This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Daimyoshi wrote:Wait we are support to be picking the better card? I though it was which we wanted to win.
I think it's the one you want to win. Though a person's reason for wanting a particular card to win might be that it's the better card.

By Daimyoshi (Richard Steele)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:
Daimyoshi wrote:Wait we are support to be picking the better card? I though it was which we wanted to win.
I think it's the one you want to win. Though a person's reason for wanting a particular card to win might be that it's the better card.
Totally true, I was just reading the Kes thing and lots of people don't like Kes for lots of reasons. where as people like Seven because of two reasons Rimshot

Actually I think Jeri Ryan is awesome at everything she does, so bias.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Last call to vote! Voting will close in about four (4) hours - around 6 PM Pacific.

This is the only March Madness we're going to get this year, go get your votes in!

-crp
 -  
Prophet
Oh boy, there were a couple of doozies in Round 2. Before we kick off the Sweet 16 tomorrow, let's take a look at see how the Round of 32 shook out:

Alpha/Beta Division
Dr. McCoy (1) trounced Penk (9), 34-6.
Vash (The Next Generation) (5) just edged past Jonathan Archer (Cold Front) in overtime, winning 21-20.
James T. Kirk (6) won the Battle of the Nexus over Guinan (3), 21-19.
Vekor (2) commanded respect in her defeat of Taitt (7), 28-12.
Ezri (8) proved too much for Samuel T. Cogley (16) to bear, winning 34-6.
Vina (4) kept Sascha Money (12) out of the next round with her win, 25-15.
Sergey and Helena held on to win over Ensign O'Brien (14), 23-17.
Mr. Scott (2) was vastly superior to Charles Tucker III, dominating in a 34-6 win.

Gamma/Delta Division
Christopher Pike (1) commanded the game over Ensign Chekov (9) with a 32-11 win.
Admiral Riker (5) obliterated Nurse Chapel (4) in a dominating 38-5 victory.
Captain Kirk (The Cage) (6) proved youth over experience in his win over Maxwell Forrest, 26-17.
Seven of Nine (15) upset Jean-Luc Picard (10) with a stunning 23-20 victory.
Mr. Spock (1) kept the game entirely away from The Keeper (8), 39-4.
Neelix (5) was more than a match for Lt. Bailey (4), winning 34-9.
Lt. Sulu (The Cage) (11) held Ruk (3) at bay to win in an upset, 25-18.
Chakotay (15) defeated the favorite V'Las (7) in a stunning win, 25-18.

Check for the link to the poll for the Sweet 16 tomorrow. Can anyone stop Dr. McCoy?!?

-crp
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
FYI, the image for 7 of 9 in the poll is actually Vina. So, Vina is showing up as an image twice in the link. Thanks for running this, Charlie!
 -  
Prophet
LORE wrote:FYI, the image for 7 of 9 in the poll is actually Vina. So, Vina is showing up as an image twice in the link. Thanks for running this, Charlie!
Gah, I'll fix that.

-crp
 -  
Prophet
I keep wanting to break in with SportsCenter like updates. But given that I haven't done that so far, I will refrain. But it's something to think about next year, if we do this again.

-crp
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:I keep wanting to break in with SportsCenter like updates. But given that I haven't done that so far, I will refrain. But it's something to think about next year, if we do this again.

-crp
Next year, I suggest doing my very very stupid idea that I never got around to actually setting up:

Do the same thing but with 64 cards from the cut file. Winner gets put into a playtest file.

Everyone gets a good laugh at some of the crazier cards in there (The Jem'Hadarazad), the community gets a look "behind the curtain" at how messy and iterative the design process actually is, and Design gets to find out which cards maybe had a stronger constituency from the public than expected.

(Also: GEEZE it's a ton of work to run one of these. I didn't realize until I tried!)
 -  
Prophet
BCSWowbagger wrote:(Also: GEEZE it's a ton of work to run one of these. I didn't realize until I tried!)
:thumbsup:

-crp

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:I keep wanting to break in with SportsCenter like updates. But given that I haven't done that so far, I will refrain. But it's something to think about next year, when we do this again.
FTFY :wink:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:I keep wanting to break in with SportsCenter like updates. But given that I haven't done that so far, I will refrain. But it's something to think about next year, if we do this again.

-crp
You should call ESPN... I'm sure SportsCenter could use the content... :P
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor

-crp
Bah - no-one really covers sports until the later rounds anyway. If you've got the inclination and time, go for it!
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]