For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

<t>What episode should be used for Episodic #57?</t>

TOS 3x07 Is There in Truth No Beauty?
20%
TNG 1x13 Datalore
20%
DS9 1x06 Captive Pursuit
No votes
0%
VOY 6x24 Life Line
20%
ENT 4x01 Storm Front
40%

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Welcome to the return of Episodic at its new home, The Continuing Committee. I hope that the game will be as big of a success here as it was on Decipher.com. Since we're entering a new era, lets start up a new cycle and start fresh for the new year.

Stats to date:
MattgomeryScott - 4
The Guardian - 2
MidnightLich - 1
Mogh - 1
jjh - 2
MontgomeryScott - 1
grandnagusmorn - 1
wweist - 4

Here are the entries from last week's contest:

A)
The Guardian wrote: [Fed] 4 •I.S.S. Enterprise
Subtly Altered
[Cmd] [Stf]
Constitution Class
[TOS] [AU]
To play this ship, you must command three [TOS] [AU] personnel. You may play this ship at cost +3 to choose two missions requiring Treachery. Your opponent places the top dilemma of his or her dilemma pile beneath each of those missions. He or she may lose 5 points to prevent that.
“I command an Enterprise where officers apparently employ private henchmen among the crew. Where assassination of superiors is a common means of advancing in rank.”
[RANGE 7] [WEAPONS 7] [SHIELDS 7]
B)
ravinok wrote: [Evt] 4 •Universal Rift
To play this event you must command three Temporal cards. Discard each of those cards. Plays in your core. When you play this event, name a ship with your Transporter personnel aboard. That ship must have two [AU] personnel aboard to be staffed. Choose four of your personnel aboard your ship to gain Treachery and those personnel are Integrity -1 and Strength +1.
"One man cannot summon the future."
"But one man can change the present..."
C)
MattgomeryScott wrote: [Fed] 4 *I.S.S. Enterprise, Imperious Lady

[Cmd] [Stf]

Constitution Class.

[TOS] [AU] [Pa]

You may play this ship at cost +3 to download a unique [AU] [TOS] personnel and place them aboard this ship. Each copy of that personnel you own gains the keyword Commander: I.S.S. Enterprise. When you complete a mission requiring Treachery, if this ship is at that mission, you may kill your [AU] [TOS] personnel at this mission to score 10 points.

“These are the voyages of the warship Enterprise. It’s five-year mission – to exploit strange new worlds, to conquer new life and new civilizations, to boldly crush all that stand in the way of the Terran Empire.”

Range 8, Weapons 7, Shields 7
D)
warpaw wrote: [Evt] 4 Ion Storm Interference

To play this card you must command 3 [TOS] personnel.

You may place [AU] [TOS] personnel on this event.
Only a maximum of four personnel may exist on this event at any time.

Once per turn as your away team beams to or from a planet mission you may discard a card from hand to replace any number [TOS] personnel in that away team with their [AU] [TOS] persona, OR vice versa.

A 1E concept evolved.
E)
jjh wrote: [Fed] 1 •Janice Rand, Lying in Wait

Human
[TOS] [Pa] [AU]

[SD] 2 Anthropology [SD] 2 Treachery

You may not play this personnel at Earth or Athos IV. When your [AU] [TOS] personnel has been killed by a dilemma, you may place this personnel on that ship or planet mission and have her join that attempt. At the start of each of your turns, return this personnel to your hand.

Unscrupulous. Manipulative. Opportunistic. Janice Rand schemes for the day when her rivals are eliminated and the Empire can be hers.

Integrity 2 Cunning 7 Strength 4
F)
wweist wrote: [Evt] 4 This Is More Like It

Event

Plays in your Core
Order: Download a personnel to a ship you command with a matching commander of opposite gender present and place this card with that personnel. Treat this card as an Equipment card while present with your downloaded personnel. Return this Event to your Core if you lose control of the downloaded personnel. Discard downloaded personnel if this Event is not present with the downloaded personnel.
Order: Destroy the Event: "This Is Just Wrong" and discard this Event.

"You're the captain's woman until he says you're not."

This goes along with my Episodic #52 card.
G)
deciusmaurus wrote: Personnel – Federation
(2) • John Kyle, Careless Transporters Chief
Human
[Stf] [Pa] [AU] [SD] Archaeology [SD] Science [SD] Transporters
While this personnel is aboard an [AU] ship, you may spend three counters to download a non- [AU] [TOS] personnel and place it aboard that ship. You may do this only once each turn.
[INTEGRITY 5] [CUNNING 5] [STRENGTH 6]
“But I tried, Mister Spock, I tried”
H)
Foreman wrote: [NA] (3)Tharn - Halkan Council Member
Species - Halkan
[TOS] [AU]
Honor personnel present may not participate in engagments or combat.
Diplomacy, Geology, Leadership, Honor
Int - 8 Cun -6 Str -3
"Captain? You do have the might to force the crystals from us, of course."
"But we won't. Consider that."

Remember to vote with your entry!

The point of this contest is simple. Each week, you'll get an episode title randomly pulled from the episodes of each of the five Star Trek television series. Your job is to make a card - any card - based on that episode. You can make any card type, from dilemma to mission to ship, as long as it draws from that episode. I'll provide a brief summary of the episode, just in case you can't quite remember it.

Each month, the participant with the highest score will get a random rare/foil (I'm working on this) - guaranteed.

So, ready to play?

Episodic #55: Season 5 TNG's Power Play
Troi, Data, & O'Brien are taken over by disembodied entities trying to make a jail break from a prison planet.

Don't forget, these entries are due Midnight EST Sunday, February 24th, 2008. Have fun and good luck!

Next: The Counsil
Last edited by wweist on Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

By warpaw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Int] Spiritual Transformation

To play this [Int] you must have at least 5 points. Once per turn may lose 5 points to replace up to three personnel present at one location with a persona of a different affiliation from your hand.
Last edited by warpaw on Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
VOTE G

[NA] 0 • Deanna Troi, "Spirit" of Captain Bryce Shumar

Betazoid/Human
[TNG]

[SD] Anthropology [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Telepathy [SD] 2 Treachery

To play this personnel, place your non-Treachery personnel at this mission in your opponent’s brig. You may play this personnel at your planet mission.

"Are you ready to cooperate?"

Integrity 2 Cunning 7 Strength 8
Last edited by jjh on Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Vote:A

[Fed] (1) Diana Giddings, Versatile Crewman
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Image:D ... ickbay.jpg
Human
[Stf]
[TNG]
[SD] Biology [SD] Engineer [SD] Medical [SD] Physics [SD] Science
If this personnel uses a skill to complete a mission lose 5 points.

Diana Giddings served in several departments aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise. When she eventually realised her passion for medicine, she accepted a demotion so she could work in sickbay.

Int -5 Cun -6 Str -5

Note: Check her out on memory alpha, interesting extra.
Last edited by Foreman on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By ravinok
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Vote A
[NA] 5 Data, Possessed
Android
[Stf]
[SD] Engineer [SD] Programming [SD] Security [SD] Transporters [SD] Treachery
Order - Discard the top card of your deck to begin combat involving your Treachery personnel. If you win, randomly select an opponent's personnel to be placed in your brig.
"Tell them to stop or I will kill everyone in this room, starting with you!"
Integrity: 3 Cunning: 8 Strength: 10
Last edited by ravinok on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Vote C

Event
(2) Hostages
To play this event, you must command three [TNG] personnel. When a [P] or [S] dilemma you own is about to stop an opponent's personnel, you may destroy this event to place that personnel into your brig instead.
Last edited by deciusmaurus on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Vote A:

[S] 3 Power Play

Dilemma

Consume: 2
Randomly select three personnel. They cannot use their skills while facing this dilemma. Unless you have Engineering,Medical,and Programming or 2 Honour and Integrity > 38, those personnel are returned to their owner’s hand.

"If you each know the officers you inhabit, then you know they're equally ready to give their lives for this ship."
Last edited by MattgomeryScott on Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Vote: E

[SF] 3 •U.S.S. Essex, NCC-173
[Cmd]
Daedalus-class
[Pa]
May report to a headquarters with 4 [TOS] personnel present
Takes damage if Total of Range 7 is used in one turn

Range: 7 Weapons: 3 Shields: 5
Last edited by wweist on Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
[Evt] 0 •Pattern Buffers
Event
Plays on your planet mission. While you have a ship at that mission, while your personnel on that planet is attempting a mission, you may discard a card from hand to place that personnel aboard that ship. (He or she is no longer involved in the attempt.)
Last edited by MidnightLich on Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:[Evt] 0 •Pattern Buffers
Event
Plays on your planet mission. While you have a ship at that mission, while your personnel on that planet is attempting a mission, you may discard a card from hand to place that personnel aboard that ship. (He or she is no longer involved in the attempt.)
Midnight Lich, you aren't running episodic anymore, so you need to vote. :D
Last edited by MattgomeryScott on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
MattgomeryScott wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:[Evt] 0 •Pattern Buffers
Event
Midnight Lich, you aren't running episodic anymore, so you need to vote. :D
Ha!
I vote E!

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Vote G.

[Evt] 1 •Containment Field
Plays in your core. When a card downloads any number of cards, that card’s owner must place the downloaded cards on this event instead. At the beginning of each player’s turn, that player may take a card he or she owns on this event into hand.
“This anionic energy seems to be vulnerable to the same magnetic flux density we monitored in the storms. If I can duplicate that, we can trap it once it's out of our people.”

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.