Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Welcome to the thread where you get to nominate dilemmas that you want to see in the next set of tournament promos!

As I described in the original thread, the Department of Second Edition needs to get to picking the next set of tournament promos, which will roll out in January 2021. I thought it would be fun to have you guys do most of the work in picking this set of promos - so that's what we're going to do.

After the result of the initial vote on card types, we've decided there is going to be one (1) dilemma in this set of promos. In this thread, you get to nominate dilemmas that you want to see given the virtual foil, alternate image treatment. Each of you can reply to this post with one (1) dilemma you want to see turned into an AI foil. This thread will remain open for one week accepting nominations. If someone else has already nominated your choice, you can edit your post to make another one. Additional nominations for the same dilemma will have no effect.

After nominations are closed, we'll post a series of polls to let you vote on the dilemmas that you want to see advanced to the final round. As we're limited to ten (10) poll options per thread, we'll have to do a preliminary round of voting and then a final - assuming we get more than ten (10) cards nominated.

Anyway, please go ahead and make your nominations. Remember, you only get to nominate one (1) dilemma each - if you nominate more than one, I'll take the top post. And don't worry about making suggestions about story and images - that will come later!

Here's a list of all of the sixteen (16) dilemmas nominated so far (updated 24 July 2020):

Broken Captive
Chula: The Game
Friendly Fire
Frame of Mind
Infestation
Once More Unto the Breach
Outclassed
Pest Control
Prefix Codes
Reflections
Show Trial
Skeleton Crew
The Conscience of the King
Upstaged
V'Ger
Vault of Tomorrow

-crp

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I'm looking for a card which stays face-up, doesn't already have an AI and for which I could envision at least one potential AI. I nominate...

Prefix Codes

As a damage marker, it can stay in play. For alternate pictures, it could could show the actual numbers or the read-out on the Reliant with the shields dropping. (Not saying that it has to be one of those, just that I know "can't find an alternate picture" won't be an obstacle.)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
GooeyChewie wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:Skeleton Crew
I could have sworn that card had an AI. I think I get mixed up because it has the foil version that I make sure not to accidentally put in my decks.
It doesn't and that irks me whenever I play a Virtual event.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Prefect wrote:I agree that the dilemma should be something that stays face up:

The Conscience of the King
In some ways I think face-up is actually the worst since people typically players equate images with a card and having an AI with an active effect can cause confusion. On the other hand, they are pretty so... /shrug

First: Michael Burnham Last: Saru

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]