This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Armus asked me for a spoiler, and I'm not quite ready to do that yet. But I can give you all a little hint or two. So let's play 2 Truths and a Lie. If you aren't familiar with it, this game presents you with three statements - two (2) are true, and one (1) is false. Your job is to guess or otherwise determine which statement is the lie.

So here are 2 Truths and a Lie about A Private Little War:

- There is exactly one (1) personnel that does not have the Star Trek property logo.
- There is exactly one (1) [Rom] personnel.
- There is exactly one (1) [Vul] personnel.

So reply to this post and let me know which one you think is the lie! If the majority gets this correct, I'll post a spoiler for you. If not... then maybe we'll play again. And post your reasoning in this thread, see if you can sway other people!

-crp

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:38 pm - There is exactly one (1) [Vul] personnel.
I believe it is too soon for more [Vul], especially when that affiliation is so strong seated in the [22] .

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:49 pm
MidnightLich wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:38 pm - There is exactly one (1) [Vul] personnel.
I believe it is too soon for more [Vul], especially when that affiliation is so strong seated in the [22] .
I'm not so sure about this... Charlie did say yes when I asked him if there were any "off color" nouns (i.e., not [Fed] , [Kli] , [1E-Rom] ,or [NA] ).
 -  
Prophet
Here is where the tally is, according to my quick count:
MidnightLich wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:38 pm - There is exactly one (1) personnel that does not have the Star Trek property logo. - 1 VOTE
- There is exactly one (1) [Rom] personnel. - 2 VOTES
- There is exactly one (1) [Vul] personnel. - 1 VOTE
You have until NOON Pacific time - about four hours from the time of this post - to vote. If the majority answer susses out the lie, I'll give you a spoiler!

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Well just to keep things even i guess I'll go with the property logo thing being the lie. :P
 -  
Prophet
So we're tied at two votes for each option. Sudden death time: I need one vote to break the tie. Next vote/reply wins.

-crp

PS: I know this should have been a poll, but I thought I found a bug with polls and they weren't working. But it turns out they work fine, so next time it will be a poll.
 -  
Prophet
Here's the final tally for Round 1 of 2 Truths and a Lie:
MidnightLich wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:38 pm - There is exactly one (1) personnel that does not have the Star Trek property logo. - 3 VOTES
- There is exactly one (1) [Rom] personnel. - 2 VOTES
- There is exactly one (1) [Vul] personnel. - 2 VOTES
The number of [Rom] personnel was the lie - there are NO [Rom] cards in A Private Little War. We had intended to include one, and there was one in early versions of the file. The idea was that we'd get play data from the first few months of play after The Neutral Zone and help the [Rom] [OS] decks out with a new personnel. But with COVID-19 drastically reducing the amount of play, we didn't get the data we wanted, and left the Romulan behind.

That means that there is exactly ONE personnel that doesn't have the Star Trek property logo. He's a dual-affiliation [Kli] / [NA] personnel with the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine property logo. And there is exactly ONE [Vul] personnel - a re-creation of a very famous Vulcan.

Thanks for playing. I've posted a round 2, with a poll, to run the weekend. Another chance for a spoiler awaits!

-crp
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]