For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

<t>Vote for the Winner of July's Challenge "Roll for initiative!"</t>

Mechanized Sentinel
No votes
0%
Dungeons and Dragons
22%
Sheila, The Thief
No votes
0%
Player's Handbook
33%
I.K.S. Cha'Joh, Opportunistic Predator
No votes
0%
Way of the Warrior
11%
Illusionary Witches
11%
Gary Gygax
11%
Adventure
11%

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Welcome to the seventh season of the monthly Thematic Challenges! For those who are new to this, this challenge was started in 2011 by MattgomeryScott and was rebooted by me in 2019. Every month I will announce a topic or theme and everyone may create a dream card during that month and post it in the month's thread. Voting will be done during the next month. Everyone is invited to join and we appreciate every single submission. At the end of the year, there will be a little bit more demanding challenge and we will announce the overall winner of the season.

This season I would like to give polls a try to vote for the entries. I hope we will get some more votes and overall participation as everyone is welcome to vote for one of previous month's entries.

And as always, feel free to contact me as I am always looking for feedback and ways to improve this.

These are the entries from last month's challenge.
  1. [P] Mechanized Sentinel
    Some missions come rife with scientific conundrums. Some require sneaking past a dragon to steal a priceless artifact from a secret castle. The days are varied.
    Unless 2 Security and Strength > 42 OR Garumba, a Thief, and an [Art] in away team, discard an [Equ] and randomly select a personnel to be killed.
  2. [Evt] (2) •Dungeons and Dragons
    Holoprogram. Plays in your core. Anthropology personnel gain Medical. Leadership personnel gain Security. Science personnel gain Telepathy. Acquisition personnel gain Thief.
    Clerics, fighters, wizards, and rogues.
  3. [NA] (1) •Sheila, The Thief
    [E] [Pa] Human
    [SD] Anthropology [SD] Honor [SD] Medical
    Thief. You may play this personnel at cost +1 to download Bobby. While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may exclude her from random selections.
    After being transported to "The Realm" with her friends and Bobby, her younger brother, Sheila was given a cloak of invisibility, and later became skilled with curative potions.
    Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 4
  4. [Art] Player's Handbook
    Disclaimer: For safe utilization of elemental magic, remember the following guidelines. You can drink water but not fire. You can breathe air but not earth. You can walk on earth but not on water (unless you have the right pair of boots or spell). You can do a lot of things with fire, but almost all of them are bad ideas.
    Use as an Equipment card. Your Youth personnel without special skills present are all attributes +2 and add all one additional regular skill. (Select at the beginning of your turn; may re-select once each turn.)
  5. [Kli] (6) •I.K.S. Cha'Joh, Opportunistic Predator
    [Cmd] [Cmd] D-12 Class
    Cloaking Device. This ship is attributes +2 for each Klingon 2 Treachery personnel aboard (limit +4)
    When a random selection is made at this mission, you may lose 5 points to ignore its result and select again. You may do this only once each turn.
    Multi-role bird of prey command by the Sisters of Duras in their quest to obtain weapons and funds to seize control of the Klingon Empire.
    Range 6 Weapons 6 Shields 5
  6. [Int] Way of the Warrior
    Assault. Maneuver. When combat or an engagement begins, each of your [Kli] cards are attributes +1 until the end of this turn.
    "As time passes, a boy inevitably becomes a man. What is not inevitable, is that a man become a warrior. A warrior must be forged like a sword, tempered by xp."
  7. [D] Illusionary Witches
    [1E-AU]
    Remember the curse!
    "Stops" all [1E-AU] personnel present. If no personnel are "stopped", one random personnel is killed. To get past requires Anthropology and Law remaining.
  8. [Fed]Gary Gygax
    CIVILIAN [Holo]
    One of the various historical figures recreated by Data on the holodeck. Often suggests other games to play during poker night. "Hello! It is... nice to meet you!"
    [SD] Roll 3d6 when reporting for duty. First roll = X. Second roll = Y. Third roll = Z.
    Integrity 5+X Cunning 5+Y Strength 5+Z
  9. [P] Adventure
    Roll a d6; 1-2: Integrity, 3-4: Cunning, 5-6 Strength.
    Roll a second d6; unless you have 10 times the result of your second d6 of the attribute as a result of your first d6, all your personnel are stopped. Your opponent randomly selects a personnel from his or her discard pile; unless you have the skills on that personnel, this dilemma returns to its owner's dilemma pile.

These are the winners from last month's challenge.
  1. Ruk, Mysterious and Spooky (4)
  2. Lewis Zimmerman, Father of Modern Holography (2)
  3. Time's Arrow (1)
    Tom Servo's Used Robots (1)
    Warhead (1)
    Vic Fontaine, Brighter Than He Appears (1)
    Shore Leave (1)

This is the overall scoreboard of this season.
Armus 12 (+1)
Danny 11 (+1)
MattgomeryScott 7 (+4)
HoodieDM 7 (+1)
Naetor 6
Pazuzu 5
WeyounsLastClone 4 (+1)
Cartagia 3
rferries 3 (+2)
winterflames 2 (+1)

All kinds of sealed Boosters, buttons and promo foil cards from my collection. The specific distribution will be announced later this year.

January 2020: The Greatest Minds
February 2020: Armada
March 2020: Lady Crush
April 2020: DIY
May 2020: Talk Like Yoda
June 2020: Artificial Intelligence
July 2020: Roll for initiative!

Thematic Challenge VII 08: I Smell Bacon

Create a Star Trek CCG card about cooks or cooking.

No special background for this months challenge.

DEADLINE 31th August 2020

Sneak peak for September's challenge: What about second breakfast?
Last edited by Pazuzu on Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Fed] 3 •Joseph Sisko, Visiting Father
[DS9] Human
•2 Anthropology •Biology •Diplomacy •Honor
While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may stop him to unstop one of your other personnel present. That personnel joins the mission attempt and is attributes +1 for the rest of the turn.
"I didn't come here to be entertained. I came to see you and Jake."
Integrity 7 Cunning 6 Strength 3

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Cartagia wrote:
Thematic Challenge VII 08: I Smell Bacon

Create a Star Trek CCG card about cooks or cooking.

No special background for this months challenge.

DEADLINE 31th July 2020
August 31, I assume?
Fixed it :)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Wow. Wasn't expecting Ruk to be that popular! :D

My Entry:

[Inc] Cooking With Neelix

Plays on your ship (for free if U.S.S. Voyager.) (Unique) Your compatible cooks may report aboard (for free once each turn.) Once each turn, if your personnel is present with your cook aboard this ship you may stop both to try a new recipe (probe.)

[Int] [Stf] Interesting: Draw one card.
[Door] [NA] You've got to try this: Play one matching personnel aboard this ship.
[Art] [HA] Needs something extra: Download one non-personnel card.
[Cmd] [KW] Even-better-than-coffee substitute: Discard a card.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Equ] Chef's Knife
Traditional kitchen utensil that comes in all sort of forms and shapes depending on the cuisine and the chef's preferences. In the hands of a skilled cook can be used as a blade weapon. Cuts more than bread.
Cooks use only. Reports for free to any cook. Each of your cooks present is STRENGTH +2 and in each battle one of them may mortally wound one adversary they just engaged.

By Blueshift
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
[Int] Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

„Now perhaps you can tell me what was so important that it required depriving the Captain of his cup of Earl Grey?“

Countdown: 1 Turn

Place on any card except [Int] . All card effects are suspended until countdown expires (stopped if personal or ship). (Captain‘s order) (Unique)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Pazuzu wrote:Hello Blueshift and welcome to the forums and the monthly thematic challenges! That's a really cool submission you got there. I do like this idea!
Me too. A fine first post and entry. Welcome to the forums Blueshift.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

EDIT: Please accept my sincere apologies for the unfortunate typo, which is now corrected. And thanks Danny for pointing it out.
Last edited by MattgomeryScott on Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Int] A dish best served cold
Ferengi tradition states that tubegrubs are best served chilled, with or without millipede sauce.
Plays on your Ferengi cook or any Moogie. The next time they score points or leave play, you may place this card in your opponent's point area.
[-5 pts]

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[SF] (3) •"Chef", The Best in Starfleet
Human
[Pa]
•Anthropology •Biology •Science
Waiter.
If you have played an Enterprise or Commander: Enterprise personnel this turn, you may play this personnel at cost -2. If this personnel is aboard your Enterprise, your [SF] personnel present are attributes +1.
"I heard the Captain had to call in a lot of favours to get him on board."
INT 5 CUN 6 STR 5

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Since These are the Voyages was on last night....

[SF] (3) •William T. Riker
"Chef"
Human
[Cmd] [SD] Anthropology [SD] Biology [SD] Honor [SD] Officer
[TNG] When you play this personnel you may download Not Easily Destroyed. Your [SF] personnel present replace their species with Hologram.
Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 6
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]