This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which statement is a lie about A Private Little War?

There is exactly ONE Equipment in A Private Little War.
33%
There is exactly ONE Interrupt in A Private Little War.
33%
There is exactly ONE Tactic in A Private Little War.
33%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Okay! You guys are 1-1 on this game, so let's get you a winning record. Just like the previous two rounds, I'm giving you three (3) pieces of information about the upcoming expansion A Private Little War. Two of these are the absolute truth, and one of them is a lie. Your job is to vote for the option you think is a lie.

- There is exactly ONE Equipment in A Private Little War.
- There is exactly ONE Interrupt in A Private Little War.
- There is exactly ONE Tactic in A Private Little War.

Vote for the option you think is a lie. This poll will be open until this time on Thursday (morning Pacific), and if the majority correctly identifies the lie, you'll get a spoiler for your reward.

Enjoy and have fun!

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Well we already had "Flintlock Rifle" quasi-spoiled (read: its existence got spoiled)... I'm ASSUMING (Dangerous, I know) that that's an equipment card...

The question is, is it the ONLY equipment card?

I'm suspicious.... :shifty:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:38 am I think there are zero tactics - So I chose "1 Tactic" as the lie. Those aren't being addressed much - plus it's hard to do much with them until Breen Disruptor Burst is addressed...
Counterpoint: there was ONE [OS] [1E-Rom] -specific tactic in The Neutral Zone... could there be an [OS] [Kli] -specific tactic in this set? That doesn't feel like a huge leap to me.

I find it interesting that two people think Tactic is the lie, but for completely opposite reasons. :lol:

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I am going to assume that the tactic is true - OS Feds got one for them, and there was an additional tactic related to [Self] cards. Then OS Roms got one - the OS Klingons should have one too.

Not sure I believe about the sole equipment, but it's plausible. Klingons do love their weapons.

I don't believe that a single event is true so went with that.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
OrionSyndicate wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:20 pm Flintlock Rifle sounds like an Artifact to me. Equipment + Artifact then?
That doesn't add up given that in the last challenge, the statement that there's exactly ONE Artifact turned out to be true, and that Artifact was subsequently spoiled.

So Flintlock Rifle has gotta be a regular old [Equ] Equipment card, right?

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:38 pm
OrionSyndicate wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:20 pm Flintlock Rifle sounds like an Artifact to me. Equipment + Artifact then?
That doesn't add up given that in the last challenge, the statement that there's exactly ONE Artifact turned out to be true, and that Artifact was subsequently spoiled.

So Flintlock Rifle has gotta be a regular old [Equ] Equipment card, right?
Ahh, I did not see the Artifact spoiled in Round 2. Thanks for pointing that out. Flintlock Rifle should be a normal hand weapon equipment then.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Ha! I was busy at work today and didn't get to this, but I think it's hilarious that you got to a three way tie! Here's the results:

There is exactly one (1) equipment. This is the lie. As you'll see shortly (tomorrow), equipment is a small sub-theme for [Kli] [OS] decks and it's well represented in the expansion - there are four (4) total equipment cards. That's the most ever printed in a virtual expansion! You can see one below (though it's just a few hours early, as it's being revealed tomorrow.)

There is exactly one (1) interrupt. This is true, and it's closing a broken link.

There is exactly one (1) tactic. Also true. There weren't any tactics in the file for the first few versions, when we realized that we'd set up an expectation for one by having a [Fed] [OS] tactic in The Cage and a [Rom] [OS] tactic in The Neutral Zone. We made a tactic to fit a mechanic that was subsequently cut, but liked it enough we reworked it and kept it in the file.

Anyway, here's a spoiler for your hard work:

I hope you enjoyed these games we played leading up to the announcement of A Private Little War. Let me know if this is something you'd like to see in the future, too.

-crp

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:17 pm
Ha! I was busy at work today and didn't get to this, but I think it's hilarious that you got to a three way tie! Here's the results:

There is exactly one (1) equipment. This is the lie. As you'll see shortly (tomorrow),
equipment is a small sub-theme
for [Kli] [OS] decks and it's well represented in the expansion - there are four (4) total equipment cards. That's the most ever printed in a virtual expansion! You can see one below (though it's just a few hours early, as it's being revealed tomorrow.)

There is exactly one (1) interrupt. This is true, and it's closing a broken link.

There is exactly one (1) tactic. Also true. There weren't any tactics in the file for the first few versions, when we realized that we'd set up an expectation for one by having a [Fed] [OS] tactic in The Cage and a [Rom] [OS] tactic in The Neutral Zone. We made a tactic to fit a mechanic that was subsequently cut, but liked it enough we reworked it and kept it in the file.

Anyway, here's a spoiler for your hard work:

I hope you enjoyed these games we played leading up to the announcement of A Private Little War. Let me know if this is something you'd like to see in the future, too.

-crp
Make Equipment Great Again! (was it ever great)
Happy to see this. :thumbsup:
Love the spoiler too!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation