This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By HsuDoNihm
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hello,

I was a regional runner up in 2000 and didn’t have the chance to compete in worlds because of 9/11. Recently, I have had a weird obsession to try and rebuild that deck and play a game. I am a bit fuzzy on some of the rules at this point, let alone the exact deck list. I was hoping to find a Star Trek ccg pen pal here to maybe help me get back into playing condition. Thanks!

edit: typo

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
You accidentally double posted, so I deleted the duplicate for you.

Welcome back! A lot has definitely changed in almost two decades, so I would begin (if you haven't already) by looking through the virtual card sets created in that time.

Also, the current Rules Master BCSWowbagger (the Centauri to my Alex Rogan) has redone both the Rulebook and Glossary, which are linked to on the main page. While there, you should also look at the Official Tournament Format rules document, since those are the rules everyone plays with now.

The Handy Player-Created Resources thread also has links to a lot of neat stuff players have done, such as the humble inventory spreadsheet I link to in my signature.

I'd be your penpal, but I'm not really that good at the game any more and there are probably much better choices.

By HsuDoNihm
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Thanks! I downloaded the virtual setup that you all have posted here and have amazon orders trickling in to rebuild my physical collection. Hopefully someone will hop in a game with me there and be patient while I try to remember all the phases.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Hey, Hsu!

The community is small enough now that it's pretty tough to find a pickup game just on the fly. But if you reach out to some player who plays online and ask, "Hey, you wanna get together for a game some time?" you can usually get something scheduled.

In fact, if you haven't had your first game back yet, drop me a PM and let's set something up. I have a long tradition of playing people for their first time back, and generally either underestimating them and/or being completely blindsided by really old tech I didn't know about.

The Dojo Discord is also a good place to find other players / pickup games: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=35403

Welcome back! Let us know if there's anything else you need / want to talk about!

By HsuDoNihm
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
It looks like there was a card put out to quash my deck, but it is from All good things, so it might not be the most accessible card for people to run and it slows the opponent as much as it slows me. So far, I have picked up:

Mirror mirror box x 3
TwT
RoA
Q-continuum
Premiere

I have another box of AU, Mirror Mirror and TwT on the way. From everything I am seeing, this should still be a world champion deck. I was runner up to Olav Rokne in the regionals in 1999 and we were expected to do quite well in the worlds at the time. I think the only people we were worried about were the England crowd and Brad DeFruiter’s deck at the time, but he was ineligible for worlds at the time due to being an employee, I think. The deck never really got the attention it deserved since the worlds were canceled and the only thing I see resembling it a little bit is the mirror mirror deck listed here in the world champion deck list section, but I think my deck is significantly stronger than that. I’m going through the cards as they show up and am remembering cards that belonged in the deck and setting them aside for deck building purposes. I will eventually need access to some of the more expensive sets like dominion, BoG, FC and HA, but that’s can come later.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
So long as people have access to color printing or are playing online, all cards are equally accessible.

Probably because Lackey already allowed people's collections to be effectively infinite, the CC allowed all cards used in tournaments to be printed proxies some years back.

So an All Good Things card is just as accessible as a Mirror, Mirror card if you go that route.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
HsuDoNihm wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:37 pm I was runner up to Olav Rokne in the regionals in 1999
That means you're in my neck of the woods, because I would have been TD for that event. :)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
HsuDoNihm wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:20 pm I remember you very well, Allen. This is Eric :)
Hey! Kim says hi. :)
HsuDoNihm wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:21 pm I had that deck that could get like 30 personnel out on turn one, remember?
I think there were a few decks in that era who were pulling that trick - you'd have to be more specific ;)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Also, read the OTF Rules closely. 30 personnel on Turn 1 isn’t possible any more due to the personnel download rule.
Temporal Benefactor questions

3) only the regular skills are shared

First: Michael Burnham Last: Saru

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]