get a dual personnel card?
29 NOV 2019: Which old, unused 1E cards deserve some love?
22 NOV 2019: Which upcoming milestones need celebration?
15 NOV 2019: What's your favorite card image?
11 NOV 2019: What was your first 1E experience?
1 NOV 2019 What is your opinion of the "full page" policy?
25 OCT 2019: What do you want to see in a Halloween set?
18 OCT 2019: What is your favorite expansion?
11 OCT 2019: Which TNG main character needs a new card?
4 OCT 2019: Which Star Trek story needs more cards?
27 SEP 2019: How many points should [SPOILER] be worth?
20 SEP 2019: Which rules always confuse you?
13 SEP 2019: What do you think of [SPOILER]?
6 SEP 2019: Which card needs an alternate image (AI)?
30 AUG 2019: Which characteristic needs love?

Hello everyone, and welcome to this week's Friday Question. Today, I want to talk about dilemmas that are "almost good" - that are playable in some decks, in some situations, but usually get cut from your best decks. Specifically, I want to know about the space/planet - also known as dual - dilemmas that you think are almost there in terms of power.

What are your favorite "almost good" S/P dilemmas?

For this question, I want you to set aside the S/P dilemmas that are good, or that you can always include in your decks. For example, if you look at the ten (10) most popular dilemmas, seven (7) of them are S/P. Those aren't the dilemmas I want to hear about, so you can leave Dead End, Rules of Obedience, and Faux Pas off your lists.

I do want to hear about the S/P dilemmas you almost always try to use, but cut because they aren't quite good enough. Maybe they're missing a little something - a kill instead of a stop, two stops instead of one. Whatever it is, there's a reason it's almost good enough, and those are the dilemmas I want to hear about today.

So dig through your binders, pull up some recent decks you've played, or just start surfing through the site. I want to know which space/planet dilemmas you think are almost good.

Have a great weekend,

-crp
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I miss the days when Ferengi Ingenuity was good. Access Denied overall was a problem -- dat Dejaren combo can remain dead forever, thanks -- but Ferengi Ingenuity specifically was cool.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Maybe still decent, haven't used recently, used to be a favorite - Berserk Changeling
If I could just be sure of being able to attempt an opponent's mission to 'help' him make the right choice - DNA Clues
used to be decent, now seems like it'd be pretty crap - In the Pale Moonlight
Togaran, his ears open to your question - Shaka, When the Walls Fell

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Komar Possession is nice. unfortunately everyone lugs around enough Security nowadays.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Not to begrudge their moment in the sun, but their S/P-ness is at the moment elbowing out the magnificence of the original Radioactive Garbage Scow and Tarellian Plague Ship. Among others, but these two enthuse me.

I've a soft spot for Outpost Raid; two kills of your choice if you guess right! It really does feel like a common card, what with the gamble but also the potentially larger payoff compared to something that guarantees a single kill, or that kills more yet at random.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Data's Socks wrote:Not to begrudge their moment in the sun, but their S/P-ness is at the moment elbowing out the magnificence of the original Radioactive Garbage Scow and Tarellian Plague Ship. Among others, but these two enthuse me.

I've a soft spot for Outpost Raid; two kills of your choice if you guess right! It really does feel like a common card, what with the gamble but also the potentially larger payoff compared to something that guarantees a single kill, or that kills more yet at random.

yeah its a bummer the originals are S and P only.

but maybe CC gives us a couple of great S/P dualdilemma in the future? :cheersL: :cheersR:
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]