User avatar
Art Director
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - Art Director
 -  
#529762
Hello. I have a question about the last sentence on Transwarp Network Gateway. The previous sentence ends with a period. Then it says: "OR Downloads Transwarp Conduit (discard doorway)." It does not say "Plays to…"

Am I allowed to download Transwarp Conduit by discarding a seeded Transwarp Network Gateway?
User avatar
 
By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Goateed
Community Contributor
1E American National Second Runner-Up 2020
#529781
jjh wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:00 am Hello. I have a question about the last sentence on Transwarp Network Gateway. The previous sentence ends with a period. Then it says: "OR Downloads Transwarp Conduit (discard doorway)." It does not say "Plays to…"

Am I allowed to download Transwarp Conduit by discarding a seeded Transwarp Network Gateway?
I don't think so. The Seed function is wholly different from either play function. For the last function, I think the "plays to" is implied, as it's a separate and distinct function from anything else on the card.

I agree the wording is a little muddy, but I don't think it does what you want it to do regardless.
User avatar
 
By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E American National Participant 2020
#529913
Armus wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:04 pm
jjh wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:00 am Hello. I have a question about the last sentence on Transwarp Network Gateway. The previous sentence ends with a period. Then it says: "OR Downloads Transwarp Conduit (discard doorway)." It does not say "Plays to…"

Am I allowed to download Transwarp Conduit by discarding a seeded Transwarp Network Gateway?
I don't think so. The Seed function is wholly different from either play function. For the last function, I think the "plays to" is implied, as it's a separate and distinct function from anything else on the card.

I agree the wording is a little muddy, but I don't think it does what you want it to do regardless.
You have to play it from hand to download a Transwarp Conduit.
 
By greenfelt
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
#529918
On a related note... I was re-reading this card again the other day. The way it reads, do I have to discard a copy of TNG in order to actually use the gateway each time? Or is it one of those that once it's in play, it can be used any time?

I've always played it using the latter, but on the re-read, I'm starting to think I've always been wrong...
 
By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
#529941
greenfelt wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:47 pm On a related note... I was re-reading this card again the other day. The way it reads, do I have to discard a copy of TNG in order to actually use the gateway each time? Or is it one of those that once it's in play, it can be used any time?

I've always played it using the latter, but on the re-read, I'm starting to think I've always been wrong...
Yeah, you're wrong. To use the doorway to travel, you have to play either a Conduit or another copy of the Gateway.
User avatar
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
President
Community Contributor
#529944
jrch5618 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:46 am
greenfelt wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:47 pm On a related note... I was re-reading this card again the other day. The way it reads, do I have to discard a copy of TNG in order to actually use the gateway each time? Or is it one of those that once it's in play, it can be used any time?

I've always played it using the latter, but on the re-read, I'm starting to think I've always been wrong...
Yeah, you're wrong. To use the doorway to travel, you have to play either a Conduit or another copy of the Gateway.
However, Operate Wormhole Relays can help with that! If you're flying tiny ships.
User avatar
 
By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Goateed
Community Contributor
1E American National Second Runner-Up 2020
#530019
greenfelt wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:27 pm Man. 14-year old me was so wrong back then. Lol. Thanks guys.
Don't worry... Transwarp Hub is the app for that. Very useful facility.
 
By Kander77 (Lee Sneathen)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
#530204
You know I'm curious. It says you need a [SCN] Borg to play another copy of the doorway. Does that mean anyone who was a Borg, like Seven of Nine, in their lore or someone who has a [Bor] ?
User avatar
 
By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
#530206
I f a species is named in text that's also an affiliation, then the answer is both (as one as Borg is used in the lore to reference the character, not, like, "Data fought the Borg...)
All non-[Holo] personnel with a Borg subcommand icon ([SCC], [SCN] or [SCD] ) are Borg species, as well as any species also indicated in the next steps.
If the personnel's lore indicates the species, then they are the species indicated. The lore might indicate more than one species, such as "1/2 human, 1/2 Vulcan". In a case like this, the personnel belongs to each indicated species. If the lore does not otherwise indicate the species, but says they are "from" some particular planet, or a "native" of some particular planet, that indicates the species. (See characteristics.) If a non-[Bor] personnel has a Borg subcommand icon, then besides being Borg species, they are also a member of their species of origin, which will be indicated either elsewhere in lore or by the following step.
User avatar
 
By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Goateed
Community Contributor
1E American National Second Runner-Up 2020
#530218
Kander77 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:26 pm You know I'm curious. It says you need a [SCN] Borg to play another copy of the doorway. Does that mean anyone who was a Borg, like Seven of Nine, in their lore or someone who has a [Bor] ?
" [SCN] Borg" doesn't have to be [Bor] affiliation. That's why Nanoprobe Resuscitation works with Jean-Luc.

However, since Transwarp Network Gateway is itself a [BO] card, you can't use it with non- [Bor] Borg because you can't actually put it in your deck. :wink:
 
By Kander77 (Lee Sneathen)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
#530223
Armus wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:26 pm
Kander77 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:26 pm You know I'm curious. It says you need a [SCN] Borg to play another copy of the doorway. Does that mean anyone who was a Borg, like Seven of Nine, in their lore or someone who has a [Bor] ?
" [SCN] Borg" doesn't have to be [Bor] affiliation. That's why Nanoprobe Resuscitation works with Jean-Luc.

However, since Transwarp Network Gateway is itself a [BO] card, you can't use it with non- [Bor] Borg because you can't actually put it in your deck. :wink:
lmao I didn't even see that icon. I think you knew where I was going with this too...
User avatar
 
By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E American National Participant 2020
#530291
Kander77 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:56 pm
Armus wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:26 pm
Kander77 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:26 pm You know I'm curious. It says you need a [SCN] Borg to play another copy of the doorway. Does that mean anyone who was a Borg, like Seven of Nine, in their lore or someone who has a [Bor] ?
" [SCN] Borg" doesn't have to be [Bor] affiliation. That's why Nanoprobe Resuscitation works with Jean-Luc.

However, since Transwarp Network Gateway is itself a [BO] card, you can't use it with non- [Bor] Borg because you can't actually put it in your deck. :wink:
lmao I didn't even see that icon. I think you knew where I was going with this too...
You can travel through a [BO] Borg opponent's gateways using a Temporal Conduit though.

I can't promise doing this every day, but with a[…]

Vulcan starter deck

I’m a huge fan of the starter decks that hav[…]

crell moset

And dilemmas, and all sorts of other cards[…]

Star Trek: Discovery

I also noticed the camera noticing her. (Kind of l[…]