- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi,
I find the glossary entry somehow confusing. In the first paragraph it says "killed" in the last paragraph it is "choose one of them to be discarded". Is it killed or discarded or both?

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
glossary: "If two or more personnel or ships with opposing nemesis icons are present with each other at the end of a player's turn, that player must choose one of them to be immediately killed (personnel) or destroyed (ships), regardless of ownership. (If a nemesis ship is cloaked or phased, it is not affected by - and cannot affect - an external nemesis.) This is not a battle."

"For example, if your Pralor Unit 3947 is on a planet with your opponent's Cravic Unit 122 at the end of your turn, you must choose one of them to be discarded."

Conclusion:
So, ships are destroyed and personal are killed, which in both cases means discarded.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
to me its a bit hard to see and differenciate between the nemesis icons, especially when comparing different resolution cards. e.g. the new guys have i think orange while the dr. soong / Lore have yellow?

Maybe a list of all nemesis vs. nemesis icons would be good, so that there are no missunderstandings.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
LuthySloan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:01 amMaybe a list of all nemesis vs. nemesis icons would be good, so that there are no missunderstandings.
I think this is what you're looking for: https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_rulebook/G ... ts-nemesis

I guess we're going to have to update this list on release day, eh?

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
when you update it, change "Silaran Prin" to my given name.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
LuthySloan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:01 am to me its a bit hard to see and differenciate between the nemesis icons, especially when comparing different resolution cards. e.g. the new guys have i think orange while the dr. soong / Lore have yellow?

Maybe a list of all nemesis vs. nemesis icons would be good, so that there are no missunderstandings.
I have the same problem and I was asking in the other forum if we can get an icon that is easier to distinguish, especially for colorblind people. I can make do with a list but it will help potential new players if they don't need a list for this.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
geraldkw wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:11 am
LuthySloan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:01 am to me its a bit hard to see and differenciate between the nemesis icons, especially when comparing different resolution cards. e.g. the new guys have i think orange while the dr. soong / Lore have yellow?

I have the same problem and I was asking in the other forum if we can get an icon that is easier to distinguish, especially for colorblind people. I can make do with a list but it will help potential new players if they don't need a list for this.
I know Design is worrying about this, because they ran a possible solution by Rules a few months ago, while the Excalbians were still being worked on. We signed off, but Art did not, so it's back to the drawing board -- but they are concerned about how Nemesis icons are starting to blur together.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:06 pm
geraldkw wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:11 am

I know Design is worrying about this, because they ran a possible solution by Rules a few months ago, while the Excalbians were still being worked on. We signed off, but Art did not, so it's back to the drawing board -- but they are concerned about how Nemesis icons are starting to blur together.
I have complete trust in the art team so if they thought it wouldn't work it probably wouldn't. I'm sure this can be worked out and I realize it's a chunk of work. Thanks for everyone's efforts!

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]

solved, thanks :thumbsup: