For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

What should be card #1?

Borg Attack
No votes
0%
Ancestral Spirits
No votes
0%
Act of War
20%
Alluring Distraction
80%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Welcome to Fill in the Blank Season 3: Decipher!

Each week I'll post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s card-list.

Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the card-list, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the card-list will become more and more defined, guiding the contestants’ choices.

The theme of our set is Decipher! You're free to interpret this how you want, but in my mind, I found myself going down one of two rabbitholes, those being...
  • the secretive, possibly Intelligence based path, or
  • the keyword path (keyword's being the key to deciphering ciphers)
Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when coming up with entries.

Each week a poll will go up for the previous week's entries. Simply vote for one you like the most. In the event of a tie, I'll let a random result generator make the decision.

Last week's winner...
Resistance Raider.png
Resistance Raider.png (65.01 KiB) Viewed 944 times
Congratulations to MattgomeryScott and his Resistance Raider for becoming the nineteenth card to enter the set.

Last week's entries to pick from for Card #1...
[D] 4 Borg Attack
Persistent. (When your personnel complete this mission, this dilemma's owner may discard a non-personnel card from hand to return this dilemma to his or her dilemma pile.) Your opponent begins combat or an engagement involving their Drone at this mission. If they win, randomly select an involved personnel they do not command and place them aboard your opponent's ship at this mission. Your opponent now commands that personnel.
"RESISTANCE IS FUTILE."
[P] 4 Ancestral Spirits

This dilemma is cost -1 for each different Ritual your opponent commands.
Place this dilemma in your core. Randomly select a personnel and place him or her on this dilemma. When you complete a mission, remove this dilemma from the game and unless you have the skills of the personnel on this dilemma place him or her out of play. Otherwise, place the personnel on this dilemma on your ship.
“You have what you need to save her yourself.”

Notes:

From the Voyager episode Sacred Ground, which surprisingly hasn't been touched since Voyager was first introduced in First Edition. It's guaranteed to remove one of your personnel from this mission attempt, and might make you reconsider what personnel to make future attempts with if you want to save one of your crew from the spirits. I also thought it would be fun to tie a card about Ancestors into the Ritual keyword, so the more versed in rituals your opponent is, the easier it is for them to use it against you.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
[S] (1) Act of War
Unless you have Diplomacy, Intelligence, Law, Cunning>36 and opponent does not command this mission or one in the same region, place this in an opponent's core (he or she commands this card).
Order- Begin combat or an engagement. If you win, randomly select a personnel involved to be killed and draw cards equal to its cost. You may do this only once each turn.
"A test. A test of my loyalty. And you used me to lure the Enterprise into the Neutral Zone."
[D] (2) Alluring Distraction
Place this dilemma on this mission. When your personnel are facing random selection here, your opponent may stop his or her Dabo Girl at this mission to choose from all eligible targets instead. At the end of your turn, you may randomly select your personnel present to be returned to hand to overcome this dilemma.

This week’s contest is...

Card #11!

Card #9's an Equipment (Encryption Codes) and Card #15's a Mission (Mouth of the Wormhole, Quark's Bar), so this has fall in between. That leaves you with:
  • an [Equ] (after Encryption Codes)
  • an [Evt]
  • an [Int]
  • a [H] , [P] , or [S] mission (before Mouth of the Wormhole, Quark's Bar)
Closing date: Monday 7th September(ish - I'll see how the entries come in, and if an extension's required/requested, we'll take it from there).

Good luck!

Note: This'll be a 36 card set.

Decipher Card List
Number - Name - Type - Contestant - Week it won
1. THE SUBJECT OF THIS WEEK'S VOTE
2. Cascade Failure (Dilemma) - WeyounsLastClone - 10
5. Political Pressure (Dilemma) - WeyounsLastClone - 17
6. Regional Dispute (Dilemma) - MattgomeryScott - 4
8. Dataport (Equipment) - Naetor - 16
9. Encryption Codes (Equipment) - WeyounsLastClone - 2
11. IN CREATION THIS WEEK
15. •Mouth of the Wormhole, Quark's Bar (Mission) - Naetor - 15
17. •Rukani Sector, Commandeer Federation Vessel (Mission) - GooeyChewie - 6
19. •Borg Queen, Unique (Personnel - Borg) - rferries - 8
20. •Data, Resisting Temptation (Personnel - Borg) - rferries - 14
21. •Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone (Personnel - Borg) - MattgomeryScott - 1
22. Kanon Fodar (Personnel - Cardassian) - MattgomeryScott - 7
23. •Vornar, Loyal Glinn (Personnel - Cardassian) - Naetor - 14
24. •Alynna Nechayev, Persistent Projection (Personnel - Dominion) - WeyounsLastClone - 11
25. •Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist (Personnel - Federation) - Danny - 5
27. •Zek, Visionary (Personnel - Ferengi) - Naetor - 18
30. •Shinzon, New Power Rising (Personnel - Romulan) - Danny - 12
32. Resistance Raider (Ship - Bajoran) - MattgomeryScott - 19
33. •U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship (Ship - Federation) - GooeyChewie - 3
36. •I.S.S. Defiant, Earth Warship (Ship - Starfleet) - Naetor - 9

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] 2 Indomitable
Assault. Maneuver. To play this event, you must command three Drones. Plays in your core. When lose command of this event, place it on the bottom of your deck.
Order - Execute an order on an Abduction, Assault, or Maneuver event in your core.
"We've made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back."
Allows a Borg player to recycle their tactics.
Last edited by rferries on Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
[Evt] 3 *Dire Warning

Temporal.
Plays in your core. During each of your Play and Draw Cards segments, you may spend 1 additional counter for each Harbinger dilemma on an opponent's mission.
When your Harbinger dilemma is revealed, randomly select an opponent's personnel facing that dilemma to be stopped.
“We need to talk, captain.”

Notes:

Gives a little boost to Harbinger dilemma piles... of course there's nothing stopping you from playing it with a non-Harbinger dilemma pile just to mess with your opponent either. :shifty:

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

P.S. I wanted to use "if you go to z'ha'dum you will die" but that's the wrong universe. :wink:

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] (0) Espionage
Plays on your non- [Rom] mission worth 35 points or less. When you play this choose an opponent's mission. Your [Rom] Intelligence personnel may attempt this mission using those requirements.
Romulan spies are everywhere.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] (0) Business Priorities
Crime. To play this event, you must command a Thief or Smuggler at an opponent's mission. Place this event on that mission. When a player completes this mission, he or she loses 5 points and all other players score 5 points. When another mission is completed, remove this event from the game.
"Sorry. I'm afraid I can't leave the Badlands right now. Important business. You understand."

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[Int] Ankari Spirit Ceremony
When your Treachery personnel is facing a dilemma, choose one: each of your non-Treachery personnel are Integrity +1 until the end of the dilemma; or download two Nucleogenic cards.
"They even performed one of their sacred rituals to invoke spirits of good fortune from another realm... But these weren't spirits, they were nucleogenic life forms."
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]