A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 611 posts

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
The old wrestling stable D-Generation X turned out to be 23 years ahead of the rest of us in pandemic preparation!
Attachments:
39a61aa63a416e70eb7632a78741a266.jpg
39a61aa63a416e70eb7632a78741a266.jpg (39.08 KiB) Viewed 1803 times
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Highest grossing film for nine consecutive weeks prior to 2020? Avatar.
Highest grossing film nine consecutive weeks 2020? Trolls World Tour.

Highest grossing film week of July 12? The Empire Strikes Back.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Faithful Reader wrote: Highest grossing film week of July 12? The Empire Strikes Back.
That's because it's a good case study:
vader choke hold.jpg
vader choke hold.jpg (74.38 KiB) Viewed 1655 times
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote:Muppets in the COVID era.
Ah.. ten years ago.. the last time the Muppets were allowed to just be weird and not-Disneyified. :(

Although the Sesame Street crew has really been leaning into the whole "alone together" gag, which is pretty cool.
 -  
A young college aged man decided to throw a house party. The police broke it up and told him not to do so due to COVID. If anyone had the disease, they could spread it. He replied that he himself had tested positive. After being asked why he had the party, he said it was OK because he was staying quarantined at his house.

Didn't really get the concept of quarantine.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote:A young college aged man decided to throw a house party. The police broke it up and told him not to do so due to COVID. If anyone had the disease, they could spread it. He replied that he himself had tested positive. After being asked why he had the party, he said it was OK because he was staying quarantined at his house.

Didn't really get the concept of quarantine.
Yeah, talking about weird Muppets.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
For all the teachers doing Distance Learning thanks to COVID...
Attachments:
119249318_10157750520726304_4596351422323978601_n.jpg
119249318_10157750520726304_4596351422323978601_n.jpg (37.67 KiB) Viewed 1508 times
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Seems legit.
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:43 pm For all the teachers doing Distance Learning thanks to COVID...
I heard a story of some student who had a soundboard ready, so when the teacher asked a question and no-one answered, suddenly you'd hear crickets. :D
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Interesting thing to note; now that my husband and I don't go to our offices any more, the laundry burden is waaaaay down. We did two loads for the whole family this week.

As a side note, who's wearing fewer pairs of socks these day? I only wore two this week, which corresponded to the 2 days I went on bike rides.
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:19 pm As a side not, who's wearing fewer pairs of socks these day? I only wore two this week, which corresponded to the 2 days I went on bike rides.
Still wearing socks, but since I found out that you can't read my t-shirts on webcam, the dress shirts haven't seen much wear. ;)
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Same. I had a student get excited one day this summer when he thought my shirt with Hazardous Materials on it was a Magic Card. Once the semester was over, I sent him the link to here, but I don't think he took the bait.

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:19 pm Interesting thing to note; now that my husband and I don't go to our offices any more, the laundry burden is waaaaay down. We did two loads for the whole family this week.

As a side note, who's wearing fewer pairs of socks these day? I only wore two this week, which corresponded to the 2 days I went on bike rides.
Laundry has had no change for me. I do run the dishwasher much more often and go through paper towels much faster. On the flip side, I have only gone to the gas station three times in the past five months.
 -  
I got a false positive of 104 today! Apparently, someone else got a 90. Though that isn't over a normal temperature so they should have been good, right?

Also, a local preschool did a fire drill and a driver was irked by a lot of the kids didn't have a mask on. This person shouted at the kids and adults while driving around the building. Multiple times. It got bad enough that the staff eventually brought the kids in early. Police explained to this guy that kids three or under didn't need a mask.
Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]