This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which statement is a lie about A Private Little War?

There is exactly ONE (1) Artifact.
22%
There is exactly ONE (1) Event.
30%
There is exactly ONE (1) Objective.
48%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Okay, let's play another round of 2 Truths and a Lie about the upcoming expansion A Private Little War. Here are three statements about this expansion and its contents. Two (2) of these are absolutely true, and one (1) is a lie. Your job is to guess which one is the lie.

- There is exactly ONE Artifact in A Private Little War
- There is exactly ONE Event in A Private Little War
- There is exactly ONE Objective in A Private Little War

Vote for the option you think is a lie. This poll will be open through the weekend, and you can change your vote at any time until it closes. So after you vote, make a post in this thread arguing your point and why you think it's a lie. If you guys get the right answer, I'll give you a spoiler!

Enjoy and have fun!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
It's funny that I spent months and months with this set in rules review and I have had no idea which were the truths or lies on any of these.

Good luck, gang. Please win a spoiler. I apparently need one.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
There will be an artifact. So one artifact is true. Second, we will get Excalibians in these expansion, so that is possible that there will be some [Obj] related to them. From the other side, Event is the most universal card int the game. I think there will be a lot of Events or there will be none. One Event is a lie.
 -  
Prophet
jrch5618 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:24 pm So... how did we do? :)
You did well and the majority correctly picked the lie. There is exactly one (1) artifact, exactly one (1) event, but there are three (3) objectives. Good job sussing out the lie!

Here's a spoiler for you - but you'll have to come back tonight to see the image. I don't have them available at work, and I clearly forgot to do this last night.

[Art] The Great Teacher {ST: TOS}
[1E-AU] [3]
Computer interface from Sigma Draconis VI. Ancient technology which temporarily imparts knowledge, spanning topics such as neurosurgery, astrometrics, philosophy, and card game rules.
Use as Equipment card. (Unique.) Immediately choose a personnel present. While present, chosen personnel gains two of every regular skill.

And stay tuned for round 3!

-crp

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
OMG. The possibilities... Wait til the [Bor] or [1E-DQ] [Fed] / [NA] Borg get their hands on that!
One will be a monster.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Combo: [REDACTED] + Tom Paris + Naomi Wildman + The Twin Mistresses of Evil + U.S.S. Voyager = Navigation x20 technically all on Paris.

Mind you, there's no in game use I can see for Navigation after 5 of the skill, but it's still cool.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:30 pm Combo: [REDACTED] + Tom Paris + Naomi Wildman + The Twin Mistresses of Evil + U.S.S. Voyager = Navigation x20 technically all on Paris.

Mind you, there's no in game use I can see for Navigation after 5 of the skill, but it's still cool.
FGC-47 Research is a use for 6.
 -  
Prophet
jrch5618 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:25 pm .... so what happens if the chosen personnel is killed? Does the artifact get a chance to re-select someone? Seems very limited if you can't 'reassign' it.
There is no current in-game way of reassigning it. So if the personnel with it on (just like any other card) dies, the *spoiler* goes with.

-crp

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
edgeofhearing wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:58 pm FGC-47 Research is a use for 6.
That's actually what I was thinking of, but thought the minimum span of the mission was 1 offhand.

It's 0, so you are correct.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]