Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I believe that it's noted that Suder, despite being Betazoid, lacks any form of empathic or telepathic abilities. His 1E card notes that he's "unable to sense even his own emotions".

It's suggested, but never outright confirmed, that this is at least partially why he has sociopathic tendencies. Basically, he's unable to see other people as real.

This interpretation also relies on the TNG episode "The Loss", in which Troi loses her Empathy and proclaims at one point that without it, even Riker feels like an empty projection with no more reality to her than a Holodeck character.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
Boffo97 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:14 pm I believe that it's noted that Suder, despite being Betazoid, lacks any form of empathic or telepathic abilities. His 1E card notes that he's "unable to sense even his own emotions".

It's suggested, but never outright confirmed, that this is at least partially why he has sociopathic tendencies. Basically, he's unable to see other people as real.

This interpretation also relies on the TNG episode "The Loss", in which Troi loses her Empathy and proclaims at one point that without it, even Riker feels like an empty projection with no more reality to her than a Holodeck character.
Okay. I don't remember that specifically but that reasoning makes sense. :thumbsup:

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
The exact line comes from the episode Meld:

"Most Betazoids can sense other people's emotions. I can't even sense my own."

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
GooeyChewie wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:55 pm The exact line comes from the episode Meld:

"Most Betazoids can sense other people's emotions. I can't even sense my own."
That's a great line! Would have made for good lore...
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation