This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Welcome to today's First Edition Friday Question, where you get a chance to answer questions that will help shape the future of First Edition. If you'd like to catch up on previous entries, here's a list of all of my previous Friday Questions:

31 JULY 2020: Which boutique expansion should we make first?
24 JULY 2020: Do you want to see Xindi introduced to 1E?
17 JULY 2020: What makes a good expansion name?
10 JULY 2020: What would make good theme packs in a Cube draft?
3 JULY 2020: What would be a good name for a Klingon?
26 JUNE 2020: Which card story needs a "do over"?
19 JUNE 2020: Which card do you most want to see added?
12 JUNE 2020: Why do you play First Edition?
5 JUNE 2020: What is 1E's biggest barrier to entry?
29 MAY 2020: What do you think of [SPOILER], a potential card from Project Londo?
22 MAY 2020: What is the worst affiliation in the game?
15 MAY 2020: Should bans be effective immediately?
8 MAY 2020: Which episode should inspire a boutique expansion?
1 MAY 2020: What was the best Star Trek gift you ever received?
24 APR 2020: How often do your [BB] dilemmas get scouted?
17 APR 2020: What do you want to know about how we work?
10 APR 2020: Should we make animated series cards?
3 APR 2020: Should we make more Tribbles/Troubles?
27 MAR 2020: Should we develop new [Q] cards?
20 MAR 2020: What regions should we focus on in the future?
13 MAR 2020: How would you feel about 1E adding extra "bits"?
6 MAR 2020: What are your favorite "almost good" S/P dilemmas?
28 FEB 2020: What are your favorite decks to play?
21 FEB 2020: Which Decipher expansion most deserves a sequel?
14 FEB 2020: Which "broken link" should be fixed first?
7 FEB 2020: What's your favorite episode of Star Trek?
31 JAN 2020: Which TOS main character needs a new card?
24 JAN 2020: What should qualify a card for the "watch list"?
17 JAN 2020: What card would you unban without changes?
10 JAN 2020: What single card would you ban to improve your game?
3 JAN 2020: What are you looking forward to in The Neutral Zone?
27 DEC 2019: How can we help you recruit new players?
20 DEC 2019: Where do you want the game to be in five years?
13 DEC 2019: Which concepts should 1E "import" from other games?
6 DEC 2019: Which couples should get a dual personnel card?
29 NOV 2019: Which old, unused 1E cards deserve some love?
22 NOV 2019: Which upcoming milestones need celebration?
15 NOV 2019: What's your favorite card image?
11 NOV 2019: What was your first 1E experience?
1 NOV 2019 What is your opinion of the "full page" policy?
25 OCT 2019: What do you want to see in a Halloween set?
18 OCT 2019: What is your favorite expansion?
11 OCT 2019: Which TNG main character needs a new card?
4 OCT 2019: Which Star Trek story needs more cards?
27 SEP 2019: How many points should [SPOILER] be worth?
20 SEP 2019: Which rules always confuse you?
13 SEP 2019: What do you think of [SPOILER]?
6 SEP 2019: Which card needs an alternate image (AI)?
30 AUG 2019: Which characteristic needs love?

Happy Friday! Thank you all for your votes on last week's question about boutique expansions. Because of you, we'll be putting a [1E-DS9] [Kli] boutique into design soon and I'll be able to share more about that in a future project status update. But you should be excited, because you directly contributed to the future of 1E. You do that all the time actually, but often in more subtle or intangible ways. This time, it was direct and you will see the results in the semi-near future.

This week, I want to talk about ships; specifically, I want to know which ship you feel needs a new card. In this question, I'm specifically asking about ships that already have a card, but for whatever reason, you find it lacking. Perhaps the existing image isn't a good one, or the existing card is a poor match for the flavor. Maybe, you just want to see a favorite ship in a different affiliation's color.

Whatever your reason might be, I am very curious to know which ships in game you'd like to see get a new card in the future. And please, do explain your reasoning, as it's invaluable to know not just what you guys want, but why you want it.

Have a fantastic weekend. Jon Carter (pfti) is hosting his (not a) World Championship online, starting on Monday, August 10th. You can pre-register now, and be part of this event that is sporting a ton of prizes. But no matter what you do, be safe and be sane. I'll see you all again next week.

-crp

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I guess I'd say Enterprise-C. She only gets one card and it's... kinda unplayable? It was such an iconic moment in TNG, not to mention the history of the Federation, that it seems a shame there's no real good version of her.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
VioletBlaze wrote:I guess I'd say Enterprise-C. She only gets one card and it's... kinda unplayable? It was such an iconic moment in TNG, not to mention the history of the Federation, that it seems a shame there's no real good version of her.
Darn, here I was coming to make a crack that we just don't have enough ships named Enterprise... and someone beats me to it with a really good argument. :cheersR:

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
VioletBlaze wrote:I guess I'd say Enterprise-C. She only gets one card and it's... kinda unplayable? It was such an iconic moment in TNG, not to mention the history of the Federation, that it seems a shame there's no real good version of her.
Darn, here I was coming to make a crack that we just don't have enough ships named Enterprise... and someone beats me to it with a really good argument. :cheersR:
The same could be said about the Enterprise-B. I mean attributes -2 for one turn upon being played is not good in a game where games can be won in a few turns and the attributes (7-6-7) are already minimal to start with and anytime the ship has it's attributes reduced be it from a tactic or a Baryon Sweep, it loses it's only special equipment. At least the Enterprise-C will always keep that Tractor Beam working.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
9of24 wrote:Borg Scout Vessel. Would like to see one with a TNG property logo.
Is that even a thing?

Then again, I suppose the FC Borg Scout Vessel wasnt really a thing either...
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:
The -C is a ship that doesn't need a new version as much as it needs support cards like a time-location and maybe an objective based on returning it to the past. I want a reason to play with my shiny reflections -C.

By Davey1983
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
9of24 wrote:Borg Scout Vessel. Would like to see one with a TNG property logo.
Is that even a thing?

Then again, I suppose the FC Borg Scout Vessel wasnt really a thing either...
The crashed borg ship in I,Borg (the TNG episode that introduces Hugh) was a scout vessel.

By Davey1983
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
TNG logo Borg Cube- i want to play 'normal' Borg with TNG cards.

A Vidiian Voyager - can create a new deck type like the kazon Voyager (the Vidiians, arguably, captured Voyager for about 10 seconds in the episode Deadlock).

Hirogen Voyager - same reason as above, can create a new deck type for Hirogen.

Borg Voyager- OK, while the first two Voyager suggestions are serious, this one I suggest only because it would be the only Delta affiliation that doesn't have a Voyager. I will not be happy until every affiliation has a native Voyager (and Enterprise, for that matter).
Last edited by Davey1983 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
A 1:1 Remake of TAHT Enterprise-C. Same text, same attributes, just in 1E Skin. The Ship was a victim to the 2eBC-holocaust.

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Enabran wrote:A 1:1 Remake of TAHT Enterprise-C. Same text, same attributes, just in 1E Skin. The Ship was a victim to the 2eBC-holocaust.
:thumbsup:

While I am generally in favor of the CC's call to discontinue the 2EBC cards, IMO they left out many cards that warrant conversion.

I would suggest doing the occasional boutique expansion that pulls some more of the 2EBC cards back into the the 1E fold ...

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
greenfelt wrote:What about the Sutherland or the Lakota?

Shoot, there's probably even an argument for a Universal Constellation-class or a Universal Sovereign-class.
I've always wanted a Lakota. An Excelsior that can keep pace with the Defiant? Yes please.

My dream card has always been the Seatak & Majestic as a dual ship cause I thought it'd be neat. Two Mirandas that get the crap kicked out of them by the Dominion always amused me.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thread winner

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]