For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Greetings all!

The Return to Talos IV (RTT4) series comes back in a big way on May 1st!

After taking the month of April off to make room for the Regional, we pick back up with a SECOND Golden Age: 1999 OTF Constructed event!

That's right, the first one went over so well that I received multiple requests for an encore, so here it is!

As a reminder, the card pool is Premiere through Rules of Acquisition. In the last event, Feds finished in the top two spots (yours truly teamed them with Cardassians, while Spectre9 ran straight blue) with Cardassians very well represented in the field, though 3 different decks paired them with 3 different affiliations.

Will blue dominate again? Will the Klingons make an appearance this time? Will the Ferengi show up and wheel and deal their way to victory? Only one way to find out: get registered today!

I look forward to seeing everyone on May 1st! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Giving this the two weeks out bump. We already have 6 players registered, but there's always room for more!

If you haven't tried this format I highly encourage it - it's a lot of fun!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I see that James's promo has gotten a few more people registered. That's awesome!

Since we're over 8 people (currently 10 as of this writing), were going to expand this event to 4 rounds! Please plan accordingly!

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
As per request, and discussed in discord:
In lackey you can create card pools, same as if getting a card pool send from the TD in a sealed lackey event.
You can do the same for these limited formats; with all the card up to set X.
A lot easier to build then
I can see if I could create that for this event actually... I think it will be a reoccurring event anyway, based on the popularity.
I realized card pool is a bit inconvenient way to do it, and the last time I did this (talos IV early 2010’s), I setup special format for each event, or simply hacked my own local card db file to only show cards of the format.
So instead, I have made a “branch” from latest plugin which support “Golden Age” format, as a format possible to select in Lackey (alongside the normal ones like OTF, traditional, etc)

How I would go about "special format" setup like this is to make a "clone" of the startrek1e plugin folder in LackeyCCG (simply copy and name something else, e.g. startrek1e_GA in this case).

Then replace the two files I link below in that folder, go to Lackey and load the "new" plugin ("Browse for installed plugins"), and viola, you will be able to select "Golden Age" as a format".

Note that this will break decks in .dek format, so import and export decks to .txt to not break the decks (no name changes made, this this should not lose any cards in the decks themselves).

Here are the files:

Physical.txt
Plase this file in the sets folder ("LackeyCCG\plugins\startrek1e_GA\sets\")

formats.txt
Plase this file in the root plugin folder ("LackeyCCG\plugins\startrek1e_GA\")

This is not extensively tested, but if you like to give it a go feel free.

Hope it can be of some help to late deck builders for the online tournament. :)

As this is a adhoc pre-release, I am not placing this in the normal Lackey thread yet. If it tests ok and people find some use of this format, I might also copy that over there.

Let me know if things are not working as expected, I'll try to monitor if people run into trouble. Fastest is typically to ping me on discord, I have the same user name there.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
So after some last minute changes of plans (not to be confused with A Change of Plans... :wink: ) we ended up with 6 players, so we're reverting to 3 rounds.

Here are your round 1 pairings:

Bruce Parrish (Captain Parrish) vs. Jason Robinette (JasonRed3)

Austin Chandler (Darksabre) vs. Niall Matthew (Sexecutioner)

Stephen P (Spectre9) vs. Charlie Plaine (Midnightlich)

Please try to have your results in by next Saturday (May 9, 2020). If we get all results before then I'll start the next round early.

Good luck, everyone, and have fun! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Tue May 12, 2020 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
First Edition Balance Manager
By JasonRed3 (Jason Robinette)
 - First Edition Balance Manager
 -  
Spectre9 wrote:Disappointed to go from 10 to 6.

Wouldn't have minded knowing about the extreme drop in numbers before deciding if I wanted to push ahead myself. I mean we could have delayed if there was genuine issues with some of the players be able to play.
This is very disappointing to me as well :(
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation