This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Even if it's been years if not decades since you've been an actual noob, we're all still capable of noob moments. So what's your most recent ones (or some really funny ones).

I still clearly recall the time I seeded Archer at a space mission. As soon as my friend pointed out it was a mis-seed, I got a mental image of the poor guy helplessly floating in space uselessly trying to fire arrows at the Enterprise.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Last tournament I seeded a complete planet combo at a space Mission. It was the first time in my life and I cannot understand how that could happen... Maybe it was a Borg-telepathy-Trick from my opponent... Or a big planet was pictured on the space Mission... whatever.

The whole match was frustrating. While my opponent was attempting he just says: adapt, adapt, adapt, missseed, missseed, missseed, adapt, adapt, adapt - game over...

yay...
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Enabran wrote:Last tournament I seeded a complete planet combo at a space Mission. It was the first time in my life and I cannot understand how that could happen... Maybe it was a Borg-telepathy-Trick from my opponent... Or a big planet was pictured on the space Mission... whatever.

The whole match was frustrating. While my opponent was attempting he just says: adapt, adapt, adapt, missseed, missseed, missseed, adapt, adapt, adapt - game over...

yay...
There was an errata a few years back of Reported Activity that did accidentally state it was space not planet.

My own newb incident was in the NZ Release Event when I seeded Temporal Benefactor with Lt Uhura to try and make Barbara gain her skills - not realising that it only worked for Uniques. Played the rest of the event with just the 29 seeds. D’oh!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
My entire last game against Niall was full of n00b mistakes.

Tried to play a 2nd T'Ong, forgetting it was unique

STPed back the 1st one to do that, then couldn't play any [1E-AU] personnel.

That game was quite the cluster on my part. Niall was very kind.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
after cleaning my cards up from a game, i left my defend homeworld in the draw deck. didn't discover this until i tried to DL a security and........ where is it????????? While doing so i discovered one of my hidden agendas was actually my Assign Support Personnel. Technically that should have lost me the game but i'll admit i just surreptitiously flipped it over while my opponent was taking their turn lol but i was out of luck on the Defend homeworld.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:after cleaning my cards up from a game, i left my defend homeworld in the draw deck. didn't discover this until i tried to DL a security and........ where is it????????? While doing so i discovered one of my hidden agendas was actually my Assign Support Personnel. Technically that should have lost me the game but i'll admit i just surreptitiously flipped it over while my opponent was taking their turn lol but i was out of luck on the Defend homeworld.
So what you're saying is.... YOU'RE A DIRTY CHEATER! That about right? :wink:

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Takket wrote:after cleaning my cards up from a game, i left my defend homeworld in the draw deck. didn't discover this until i tried to DL a security and........ where is it????????? While doing so i discovered one of my hidden agendas was actually my Assign Support Personnel. Technically that should have lost me the game but i'll admit i just surreptitiously flipped it over while my opponent was taking their turn lol but i was out of luck on the Defend homeworld.
hey... i shower every day!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:
Armus wrote:
hey... i shower every day!
Fair enough.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Every single time I play The Final Frontier -- which is a lot, honestly -- I forget that Ensign O'Brien, Lt. Dax, TwT Odo, and the rest of the DS9 TOS Crew don't have [1E-AU] and can't report for free.

I don't know how or why I keep forgetting this. I don't mind telling you that I'm the guy who argued that this restriction should go on the card! It's important for story! It's healthy for balance! But I play it wrong every. single. time. And then my opponent calls me out on it. And then I apologize for being an idiot again.

So if you happen to play me in a game where I'm running The Final Frontier, please do watch out for this and call me out on it. It's my job, not your job, but I'm terrible at it and you deserve a fair game.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Posted about this before, but I was playtesting against myself and sent my Jem'Hadar over to a Klingon ship to do battle. Next turn, I (now as the Klingon player) took one look at the situation and cloaked the ship, stranding the strike team aboard. Previous me didn't see that coming.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jean-Pierre who downloaded a card into his hand and then shuffled his ~120 cards deck. Then he was desperately looking for his hand ... he incidentially shuffled it in his deck. LOL

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Jean-Pierre who downloaded a card into his hand and then shuffled his ~120 cards deck. Then he was desperately looking for his hand ... he incidentially shuffled it in his deck. LOL
What do you do in a case like that?

I'd imagine forfeit since you can't prove which cards were in your hand.
Question for noob

It allows that personnel to mix. So if you play Fe[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]