This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 105 posts
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
harry696 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:42 pm I encountered the same problem. After doing a hard reset (Ctrl + F5), the set icon for A Private Little War was there and all other icons lined up with its link to the expansion set.
What’s the equivalent solution when browsing from a phone?

Designer question: favorite image from the set?

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:58 pm
harry696 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:42 pm I encountered the same problem. After doing a hard reset (Ctrl + F5), the set icon for A Private Little War was there and all other icons lined up with its link to the expansion set.

Designer question: favorite image from the set?
There are so many great images in the set that this is a really hard question. If I had to pick just one it would be 36V

- James M

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:44 pm any broken links getting closed?

any new ones getting added?
Yes, there are broken links getting closed. One such card is 15V.

As for newly added ones? 59V adds one.

- James M

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
interesting to note that there are a host of personnel in the game, many [Fed] , that have 3 of the 4 skills required by Investigate Anti-Time Eruption, and could complete that mission alone with The Great Teacher and just one other card (usually another personnel).

Example: Kathryn Janeway with The great Teacher would have Leadership x3, Physics x3 and Astrophysics x3, along with ENGINEER x2. Toss in an Engineering kit, and she can complete this mission by herself.

She's probably the easiest as she just needs an equipment to get ENGINEER.

Mr. Scott can do it with a Classic Tricorder to get Physics.

probably ways to do this with temporal benefactors or cards like Vulcan Database with the Vulcan Lander (but you need a Fed or Rom aboard as well to attempt)..........

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
OKCoyote wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:14 pm
Boffo97 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:38 pm Does Chef Riker like me?
My apologies for sending this thread off the rails with Chef Riker discussion.
Would you like me or another mod to move the Chef Riker stuff into the Island of Misfit Posts thread? (Where we put posts non on topic, but don't really merit a thread of their own?)

(It's still a question! No corner for me!)
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
KazonPADD wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:58 pm
I think I've just put some code in to address this. If you refresh the main page normally, it should update.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:46 pm On Library Record Tape, does a Computer Skill personnel need to have [OS] to gain Anthropology or Stellar Cartography?
Yes. That's a distributed [OS] icon. :)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
BCSWowbagger wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:19 am
Boffo97 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:46 pm On Library Record Tape, does a Computer Skill personnel need to have [OS] to gain Anthropology or Stellar Cartography?
Wasn't I promised there would be no math?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:20 am
BCSWowbagger wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:19 am
Wasn't I promised there would be no math?
They lied.

(The best part about the Set-Add-Multiply SAM Rule is that it's just the opposite of the rule you'd expect from traditional math. PERMDAS promised me multiplication would always come first!)

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So why was the expansion icon chosen to be Yarnek's head instead of something more... Klingon?

I guess the most iconic Klingon thing, the d'k tahg, was used long ago, but even so. The Netural Zone expansion icon was Romulan-related.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
jrch5618 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:24 am So why was the expansion icon chosen to be Yarnek's head instead of something more... Klingon?

I guess the most iconic Klingon thing, the d'k tahg, was used long ago, but even so. The Netural Zone expansion icon was Romulan-related.
That's Yarnek's head? I though it was a bowl of Gagh!
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]