By SAM2000
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Interesting questions.

My opponent's holographic away team encounters Female Love Interest. So the following happens.

Female randomly selected.
Dilemma attempts to relocate the personnel.
[Holo] Personnel can't relocate so deactivates.
Opponent plays Holodeck door to prevent deactivation.

Questions is - Is that [Holo] Female now returned to the Away Team, or do the form a separate away team which is no longer part of the mission attempt?
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
I wrote an answer, but I was thinking of Hippo, not Female's..

After consideration, I'd say that the hologram continues with the away team. By rule the hologram cannot be relocated. The deactivation was prevented, so they aren't disabled. I see no reason they wouldn't continue on, since nothing says they're stopped.
Last edited by JeBuS on Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I think the female Hologram in question continues in the mission attempt since she's not stopped. The new away team rule would tend to support that.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Armus wrote:related question: do Holograms get clowned by Primal Urges?
Unless they can exist on that planet, I'd say so.

Related question to the related question: if one of my selected Holograms for Primal Urges is Kejal, is there a window in which she can [DL] Holo-projectors at the destination to allow her to relocate?

-crp
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:

Related question to the related question: if one of my selected Holograms for Primal Urges is Kejal, is there a window in which she can [DL] Holo-projectors at the destination to allow her to relocate?

-crp
She cannot be relocated to begin with, so she would never be at the destination location to download the projectors.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Can you define "clowned"?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:
Um.... let's see... The holograms look like a bunch of clowns because they cant go off and have lizard sex?

In gameplay terms, since Holograms can't relocate, they can't pass the dilemma, so instead of solving missions your people are just on the planet clowning around.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Armus wrote:
Professor Scott wrote:
Um.... let's see... The holograms look like a bunch of clowns because they cant go off and have lizard sex?

In gameplay terms, since Holograms can't relocate, they can't pass the dilemma, so instead of solving missions your people are just on the planet clowning around.
Lol, now I feel like a clown for asking, lol.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:

-crp
Glossary:

"Whenever a hologram would be moved somewhere it cannot exist (e.g. Penalty Box), it deactivates instead."

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:58 pm In gameplay terms, since Holograms can't relocate, they can't pass the dilemma, so instead of solving missions your people are just on the planet clowning around.
How come they don't just ignore this like Borg do? If they can't relocate, that's fine. But there is no "unless" or "required to pass" in the dilemma. If the dilemma doesn't have a target, it just fizzles correct? Plus the dilemma is then discarded afterwards anyways. So if they're not stopped, then why are they clowning around?
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
HoodieDM wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:24 pm
Armus wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:58 pm In gameplay terms, since Holograms can't relocate, they can't pass the dilemma, so instead of solving missions your people are just on the planet clowning around.
How come they don't just ignore this like Borg do? If they can't relocate, that's fine. But there is no "unless" or "required to pass" in the dilemma. If the dilemma doesn't have a target, it just fizzles correct? Plus the dilemma is then discarded afterwards anyways. So if they're not stopped, then why are they clowning around?
The dilemma says "To get past,...".

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
The hologram, unable to relocate, pines for his lost love Lenore and the rest of the Away Team console him?
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
I believe that the hologram would be discarded due to the involuntary relocation. From the glossary on hologram personnel - "Holograms may not report or voluntarily move any place where they cannot exist. Whenever a hologram would be moved somewhere it cannot exist (e.g. Penalty Box), it deactivates instead. If holograms are somewhere where they cannot exist, they are immediately erased (discarded). (This can happen if, for example, holograms are present with Holo-Projectors when it is nullified.)"

Since the dilemma is involuntarily relocating the hologram to a location where it cannot exist due to a lack of Holoprojectors. Then, they interact with the next dilemma.

At least, that's how I read it.

Michael

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
as u quoted yourself

Whenever a hologram would be moved somewhere it cannot exist (e.g. Penalty Box), it deactivates instead.

it doesnt relocate

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]